Proposal: Detroit's your Huckleberry

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
We stink...

Knowing this I feel Detroit needs to "weaponize" its cap space to some extent this summer by adding some other teams cap problems in exchange for picks and/or further-along prospects.

Some ideas could be;

1. To Vegas
- Svechnikov and a 2020 2nd(Oilers')
To Detroit
-Fleury and Glass

2. To Nashville
-Chowolski and 2020 3rd
To Detroit
-Turris, Tolvanen and 2020 1st rd pick

3. To NYI
-2020 3rd rd pick
To Detroit
-Leddy and Simon Holmstrom

These may all be brutal but are the types of deals I feel SY should be looking to make

Any other ideas

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Oof, value is ugly for opposing teams, though I agree and want the team to take on shorter term dumps to gain additional assets

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
We stink...

Knowing this I feel Detroit needs to "weaponize" its cap space to some extent this summer by adding some other teams cap problems in exchange for picks and/or further-along prospects.

Some ideas could be;

1. To Vegas
- Svechnikov and a 2021 3rd(Vegas')
To Detroit
-Fleury and Glass

2. To Nashville
-Chowolski and 2020 3rd
To Detroit
-Turris, Tolvanen and 2020 1st rd pick

3. To NYI
-2020 3rd rd pick
To Detroit
-Leddy and Simon Holmstrom

These may all be brutal but are the types of deals I feel SY should be looking to make

Any other ideas

I was wondering why Vegas was sending you Glass and Haydyn Fleury (thinking when the hell they got him?!?!) before my brain remembered Marc-Andre is a thing.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Vegas says $#@% no. Better off buying Fleury out. Doubt Fleury would be willing to go to Detroit anyways.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Vegas says $#@% no. Better off buying Fleury out. Doubt Fleury would be willing to go to Detroit anyways.
Detroit can give him plenty of PT, and if he does well in front of that defense maybe he can earn another contract. Pretty sure Detroit protects him in the expansion if that means anything.

But you're right, Vegas should not be selling low on Glass for MAF. As a Red Wings fan, it is fun to speculate a way to pry a young top 6 C out of a team in win-now mode, but the most Vegas should be giving up is this years first+a bad contract or something. A decent asset but nothing to lose sleep over.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't think Fleury waives his NMC to go to Detroit.

Nor should Yzerman be looking for an older goalie that's just going to keep the team from being a bottom feeder for another year or two when they need to get high picks.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How about Ian Cole?

$4.25m caphit, but only $3m in real salary this year. He's got his 2 cups and could be a stabling presence for some younger Dmen (eg. Seider/Hronek).

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He hunts by sound.

giphy.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
In b4 someone offers 13 consecutive 2nd round picks for Seider:sarcasm:
Whoever, that is not my MO. Seider, sure, but not like dat.

And I had such high hopes for ya, things were going so smoothly and peacefully...

... calm before the storm?

If we stay very still, Bern can't see us.
Only God sees EVERYTHING.
However, bern makes it a point to try and stay on good terms with The Man Upstairs.

peekaboo!

He hunts by sound.
and more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad