Proposal: detroits 4OA for a prospect or young nhler

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
guys off the top of my head i was thinking of were recent pix such as podkolzin - bouchard - cozens - dobson - broberg . maybe there gm likes the guy avaliable at 4 this draft and yzerman likes one of these recent draftees better than the 4th pick
Podkolzin isn’t being dealt. I’ve also never seen a team trading a top 5 pick for a player drafted a year before. No chance aha

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
What would you want Detroit to add to swap #4 and #2?

Probably not that much tbh. I think the difference prospect quality-wise between 2 and 3 is virtually zero, and the dropoff from 3 to 4 isn't very steep either.

Pick 32 would probably do it, and then the Kings would have even more tools to maneuver around the draft and grab other players they want.

Reactions: SirloinUB

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think it's plausible that the Wings trade out of the first round entirely. I think it's very plausible that Yzerman and his scouts have another quasi-off-the-board pick, and in that case they might try to trade down in exchange for a young roster player. For example if they prefer Jarvis to the usual top ten guys, then try to get pick #10 from Winnipeg, who might aggressively trade up for Rossi at #4. In that particular example I don't know who Detroit would want but something involving Samberg and Copp would make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->