Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Poolparty?
Holy Shit that’s bad. :facepalm:
200.gif

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
pretty crappy Detroit being the worst team in the NHL... not even drafting in the top 3 for crying out loud.

we offer you Thatcher Demko straight up.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
You're not getting the value you want, but for the sake of playing the game I'll offer Kotkaniemi.
Jesus no... the kid is getting ready now and discovered his beast mode in the cup stint. We got Eddy to help protect the kids as well. That Suzuki/KK could be top 5 #1/#2 C line in the league in 2-3 years. These kids are not going aywhere.

Domi + 16th + Mete though... i mean, Domi can rack 60-70 points at C, imagine with good wingers...

Last edited:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Not sure why people keep thinking Detroit has any interest in Domi...
Cause he's the best young ready center you can get with just a 1st round pick... it's not a project, he's a 60 point minimum guy with good wingers, what's not to like if you team is, hum, Detroit... We could even throw Tatar in as courtesy. I like both players but they're not the future here.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Cause he's the best young ready center you can get with just a 1st round pick... it's not a project, he's a 60 point minimum guy with good wingers, what's not to like if you team is, hum, Detroit... We could even throw Tatar in as courtesy. I like both players but they're not the future here.

Somebody must have confused you into thinking Detroit's trying to compete immediately...

But please, tell me more about the 60 point minimum guy, who's reached 60 points once in his career.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Well, always losing and staying in the bottom is sad and demoralizing. The good players will leave at UFA and no UFA will want to sign so it makes sense to at least offer some hope.

Domi had 72 last year and was on way for 50 on a season we gave up on in february and where Drouin was in a hard slump and Suzuki was sipping his ice time. Why i said he's a 60+ points C if he has good wingers (better than Armia/Byron/Tatar/Hurt Drouin eh...)

His 3 first years were 52p/81g, 38p/59g, 45/82g... with the coyotes and questionable wingers at age 20-21-23 or so. He now is a mature center at 25yo (not 35) and can certainly help a team struggling to perform since the departure of Datsuyk... I hurt for you guys, what a loss... I loved seeing him play even when we lost against the Wings

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
pretty crappy Detroit being the worst team in the NHL... not even drafting in the top 3 for crying out loud.

Cool, now add something that actually compares in value to the 4th.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well, always losing and staying in the bottom is sad and demoralizing. The good players will leave at UFA and no UFA will want to sign so it makes sense to at least offer some hope.

Domi had 72 last year and was on way for 50 on a season we gave up on in february and where Drouin was in a hard slump and Suzuki was sipping his ice time. Why i said he's a 60+ points C if he has good wingers (better than Armia/Byron/Tatar/Hurt Drouin eh...)

His 3 first years were 52p/81g, 38p/59g, 45/82g... with the coyotes and questionable wingers at age 20-21-23 or so. He now is a mature center at 25yo (not 35) and can certainly help a team struggling to perform since the departure of Datsuyk... I hurt for you guys, what a loss... I loved seeing him play even when we lost against the Wings

Good to know that the solution to get Detroit back to winning is trading their best chance at acquiring an elite talent for a 25 year old 2C who we already know is not elite.

Ask yourself if you would've traded the Kotkaniemi pick for Domi. Because you wouldn't, and you know it.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Good to know that the solution to get Detroit back to winning is trading their best chance at acquiring an elite talent for a 25 year old 2C who we already know is not elite.

Ask yourself if you would've traded the Kotkaniemi pick for Domi. Because you wouldn't, and you know it.
Well if i was in the perenial loser spot and I could get Domi (a PROVEN very good center, young but mature, maybe not Elite, okay) + 16th for 4th oa and that prevents me from sucking bad for at least the next 2 years (that is IF that 4th oa goes right. Remember Drouin, Galchenyuk, Puljujarvi, Yakupov, etc.. there are no guarantee that 4th would be Elite... ), then i would take it. That 4th is not Lafreniere eh...

We do know what Domi brings and you still have a 1st rounder at 16.

Ah well... keeping 4th is good too, i respect that, the habs had nothing in the farm before Bergevin came in. For all who complain about him, we do have good future because he kept his picks.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
No no no

Detroit sucks.
Detroit is going to suck for another 2 full seasons at minimum
Detroit should only be taking bribes for salary dumps from cash strapped teams

This way Detroit adds more picks and prospects to ensure we come out the other side ready to compete for a cup, not a playoff seed

Rename this thread Detroit wants your 1st rd pick for your drunken mistakes...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well if i was in the perenial loser spot and I could get Domi (a PROVEN very good center, young but mature, maybe not Elite, okay) + 16th for 4th oa and that prevents me from sucking bad for at least the next 2 years (that is IF that 4th oa goes right. Remember Drouin, Galchenyuk, Puljujarvi, Yakupov, etc.. there are no guarantee that 4th would be Elite... ), then i would take it. That 4th is not Lafreniere eh...

We do know what Domi brings and you still have a 1st rounder at 16.

Ah well... keeping 4th is good too, i respect that, the habs had nothing in the farm before Bergevin came in. For all who complain about him, we do have good future because he kept his picks.

You apparently didn't watch Detroit at all this year if you think Domi is going to be the key to prevent them from sucking. :laugh:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I just don't think it makes sense for any team to make this trade. If a player or prospect is young and good enough for Detroit to consider trading the 4th overall pick, then he must be good enough for that other team to just keep him?

The only players that would sort of make sense are Nylander or Marner from the Leafs. They are still young enough for Detroit to build around, and Toronto is in enough cap trouble to consider losing them for a cost controlled high end prospect. Not sure if fans of either team would be into it though.

Last edited:

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan

For a 2nd, sure. Throw in Loui and I'll give you a 3rd instead. No retention needed.

Jesus no... the kid is getting ready now and discovered his beast mode in the cup stint. We got Eddy to help protect the kids as well. That Suzuki/KK could be top 5 #1/#2 C line in the league in 2-3 years. These kids are not going aywhere.

Domi + 16th + Mete though... i mean, Domi can rack 60-70 points at C, imagine with good wingers...
Domi isn't a C though, nice try.

Habs offer: Caufield, Poehling, 16 OA
Counter offer: Romanov and Caufield. You can keep 16 OA, Suzuki and KK and get a very good W at 4 and a good D at 16.

4OV + Mantha for Marner.
Solid base but the Leafs would have to add, say this years first? Would rather do Nylander for 4th straight up if we are going for pie in the sky trades with the Leafs.

Honestly though, all of these trades don't really make sense. Detroit is not going to be good even with Marner, and Marner is going to be significantly older and more expensive than whoever is drafted at 4. I understand that Marner is way better than the likely outcome than the average 4th OA but he won't be enough to push us out of our misery. I'm pretty sure not even McDavid could, we are closer to an AHL team than an average NHL team at this point...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
For a 2nd, sure. Throw in Loui and I'll give you a 3rd instead. No retention needed.

Domi isn't a C though, nice try.

Counter offer: Romanov and Caufield. You can keep 16 OA, Suzuki and KK and get a very good W at 4 and a good D at 16.

Solid base but the Leafs would have to add, say this years first? Would rather do Nylander for 4th straight up if we are going for pie in the sky trades with the Leafs.

Honestly though, all of these trades don't really make sense. Detroit is not going to be good even with Marner, and Marner is going to be significantly older and more expensive than whoever is drafted at 4. I understand that Marner is way better than the likely outcome than the average 4th OA but he won't be enough to push us out of our misery. I'm pretty sure not even McDavid could, we are closer to an AHL team than an average NHL team at this point...
no thanks :)

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

I get what your saying but in fairness Kot went 3rd
3rd pick to 4 could be a big difference in player...
I value Domi as around 7-8 pick so we would need to add a good B+ prospect to make it work.
Furthermore that 4th pick has a 50/50 shot or less of ever being a Domi if your lucky. You can get a very good player 4th but also may not. Gamble for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad