Proposal: detroits 4OA for a prospect or young nhler

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If we were forced to trade Cirelli, we would add a bit. I think Cirelli is worth something around 8-10th, so I'm not sure how to even it out, or if the Wings would be interested. Given that Yzerman drafted and developed Cirelli, I think he would be.

Cirelli isn't bringing you back the 8th to 10th ever. Just stop. The only reason he managed the points he did his last 2 years which weren't all that impressive is because teams never play their first d pairing against his line. IMO, on another team it's a stretch he's a really good 2nd line player. Detroit is going to suck for quite some time which is why I suggested they trade Larkin for prospects and picks. Detroit should take Drysdale and build from the back out first.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Ryan Strome + 22 + Georgiev
No thanks. R.Strome is not the player we're seeking. Career 42.41pts/82 gp is high end 3c territory. Only 2/7 seasons did he hit 50pts+. He's also old (27), not 23 & under as OP stated. Georgiev isn't a proven starter either.

Surely we get better offers if 4OA is on the table. Think Cirelli+smaller piece/pick.

Reactions: bernmeister

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
U crazy? Werenskis dont grow on trees

Let's see Jarmo replace these players. Let's see Jarmo find another Werenski. You think Werenskis grow on trees? Well, they don't - there is no Werenski Tree. You think the world is crawling with Seth Jonses? Show me that farm...with Seth Jonses and Nathan Gerbes...sprouting up all over the place, ripe for the plucking...Show me that farm.

pocv8jz60hp11.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cirelli isn't bringing you back the 8th to 10th ever. Just stop. The only reason he managed the points he did his last 2 years which weren't all that impressive is because teams never play their first d pairing against his line. IMO, on another team it's a stretch he's a really good 2nd line player. Detroit is going to suck for quite some time which is why I suggested they trade Larkin for prospects and picks. Detroit should take Drysdale and build from the back out first.

Lol, ok. So being 4th in Selke voting at 23... Doesn't count for anything right?

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Lol, ok. So being 4th in Selke voting at 23... Doesn't count for anything right?

He's an exceptional two way player, but Detroit needs game breakers to build a franchise around. As good as he is, Cirelli isn't that. People like to compare him to Bergeron but he's not there. Bergeron is far more lethal player offensively.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
You honestly think that Domi moves you up 12 spots? Let's be realistic here take more then Domi+#16 for the #4 pick need to add another prospect or picks. And besides Yzerman doesn't want Domi so no dice.

Domi is a solid young 2nd line center which is a big need for the Wings. He brings lots of energy and is capable of 60+ points. Plus the 16OA on a deep draft represent a good prospect. Why Yzerman wouldnt consider it ? Did he ever said that he's not interested in Domi ? Im just curious

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Awkward spot to get a trade value for. Too high to get anything but a top young player, but not high enough to get a no doubt elite prospect like Lafreniere or Stutzle. I don't see anyone trading Makar, Svechnikov, or even a Dach for a #4. Maybe a Marner and his giant cap hit? Hischier, if NJD are not confident of him being a first liner going forward?

One thing for sure. That ELC that comes along with a prospect has value, but that is partially negated by the inherent risk that comes with a prospect. #4 could be the next Pulju, or Yak.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Domi is a solid young 2nd line center which is a big need for the Wings. He brings lots of energy and is capable of 60+ points. Plus the 16OA on a deep draft represent a good prospect. Why Yzerman wouldnt consider it ? Did he ever said that he's not interested in Domi ? Im just curious
If we want a Domi clone we can just draft Marco Rossi, And a few of our insiders had that that if Bergevin wanted Mantha Yzerman would be seeking either Suzuki and or Caufield another sniper he wasn't interested in Domi.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yikes. Sergachev isn't worth the 4OA pick.

Why would Detroit trade that pick anyway? They are early in the rebuilding process, just take the pick.

HAHA gotta love HF and the complete overvaluing of lotto picks.

When you draft a player at 4th OA you hope he turns into a player like Sergachev, yet Sergachev somehow isn't worth the pick...ok then.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
HAHA gotta love HF and the complete overvaluing of lotto picks.

When you draft a player at 4th OA you hope he turns into a player like Sergachev, yet Sergachev somehow isn't worth the pick...ok then.

Are you lagging 3 years behind or something? This isn't the Sergachev that looked like a future 1st pairing guy the year after he got traded to Tampa. This is the guy that still needs to play protected minutes after 4 full seasons in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad