Proposal: detroits 4OA for a prospect or young nhler

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
To be honest the only player I would consider one for one is Sergachev. Not sure how Tampa fans would feel, but I heard rumblings about a combo of him and Cirelli due for raises in this off season.

There's no way we let Sergachev go. I think there's a small chance either Cernak or Cirelli go. If it comes down to those two, Cirelli is the better player, but, because we're deeper at C, I think he would be the guy we move. But that's very debatable.

Plan A is obviously to keep all three, and, because it's TB, I don't think it's implausible. But if it can't happen, I think there's a slightly higher chance that we part with Cirelli instead of Cernak, but no chance whatsoever we let Sergachev go.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sabres offer the 8th overall for Cirelli.

I don't think it's unrealistic. Good value for both sides, IMO. He's playing hurt at the moment, but, when healthy, he's a hell of a player. TB's gonna try to sign him to something waaaay under market value.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
To be honest the only player I would consider one for one is Sergachev. Not sure how Tampa fans would feel, but I heard rumblings about a combo of him and Cirelli due for raises in this off season.

Yikes. Sergachev isn't worth the 4OA pick.

Why would Detroit trade that pick anyway? They are early in the rebuilding process, just take the pick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Werenski? Done. Though it's almost a foregone conclusion he'll sign in DET in a few years as UFA, (home/MI roots/best buddies w/Larkin @ U.M. etc.)

Current needs:
young Top4 LD with Top Pair (near certainty).

young 2C (prefer RHS, 2-way) now with small possibility of 1C ceiling.[/USER]

What if Larkin signs to Columbus cause of Werenski ?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's no way we let Sergachev go. I think there's a small chance either Cernak or Cirelli go. If it comes down to those two, Cirelli is the better player, but, because we're deeper at C, I think he would be the guy we move. But that's very debatable.

Plan A is obviously to keep all three, and, because it's TB, I don't think it's implausible. But if it can't happen, I think there's a slightly higher chance that we part with Cirelli instead of Cernak, but no chance whatsoever we let Sergachev go.

Would you think Yzerman goes after Cirelli ?

If Red Wings get Krug, there's no need for "sergachev", but still that need for a center.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What if Larkin signs to Columbus cause of Werenski ?
What year does Werenski become UFA? '23-'24 or '24-'25? He (or someone his caliber) is probably the final big piece for a cup contender if we hadn't already filled that role. They're both Michiganders. Lastly in 3-4 seasons do you expect the cap to be over $85-90M? I think that's a good range, but a bit high considering 3 yrs of Flat Cap...CBJ won't be able to/won't want to pay $10M+ ? for ZW, we however would. Remember they gotta pay PLD & Seth Jones, that's probably $20M++ in 3-4 seasons.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Werenski? Done. Though it's almost a foregone conclusion he'll sign in DET in a few years as UFA, (home/MI roots/best buddies w/Larkin @ U.M. etc.)

tenor.gif

Reactions: njx9

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

For value discussion. Habs won't obviously trade Kotkaniemi but if they decided right now that it's better off to send him to another organization, would he fetch a 4th overall? It's not like we currently have a clear picture of what KK is going to be. Actually the Habs don't seem to have a clear picture on anyone other than Suzuki.

Reactions: Gains

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
For value discussion. Habs won't obviously trade Kotkaniemi but if they decided right now that it's better off to send him to another organization, would he fetch a 4th overall? It's not like we currently have a clear picture of what KK is going to be. Actually the Habs don't seem to have a clear picture on anyone other than Suzuki.
I just don't see the point. Kotkaniemi is going nowhere. A draft pick isn't what the Habs need either. He along with Suzuki are the future #1/2C.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I just don't see the point. Kotkaniemi is going nowhere. A draft pick isn't what the Habs need either. He along with Suzuki are the future #1/2C.

That's the idea, obviously, if everything goes as expected. And I know they aren't trading KK at this point. But also the return discussed here is not just "a" draft pick. It's the 4th overall pick.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Current needs:
young Top4 LD with Top Pair (near certainty).

young 2C (prefer RHS, 2-way) now with small possibility of 1C ceiling.[/USER]
Why would anyone trade those for #4?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why would a rebuilding team trade the 4th overall pick? Yzerman isn't dumb.

He won't, but if he did, its not on a one for one basis.

I'd venture a guess he'd want to stay in top 10 this year, add another good prospect and add another 2nd this year or next.

Not to many players out there available that fir a 1 for 1 scenario

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Poolparty?

He said the 4th overall pick, not a 4th round pick.

okay... I might have exaggerated a little, but still, he doesn’t get you anything remotely close to a 4th overall. Not even sure if anyone is willing to cough up a 1st rounder at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad