Confirmed with Link: Detroit trades 2020 4th round pick to Tampa for Adam Erne

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
For every Fabbri-move there's one Erne move. Every guy does not pan out like you want, but there was some idea about his potential we have to respect. You just have to give that opportunity first and see what happens.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
What a disappointment guy has been. Guy's been given a golden opportunity and even some completely undeserved Power Play time, and still has nothing to show for it. What a joke, we have enough players as it is that can't score or get points (Nielsen, Abdelkader, Ehn, Perlini) and Erne does **** all. He doesn't even throw checks out there, waive this guy along with Nielsen ASAP.

Erne piss in your Cheerios this morning?

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I havent been impressed, but he also plays with trash so it's very easy for me to give him a break.

He does give me a young Abdelkader vibe.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'll be honest it's looking like a flop of a trade but still. I'm not about to bash Yzerman for trying to get young talent on a team that doesn't have much young talent ready to play. I like all the Erne/Perlini/Fabbri/Biega trades. Not mortaging the future and attempting to cultivate up young(er) talent.

It's what I've bashed Holland for, for a long time so seeing Yzerman do these things and even fail doesn't upset me.

Still waiting on my home run swing, which to be fair isn't really out there yet outside of maybe Taylor Hall. But we'll see what Yzerman has.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Could be. Like, somehow those 3rd line duties could be just too much, but as 4th line banger he could be back on his old role again (as it was at Tampa).
The 4th line has been playing pretty well all season, so there's really no reason to break them up. Ehn stepped right in for DLR, ad they still looked OK in Boston.

At this rate, Erne is probably the odd man out when LGD returns because Ehn plays center and kills penalties. I'd bump "Double Sheahan" Nielsen and "Double Sheahan" Ehn to the 4th line and run:
Abby-LGD-Helm as the 3rd line
Nielsen-Ehn-Perlini as the 4th

Erne can rotate in for Nielsen/Perlini. Larkin and LGD can double shift for Perlini in defensive situations.

As much as I hated on Abby last season, he looks like he's regained his skating. Abby and Helm are the only forwards that have positive +/-, I'd rather see more of them and less of Nielsen.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Re: Nielsen, if we ever hope to trade him (even for a bag of pucks), this year or beyond, he needs to play & get pts. Now, if after 40-50gp he has 10-15 pts then he probably needs to sit a few games. Maybe NYI take him back for a 3rd? w/$1.5M retained. Erne-Nielsen-Perlini has enough talent to be a average 3rd line, it's just not clicking for them now,l there's lots of reasons for this.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Re: Nielsen, if we ever hope to trade him (even for a bag of pucks), this year or beyond, he needs to play & get pts. Now, if after 40-50gp he has 10-15 pts then he probably needs to sit a few games. Maybe NYI take him back for a 3rd? w/$1.5M retained. Erne-Nielsen-Perlini has enough talent to be a average 3rd line, it's just not clicking for them now,l there's lots of reasons for this.
Nielsen has no value at all right now.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Obviously that's a given, that's why I stated "even for a bag of pucks" we'd have to raise his trade value by letting him play.
Leaving garbage out in the open does not increase its value. The team could leave Nielsen at the end of the driveway with a "For Free" sign, and nobody will take him.

Quite frankly, if we're not going to get any production out of the third line, we might as well put LGD or Helm there as 3C.

Reactions: marcmadsen

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This is looking like a really weird trade.

This pick ended up becoming Zayde Wisdom selected by the Flyers, who has 7 goals and 11 points in 19 AHL games this year.

Erne has been good this year, but I would probably rather have Wisdom.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

This pick ended up becoming Zayde Wisdom selected by the Flyers, who has 7 goals and 11 points in 19 AHL games this year.

I would not. Erne is doing this at the NHL level and is an okay bottom six forward. Rather not look the gift horse in the mouth. Neither is a huge difference maker, so give me the solid, if uninspiring guy.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

Sure, but we have 0 idea if the Wings would have taken him. You have to look at trades in hindsight as the value of the pick alone.

Reactions: Winger98

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Sure seems to not be the case when people look at the Kyle Quincey trade turning into Vasilevskiy

sure but there's a pretty big difference between even a late 1st and a 4th

draft boards diverge a lot more the later it gets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->