GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/15/18 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think we're quick to judge Peca and Armia...

These are after all new players, they need time to mesh with the team.

I think a bit more patience would be prudent.
Agreed on Armia because he has proven he is an nhl player whereas Peca has not proven it

Reactions: 417

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Peca is a C though, Sherbak is a winger..... and Peca hasn't done jack **** to be honest. At least Sherbak has shown he can score in the NHL, with his limited audition. Peca hasn't show me a single thing yet. If Peca was a winger he would be a fringe player as well.

That's because you've only see Peca in the games he's played with us.

Scherbak does deserve a chance to show what he can do before the habs ultimately trade him, thus purging all Russians from the team.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Agreed on Armia because he has proven he is an nhl player whereas Peca has not proven it

Wasn't everyone saying that Peca was the next Byron in preseason? He's been on the fourth line this whole time, maybe he needs a bigger role and some better linemates to prove himself. Also I believe he had a groin injury in preseason, could be he's not at 100%

Reactions: Peanut

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Wasn't everyone saying that Peca was the next Byron in preseason? He's been on the fourth line this whole time, maybe he needs a bigger role and some better linemates to prove himself. Also I believe he had a groin injury in preseason, could be he's not at 100%
We don't really have space for all these players.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
There will be no easy game this season.
Now come on boys let's get those Wings!
Domi and Drouin putting a show. KK with his first goal. Plek with the silver stick.

Go Habs!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Whatever they paid was a waste

Imagine complaining about overpaying Peca (who makes 1.3 mil for two years) when the team has Shaw at a 3.9 cap hit for 4 more years, Drouin at 5.5 mil for 5 more years, Alzner at 4.625 for 4 more years, etc.

Clearly Peca's contract is a massive impediment to Montreal's plans moving forward.

Reactions: McTusk and Peanut

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Imagine complaining about overpaying Peca (who makes 1.3 mil for two years) when the team has Shaw at a 3.9 cap hit for 4 more years, Drouin at 5.5 mil for 5 more years, Alzner at 4.625 for 4 more years, etc.

Clearly Peca's contract is a massive impediment to Montreal's plans moving forward.

Damnnnnnn CM you beauty!

Reactions: McTusk

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Damnnnnnn CM you beauty!
The difference was that Alzner and Shaw had at least proven themselves in the NHL while Peca has 23 NHL games of experience.
Best AHL season I think was 46 points in 60 some odd games. He is a dime a dozen player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad