GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 7:30

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Seems like lazy players just don't like coaches. I remember players not liking Babcock either. In fact, it was speculated some players refused to sign because of Babcock. I think Scotty Bowman once said he was the most hated man in the locker room 364 days a year, but that 1 day a year he was the most loved.

Mike Babcock pales in comparison to Scotty Bowman.
Jeff Blashill pales in comparison to my dog's turd.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Seems like lazy players just don't like coaches. I remember players not liking Babcock either. In fact, it was speculated some players refused to sign because of Babcock. I think Scotty Bowman once said he was the most hated man in the locker room 364 days a year, but that 1 day a year he was the most loved.
I don't think it's that Mantha is lazy. It's that Blashill hasn't found a way to make him work. Not every player responds to every coaching strategy, and it sounds like Blash's Babcock impression is wearing a little thin. If I had to speculate, I think Mantha needs a player's coach who will make him a pet project. So, sure, Mantha might need extra coaching to get where he needs to be, but I don't think that makes him lazy.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
He will be on another team, as soon as he can. Same with AA. Possibly Larkin. They are in no position to bench AA (ducks game), in no position to call out mantha (countless times), and in no position to continually lash out at our future. They do not blame guys who’ve had success in the past, and are on their final victory lap. I’m very concerned about the Wings future ever since the calling out of Mantha and the continuous benching of AA from time to time bc trash has zero clue. So yes, I do think this organization is ruining their future, to please their vets. Just today, Howard was quoted that they are “pleading to mgmt that they can turn it around, and enjoy playing w eachother.” It was in Det News or Freep, but can’t remember. It’s a sick joke this mgmt team is playing, and I highly doubt they do much at TD, bc hey, we are 8 pts out and just finding their groove.

If Howard actually enjoys playing for this team he is indeed off his rocker.

Mantha deserves to be called out this game at the very least. He was brutal. They absolutely should expect and demand more from the likes of Mantha and AA. Whom else would we give a shit about in a few years? If Larkin can put in the effort every night, so can these two.

Reactions: gbdet

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Less buyers = lower prices. We might not even get a 1st for him at the TDL so definitely not weeks+ earlier.

Again, where's your evidence of any of this? Plenty of trades happen weeks before the deadline and the team selling the player isn't giving them away.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Why would he only fetch a 3rd in early February? What evidence do you have of this being a thing?

There's no evidence but there aren't a lot of counterpoints either. Not many players get traded predeadline and most aren't the big fish. I honestly do think that prices are highest at the actual deadline when teams are most sure of the position they're in and who's available... But it's not a difference between a 1st and a 3rd. That's preposterous, it's more like the difference between a 1st+4th and a 1st+7th if I had to guess from looking at recent deadlines.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Kenny has to be the only guy in the league who gets equal hate if the team wins as if they lose.

So trade Green in early february for a 3rd instead of a 1st at the deadline? Smart, real smart.

You just lied and made that up

Everybody and their dog knows who Mike green us and what is value is.

It will not changed 16 days later.

His value HAS been established already

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You just lied and made that up

Everybody and their dog knows who Mike green us and what is value is.

It will not changed 16 days later.

His value HAS been established already
And Holland will wait until he gets that value. Which is most likely to occur as close to the TDL as possible. I don’t know why this needs explaining. Few buyers this year.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Just forfeit the games against Tampa.

I'd be shocked if there is another MHL team out there that dominates a team as badly as Tampa dominates us. It's laughable at this point. 11 consecutive losses to the same team lol. That doesn't even happen in minor league hockey. We surrender.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
It’s ridiculous to moan about the Wings hanging onto Green too long, especially since he’s the one who can control if, when and to whom he is traded. There’s overwhelming evidence to show it’s SOP for teams to wait until the deadline is staring them in the face before making important trades. The most significant rental traded this season since Jan. 1 is Jeff Zatkoff. Last year the most significant rental traded from Jan. 1 to Feb. 15 was Tommy Wingels. Injuries are a fact of life and are dealt with when they occur, sometimes to the benefit of a team looking to trade a player. St. Louis got its best offer for Shattenkirk from Washington, which didn’t seriously consider acquiring him until Niskanen got hurt about a week before the TDL.

Reactions: TheMule93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->