Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Should be

1st DET ~#5 overall
2nd DET ~#35 overall
2nd NYI ~#40 overall

Another 1st for Nyquist would be nice.

Another first for Nyquist would be 2 really good drafts in a row and one that would likely have this rebuild looking very good in 3 years. But even adding another second or two would be pretty good.

I could see Daley getting a second potentially (or more depending on the dman market), Vanek a 3 or 4 or a decent prospect and Nyquist getting a first if he has a good start. Making two of those 3 trades would make for another really good draft this year. That also leaves wild cards like Athanasiou, Howard, Glendening and Helm who have all had a bit of trade buzz last season to potentially bring in a few picks as well

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Another first for Nyquist would be 2 really good drafts in a row and one that would likely have this rebuild looking very good in 3 years. But even adding another second or two would be pretty good.

I could see Daley getting a second potentially (or more depending on the dman market), Vanek a 3 or 4 or a decent prospect and Nyquist getting a first if he has a good start. Making two of those 3 trades would make for another really good draft this year. That also leaves wild cards like Athanasiou, Howard, Glendening and Helm who have all had a bit of trade buzz last season to potentially bring in a few picks as well

-Nyquist- late 1st depending on his season, if not 2nd & 3rd/4th
-Vanek-if he waives NTC, which he stated he didn't wanna do, but probably will for a SC contender...3rd/b-prospect
-Daley/Big E-both need to go, but probably Daley will be gone...3rd

-AA-please trade him & pick for top 4 Dman, he's not mature enough to play D as a cherry picking winger, now he's gonna change & play D as a #3c, hope I'm wrong.
-LGD-3rd, maybe 2nd to Leafs
-Howard-KH needs to dump him while he has any value & not resign him. Plenty of mediocre-decent goalies in UFA every year. 4th

Abby & Helm...also overpriced & too much term, diminishing roles...? picks

The only excess left are DDK, Nielsen...both overpriced & too much term but still play an important role.

We could net a solid #2/#3 for AA + prospect + several picks (i.e. 2nd,3rd & 4th) from just this years TDL haul alone.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lindstrom on Frolunda's top Pairing for the opener that is going on right now

DnJMeKgW0AUsh3C.jpg:large

Happy he is going to have a bigger role, the team twitter applauded this as a big hit though I don't speak Swedish it was one of the updates along with goal updates on their team twitter. I think this is an element of most of the guys we have drafted lately though, Cholo, Hronek, Lindstrom, Kontkansalo and McIsaac all actually have some jam to their game which I like. They are good skaters but sometimes they flat close the door on a guy if he isn't being smart and I think that keeps teams honest and helps you control the flow of the game.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Happy he is going to have a bigger role, the team twitter applauded this as a big hit though I don't speak Swedish it was one of the updates along with goal updates on their team twitter. I think this is an element of most of the guys we have drafted lately though, Cholo, Hronek, Lindstrom, Kontkansalo and McIsaac all actually have some jam to their game which I like. They are good skaters but sometimes they flat close the door on a guy if he isn't being smart and I think that keeps teams honest and helps you control the flow of the game.
I watched some of the game and yeah Lindström has definitely upped his physicality some more. It might have to do with him being the more defensive guy on that pair, but he was constantly punishing guys in front of their net and laying out hits.

Berggren is playing their season opener right now, 3rd line for Skellefteå. Brattström was the backup for Niklas Svedberg earlier today but they lost 4-1 so maybe he'll get the next start. Jesper Eliasson opened his SuperElit season with a 6-3 win, 17/20 saves.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
As a Saginaw fan (and Detroit fan) who couldn't make it up to Travese City, I just wanted to know how Webb and Gilmour are doing?

I know they aren't top prospects and they may not be signed, but I was just wondering how they are doing. Thanks anyone with info.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
DnJMeKgW0AUsh3C.jpg:large

Even Saarijarvi was very physical in the prospects tournament and of course Hicketts is a little jar of jam.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As a Saginaw fan (and Detroit fan) who couldn't make it up to Travese City, I just wanted to know how Webb and Gilmour are doing?

I know they aren't top prospects and they may not be signed, but I was just wondering how they are doing. Thanks anyone with info.

The whole tournament Zach Gallant and Brady Gilmour were somehow set to "battle" against each other as very same kind of role players. Both played LW and Center for 2 games each. Gilmour started better but disappeared totally on the final game. Gallant's tournament went upwards. He had his best game on the last.

Webb was somewhat steady. Don't remember much of mistakes from him. Played on the 3rd pair with low minutes.

If you are interested my scoring chance data:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/prospect-tournament-roster-released.2526671/page-3

DET-MIN
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...nesota-slightly-wooded-suburbs.2537569/page-5

DET-DAL
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...winglets-vs-dallas-dwarf-stars.2537985/page-3

DET-NYR
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spired-by-the-new-york-rangers.2538665/page-4

DET-CBJ
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spired-by-the-new-york-rangers.2538665/page-9

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Thanks for the info!

I would expect Gallant to be a signed prospect soon as he was a third round pick.

Gilmour and Webb were both 7th rounders and they always are a gamble.

Still would love to see them signed before the deadline in June. I believe they both could hqve AHL careers.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
  • 2018-09-14 at Lukko - Ässät, Liiga by Asko Huuki
    Kivenmäki made his pro league debut against Lukko as a winger and he gave a positive impression. He got around 14 minutes of ice time and he played in the second power play unit. Couple of times he seemed bit nervous but for the most part, his play looked ready for the pro game.
    The young forward was occasionally bit insecure with the puck but his great puck-handling abilities were still easily noticeable. He made couple of pretty good dekes and gave many really good passes during the game. His read of play was excellent and he played effective checking game in the offensive and neutral zone. Also while Kivenmäki is a small player, he did not shy away from board battles and he went into tight spaces.
    Kivenmäki could react quicker when he gets the puck and he also kept the puck for too long couple of times. Kivenmäki helps the defense really well if defender joins the offense, but his defensive game still needs some improvement. He still thinks offense too much in the defensive zone. However, the forward has undeniable offensive talent and his skating looked above average in terms of agility and speed already at this level.
  • Nice report on Otto after his debut. The thing I like the most from that report is that he is getting better defensively although he still needs a lot of improvement on that end.

Reactions: A Few Good Males

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Lindstrom on Frolunda's top pair once again today

Berggren also playing today... 2nd Line LW

both games start at 1 PM EST.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Setkov had a goal and assist in U20 yesterday, first game of the season for him. We'll see if he's with the senior team tonight in their opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad