Detroit Red Wings prospects face bumps in transition

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
tyler_bertuzzi_anthony_mantha_ryan_sproul_detroit_100315.jpg
Photo: Detroit Red Wings prospects Tyler Bertuzzi, Anthony Mantha, and Ryan Sproul have more to prove at the AHL level before taking on a role with the franchise (courtesy of Dan Hamilton/Icon Sportswire)

</p>In the past, the Detroit Red Wings found long-term success in partial thanks to a scouting department that unearthed gems like Sergei Fedorov, Nicklas Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk past the draft’s first round. That trend has continued in recent years. Tomas Tatar, a second-round pick in 2009, burst onto the scene in 2014-15 with a 29-goal season while Gustav Nyquist, a fourth-round pick in 2008, posted consecutive seasons of 28 and 27 goals.… read more

The post Detroit Red Wings prospects face bumps in transition appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
It's hard to take these seriously when they make such basic errors that a 30 second check would have corrected. Ferraro a centre but Athanasiou's a winger? Sproul is our top D prospect? Pulkkinen 'may' have a chance at a full-time roster spot?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I got a chuckle from Ouellet being an excellent skater and not as bad defensively as most think and that he is not far off from Sproul.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Pretty mediocre job tbh.

Whatever happened to if your not going to do it right than don't do it at all? This article can't even get positions correct.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Svechnikov listed as RW still on Cape Breton Site. But they have 3 top scorers (clearly the first line of: LW LW RW)... strange no center.

Of course we all know svechnikov has been "learning" the C position. So i watched some highlights of the last game. yup he is at center... But I can see how these mistakes are made. The article writer actually has not spent alot of time looking at more than OLD or NEW write ups on the players involved.

So it actually leaves alot of informations NOT said.

1) Sproul... has all the tools in the world. At this point I consider him a Bust. The mere fact that he is listed as top prospect is a joke, as hes been cut from training camp BEFORE lashoff each year... and lashoff gets cut before XO / Marchenko / Jensen... who are clearly the top 3 for NHL readiness.

2) Jensen mentioned at the end means almost no reading up on him. Saying he is "safe" as the main point. The main key to Jensen is "SPEED" fastest D man we have likely. I feel like WHEN (IF EVER) he gets a few NHL games in, I hope he kills it! Last 2 training camps he looked great to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad