Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What I legitimately don't understand is how a guy like Rasmussen or Holmstrom even can have such great hand-eye when tipping pucks, and yet somehow not translate that into great puckhandling skill. Like do they have good vertical hand-eye but not good horizontal hand-eye or something?

I don’t really think the two are linked that much. Just different skill sets (IMO). Rasmussen is pretty coordinated, especially for a guy his size with long ass limbs. At his size he’s probably been able to drive the net effectively at every level by just using his reach and body and controlling the puck from defenders. Small guys can’t do that and need to be evasive and beat you by making you miss.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
7 points in 2 playoff games is pretty good.
Especially considering they were on the road. Not some massive favorite matchup.

Speaking of CHL playoffs I didn't know Igor Larionov had a time machine.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Great to see. Super intrigued by what will come of Ras.

Was there some comparison for Jamie Benn at some point?

Highlights for Cholowski’s game. His wrap around goal at 1:41 was really nice

I love to see those things Cholowski does. Kind of goes "crazy" and tries some game-breaking things. Highest guy finishing an offence and wrap-around. :D It's not the only time he has done that.

He will be entertaning player.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cholo: game winning power play goal
Ras: goal + two primary assists

Was going to post this.

Strong start to the playoffs for both players for sure. Rasmussen was second star. Pretty sure thats 10 points in 3 playoff games for him now

Edited for shit numbers

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
3 games played

10 points

I was on his page on WHL.com and it says 3 GP, 9 points so I just added the points to that from tonight. Hockey DB says 2 games, 7 points so I wasnt sure what the issue was. Maybe his stat page hadnt added one point for tonight, either way youre correct.

3 games 10 points 5 of which are goals

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Saginaw (Gilmour, Webb) eliminated by Sambrook's SSM last night (4-0).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think Rasmussen having 10 points thru 3 games is as crazy as Dube having 0. Keep it up big Mike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad