Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
This is a few days old, but Filip Larsson had a tremendous weekend in the USHL, getting his first playing time since a one-game appearance for Sweden at the WJC. I’m not sure if the time off was related to injury or illness but he had three good games in three days. On Friday, he stopped 23 of 24 shots in a 2-0 loss, the only goal against being on a 5-on-3 PP. On Saturday, he had a 22-save shutout in a 2-0 Tri-City win. On Sunday, in a first-place showdown game on the road against Omaha, he stopped 37 of 39 shots and all six shootout attempts in a 3-2 victory.

For the season, Larsson leads the USHL in GAA (1.38), Save Pct (.949) and shutouts (6). It’s a low-scoring league but only one other goaltender has a GAA below 2.00. The quality of goaltending in the league is quite good. There are a total of seven goaltenders on the 17 teams who have already been drafted and three more ranked in Central Scouting’s top 10 of North American goaltenders.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yea 5-0 with 11 left in the 2nd, Not sure how it will play out, but what a rout.

That 1+1 is not finite

newfy, you can't call a win and point totals at the 30 min mark :laugh:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yea 5-0 with 11 left in the 2nd, Not sure how it will play out, but what a rout.

That 1+1 is not finite

newfy, you can't call a win and point totals at the 30 min mark :laugh:

Lol.. I even shorted him a point

No idea what I was doing there, maybe I saw final on another game sheet or something? :help:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It seems our Swedish guys in the WJC have been pretty awesome for their since their return. How have our other guys been doing?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This is a few days old, but Filip Larsson had a tremendous weekend in the USHL, getting his first playing time since a one-game appearance for Sweden at the WJC. I’m not sure if the time off was related to injury or illness but he had three good games in three days. On Friday, he stopped 23 of 24 shots in a 2-0 loss, the only goal against being on a 5-on-3 PP. On Saturday, he had a 22-save shutout in a 2-0 Tri-City win. On Sunday, in a first-place showdown game on the road against Omaha, he stopped 37 of 39 shots and all six shootout attempts in a 3-2 victory.

For the season, Larsson leads the USHL in GAA (1.38), Save Pct (.949) and shutouts (6). It’s a low-scoring league but only one other goaltender has a GAA below 2.00. The quality of goaltending in the league is quite good. There are a total of seven goaltenders on the 17 teams who have already been drafted and three more ranked in Central Scouting’s top 10 of North American goaltenders.

Where is Larsson playing next year the NCAA?

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for all of your posts ChadS.
Pope has really improved over the last 2 yrs. He's big and can score. I hope the wings sign him and he goes to GRG's. They could use another forward next year

Reactions: ChadS

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Vilardi at 22

2.0ppg since returning from the injury that forced him to miss all summer and the first couple months of the season. /sigh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad