Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I am curious if he has made any changes since his Mikhail Grigorenko love fest to sort of temper this. I haven't noticed him being as boisterous of a struggling prospect since that.

Four of the top 5 are Euros
5'10 Kaprizov is ranked 7th.
He's still got his mold.

IMO - it hurts his credibility.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rasmussen returned to game action with 1g+2a.

Looks like his wrist was a problem only on faceoffs (5/15), usually he wins 2/3 of faceoffs.

Cholowski is on an 8-game point streak.

This is very interesting. Last 15 games, on 14 he has scored points. Portland debut was the only one with 0+0.

Cho-lo hasn't scored a goal for Portland yet, but is 0+10 in 9 games. Love his consistency. He is on the stat sheet every night. I take this one-point-producer any day before a guy who puts 5 points on the table on a 7-6 blowout and then disappears totally for next 4 games. Same average, but this one-point-guy had an impact every night. He seems to have a pro-mentality already.

Portland isn't anyhow high-scoring team, since Cholowski joined, and so Cholowski's relative scoring vs. Team scoring is pretty good on the games he has played. Hronek did same kind of season at last season in OHL.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Rasmussen returned to game action with 1g+2a.
Cholowski is on an 8-game point streak.
Rasmussen 25 points last 15 games (13+12)
Cholowski with points in 14 of his last 15 games (5+17)

And because I know people like to compare to Vilardi, last 11GP for both:

Vilardi - 7+14 = 21
Rasmussen- 10+9=19

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Vilardi is coming off of a big injury that sidelined him until recently, its very impressive that in his first 11 games back hes almost 2ppg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Rasmussen’s been fighting injuries too.

yeah but hes been playing on and off since the start of the season. Vilardi's been out since the summer unable to train and whatnot. He missed rookie camp and the King's training camp. Big difference IMO.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
yeah but hes been playing on and off since the start of the season. Vilardi's been out since the summer unable to train and whatnot. He missed rookie camp and the King's training camp. Big difference IMO.

No difference imo. Both have struggled with injuries, pretty much even.

Reactions: newfy

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
David Pope is tied for 4th most points in college hockey... did not know this.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
And what is the difference, if every team is offering the same?

You get to choose the organization that best fits you.
Maybe you pick a team that doesn't have many offensive prospects.
Maybe you pick a team near where you grew up, or your favorite team.
Maybe you pick a team that gives you some kind of assurance that matters to you.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You get to choose the organization that best fits you.
Maybe you pick a team that doesn't have many offensive prospects.
Maybe you pick a team near where you grew up, or your favorite team.
Maybe you pick a team that gives you some kind of assurance that matters to you.

Not many offensive prospects - Detroit.
Former Training camp players and organizational connections as good friends can matter for him - Detroit.
He is Canadian, maybe he likes to go there. Edmonton, Western teams. But lover taxes are at Detroit.

Most probable organization he will sign, is proably - Detroit.

"Detroit has been my favorite team for about 10 years," Pope told Winging It in Motown over the phone, "so the fact that they were the ones that drafted me just made it that much more special."

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Not many offensive prospects - Detroit.
Former Training camp players and organizational connections as good friends can matter for him - Detroit.
He is Canadian, maybe he likes to go there. Edmonton, Western teams. But lover taxes are at Detroit.

Most probable organization he will sign, is proably - Detroit.

Wingers 23 and under in the Detroit organization:
Athanasiou
Mantha
Bertuzzi
Svechnikov
Smith
Pearson
Holmstrom
Ehn
(Pearson, Holmstrom and Ehn are sometimes listed as Cs but I'm not exactly sure where they play)

If there's one place the Wings don't need prospects, it's on the wing.

I think the fact that Pope wasn't signed last year is probably a sign the Wings weren't even interested.

Red Wings Prospect David Pope Thriving in Fourth Year in NCAA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad