Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Talk 2018-19: The Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Couple things about this. Wings musta made this decision and I guess they thought getting a season+mem cup run of experience was more important than getting him back right away to start camp next year. I dont disagree because McIsaac seems like a kid who doesnt need a big off season program, hes already big and strong.

With this what does it mean for McIsaac next year? Can he stay with Detroit, practice and rehab, play 9 games then go back to junior if the wings decide? Or will they send him back to Halifax right away come camp time?

Either way, playing hurt that long and still having the season he did is pretty impressive, what would it have been if he was healthy?

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Couple things about this. Wings musta made this decision and I guess they thought getting a season+mem cup run of experience was more important than getting him back right away to start camp next year. I dont disagree because McIsaac seems like a kid who doesnt need a big off season program, hes already big and strong.

With this what does it mean for McIsaac next year? Can he stay with Detroit, practice and rehab, play 9 games then go back to junior if the wings decide? Or will they send him back to Halifax right away come camp time?

Either way, playing hurt that long and still having the season he did is pretty impressive, what would it have been if he was healthy?
He turned it on towards the end of the season too.

Won’t he be eligible for a conditioning stint in the ahl like Rasmussen or would those games count against the 9 he gets before a year of his entry level is burned

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
He turned it on towards the end of the season too.

Won’t he be eligible for a conditioning stint in the ahl like Rasmussen or would those games count against the 9 he gets before a year of his entry level is burned

The 9 games only count if they're played in the NHL. If I recall correctly he could be sent down to the AHL for a maximum of 2 weeks while he's completing the conditioning stint. Once that's completed they'll need to decide whether he's sent back to the CHL or stay in the NHL.

Given his time table for a return appears to be November or December I'd say it's likely he gets sent down to the CHL after the WJC. If he comes back near the end of November the Wings could let him play his 2 weeks in the AHL, should he be ready for the level, then keep him on the NHL roster to ensure he's fine while also letting him play a game or 2, and then send him to the WJC.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
The 9 games only count if they're played in the NHL. If I recall correctly he could be sent down to the AHL for a maximum of 2 weeks while he's completing the conditioning stint. Once that's completed they'll need to decide whether he's sent back to the CHL or stay in the NHL.

Yea, Comtois did this just last fall.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I see Peyton Krebs who would have been taken somewhere in the middle of the 1st round of draft tore his achilles in off season training.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Off topic for you long time Red Wing fans it will three years tomorrow June 10th that the greatest Red Wing of all time passed away. Gordie Howe. God I miss him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Well seeing what Trouba went for I ****ing hope Lindstrom, McIsaac, Regula, Cholo, and Hronek keep right on developing. We need them to work if we aren't going to even pony up a little bit for a legit good player.

Reactions: The Zermanator

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Well seeing what Trouba went for I ****ing hope Lindstrom, McIsaac, Regula, Cholo, and Hronek keep right on developing. We need them to work if we aren't going to even pony up a little bit for a legit good player.
The Red Wings would most likely not have been a serious contender with Trouba next season. Thus I appreciate that they did not give up their second-round pick and more for this time span.

Gruß,
BSHH

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
The Red Wings would most likely not have been a serious contender with Trouba next season. Thus I appreciate that they did not give up their second-round pick and more for this time span.

Gruß,
BSHH

Eh. Basically, I don't think they would have either... but I'd have been alright with them using 2nds and other non-premium assets (so excluding Larkin, Hronek) to get a guaranteed good player as opposed to a lot of chances at a good player.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Cholowski might not be much of a prospect anymore, but couldn't really find anywhere worth posting this... Anyways here's another video by awood40 on YouTube (definitely worth subscribing to if you're a Red Wings fan). I believe he's going to be so good for us in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad