Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings 2021 Summer Prospect #1

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #1 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That didn't work either, because there could be situations like 20-year-old Rasmussen, with 61 NHL games, playing whole season in AHL, and not determined as prospect at all.

I wasn't running it at that point. If they aren't in the NHL I can see a case. But Zadina isn't a prospect for instance. Or the Rangers fans running around trying to include last year's #1 overall pick as a prospect by HF standards.

Really the guy's here in question are what Lindstrom and Smith? I probably am not putting any guy over the players we are talking about based on potential. I don't think either guy is an established NHL guy though I expect both on the roster this year.

I think people have been upset regardless. There hasn't been a hard and fast rule. I don't think there is going to be one. You can talk about polls but I literally started this thread with a we are going to wait and have several lock it up let's move on comments you included.

If anybody wants Lindstrom and Smith great, those guys have time to be nominated and put up, none of them are threatening an actual vote for a bit. I think both are still prospects because if Yzerman doesn't like what he sees in preseason he can option then down or waive them. I would be sort of stunned especially with protection of Lindstrom but they aren't established yet in my eyes.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I mean he has played ZERO NHL games. I am not sure why He shouldn't be a prospect.

Also we should have some kind of definition for what counts as a prospect now before we get too deep into this fun series of posts.

Zadina has 86 GP, and played in the NHL all year last year. I am pretty sure he doesn't count as a prospect.
Rasmussen has 102GP, and played in the NHL all year last year. I am pretty sure he doesn't count as a prospect.
How about:
Gustav Lindstrom?: 29GP total, only 13 last year - I still count Lindstrom as a Prospect myself, Do you guys?
Joe Veleno?: 5GP total last year - I would say he's still a prospect.
Giovani Smith?: 37GP total but he still only played 16 games last year. Is he a prospect??

Do we do an AGE cut off? GP?

Under this debatable system, my ADD is Gustav Lindstrom or Giovani Smith.

personally for me a player needs to be both calder eligible and waiver exempt to be a prospect

so that would rule out Lindstrom and Smith but not Veleno

In the past I have used Calder eligibility when doing this. HF's old rules allow for too many games in my opinion.

here's an interesting question

is Nedeljkovic a prospect? he's technically still eligible for the Calder unless there's some obscure rule I can't find about not being able to get votes for it in more than one year or the games played threshold being different this year because the season was shorter (although he isn't waiver exempt so runs foul of my other condition personally speaking)

Reactions: Kingpin794

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
personally for me a player needs to be both calder eligible and waiver exempt to be a prospect

so that would rule out Lindstrom and Smith but not Veleno

This seems like the obvious, easy answer for doing these votes. If someone is a reallylate bloomer signed in college, age wont disqualify them because they have some waiver exemption.

This might matter more when a team is good, but guys like Lindstrom and Smith would be fairly low in Detroits rankings now anyways and its pretty obvious theyre both NHLers now. Theyve played a good chunk of last season, were protected and will be up with the team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->