Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings 2021 Summer Prospect #1

Who do you think is the Detroit Red Wings #1 Overall Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It has been a while since I started this. But I feel it is that time of the summer. Let's go ahead and get a the board polls on our prospects going.

For the purposes of this poll The Hockey Writers Top 10 was used just to create the opening 10 names, not totally in lock step with it myself, but I needed a list of ten to start.

As always vote, discuss (constructively) and offer the prospect you would like to see added next if you have one.

Now this time I have added the wrinkle that always comes up, you can change your vote when you realize you're voting for a guy with no prayer of winning once you see how everyone else is voting. Maybe that will spice this up and keep it going more than in years past. Also for the rare few you might be able to argue someone over in a tight contest.

Will leave the polling open for three days. Also since it always seems to come up, I am not interested in rushing through this. Yes there will be times where this poll will get out of hand early, let's give everyone a chance to discuss if they choose to. This thing should take us to training camp if we move on the three day pace.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Let’s just skip to 2, everyone knows Seider wins this with 90% minimum

Will leave the polling open for three days. Also since it always seems to come up, I am not interested in rushing through this. Yes there will be times where this poll will get out of hand early, let's give everyone a chance to discuss if they choose to. This thing should take us to training camp if we move on the three day pace.

What's the hurry?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

What's the hurry?
My bad. Truthfully I’m inebriated and didn’t mean it as a disrespect to your effort. I get that you’re a volunteer

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My bad. Truthfully I’m inebriated and didn’t mean it as a disrespect to your effort. I get that you’re a volunteer

Sorry I was kind of blunt as well with that response. I just would like to use this to get through some of the dog days of the summer and not have the same arguments we are seeing in the other threads. Talk about our actual prospects which for the most part we all like, I know there are a few around here you just can't make happy but still this should be one of those positive deals by in large.

Outside of the couple of RFA guys we have left to sign, it seems we know most of what the rest of this off-season is, so if we could draw it out I think that would be nice. If Seider is winning in a landslide we can talk about why.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I also had Raymond at first at this point last year(switching to Seider in the midseason one)

tough to justify anyone over Seider at this point, he's about as proven as a prospect can be without hitting the NHL and it's not like he doesn't have upside as well

Reactions: David D

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Eeny, meeny, miney....Mo. Sometimes there's guys I like to bump up 3 or four slots ahead of where everyone else has them, but that has no chance of happening with this choice.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I also had Raymond at first at this point last year(switching to Seider in the midseason one), tough to justify anyone over Seider here at this point

Seider gave me very little reason to doubt he is a #1 franchise D-man. We will see where the offense goes, I think it will come up as he is just such a smart hockey player and his game seems to get better and grow seemingly each time out. He is elite physically. I was with Raymond on the potential for a big time scoring forward, I still believe in that potential. But where I think Mo is now I just cannot vote for anybody else. Mo Seider is the best player in the world not to have played in NHL in my opinion if you exclude Wright...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Seider gave me very little reason to doubt he is a #1 franchise D-man. We will see where the offense goes, I think it will come up as he is just such a smart hockey player and his game seems to get better and grow seemingly each time out. He is elite physically. I was with Raymond on the potential for a big time scoring forward, I still believe in that potential. But where I think Mo is now I just cannot vote for anybody else. Mo Seider is the best player in the world not to have played in NHL in my opinion if you exclude Wright...

honestly it wasn't really that hard a choice to pick Raymond at 1 in this last year for me, i'm more of an upside guy in general in these and stuff like having a higher floor doesn't really move me a ton

I still like Raymond and he'll probably be my #2 but I believe a lot more in Seider's ceiling than I did a year ago, and while floor doesn't really move the needle for me as a general rule barring injury I kinda view him as a good 2nd pairing guy bare minimum at this point which is a high enough floor that that's also starting to move me a bit

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm in Seider Town.

C4c6KIxxg7MbYHHgRHUxHzU8kI1bOes1N2ZC0KVx-_8.jpg

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Don't know that you can make a case for anyone other than Seider at this point. He's played in 3 different leagues the last 3 seasons and he's dominated in all of them. Next up is the NHL. I think he'll be a legitimate top pair dman by his 2nd season, maybe even by the end of his first.

I think the next one will be a tougher decision, Raymond vs Berggren. Raymond's got the pedigree and is younger but didn't necessarily explode in the SHL last season. Berggren is a bit older and a later draft pick but he's had a very promising year. Maybe Holland left a gem as a parting gift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad