10.) Ryan Sproul - RD - 23: 6'4" 206lbs - Mississauga, ON, CAN 27.14%
11.) Axel Holmström C/W - 20: 6'1" 198lbs - Arvidsjaur, SWE 26.32%
12.) Givani Smith LW/RW - 18: 6'2" 204lbs - Thornhill, ON, CAN 54.55%
13.)Filip Hronek RD - 18: 6'0" 163lbs - Hradec Kralove, CZE 36.84%
14.) Jared Coreau G - 24: 6'4" 235lbs - Perth, ON, CAN 27.50%
15.) Joe Hicketts D - 20: 5'8" 175lbs - Kamloops, BC, CAN 30.19%
16.) Dominic Turgeon C - 20: 6'2" 196lbs - Cherry Hills Village, CO, USA 39.13%

Turgeon wins this round, Nosek the add

As always vote, offer an add if you have one and discuss.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Frk, but mostly because I just got the impression we weren't voting on either Nosek or Jensen.... Realistically Nosek is off the board by this point in my opinion.

De Haas and Ehn are the other ones I gave a decent amount of thought to.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Ehn over JDH for me. I think Ehn's continued to shown signs of development and can crack out an NHL future as a speedy bottom six guy. Shot has been pretty lethal too IMO.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Ehn on the big guy who skates well theory. I am not going to vote for Nosek at this point although I expect to see him in the NHL somewhere (maybe even with the big club for a bit with Jurco and Pulks out). I think it is best that we don't treat him and Jensen as prospects at this point.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Still going with Ehn, I have him at #11 but that's kind of bullish. After him would be Pearson & De Haas, both guys I think could have the upside to become solid NHL regulars.

Add JVP. This year could be a breakout year for him with pro experience and a likely starting job at the WJC.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk, but mostly because I just got the impression we weren't voting on either Nosek or Jensen.... Realistically Nosek is off the board by this point in my opinion.

De Haas and Ehn are the other ones I gave a decent amount of thought to.

With injuries to both Jurco and Pulkkinen, isn't Frk a likely option to start as 13th/14th forward. Maybe he could even build on that?

I'm still holding onto hope :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
With injuries to both Jurco and Pulkkinen, isn't Frk a likely option to start as 13th/14th forward. Maybe he could even build on that?

I'm still holding onto hope :)

Your username change really could be put way on the back-burner.

Frk had a great year last year and he plays a heavy game so his breaking into the league on low lines is probably just fine by him.

I think he is a good option there if they want to put him there. It is easier to get him through waivers at the start of the season though. Still Frk a lot like Nestrasil really put it together, it wouldn't surprise me one bit for him to really shine in camp, he is trending that way.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Frk had a great year last year and he plays a heavy game so his breaking into the league on low lines is probably just fine by him.

I think he is a good option there if they want to put him there. It is easier to get him through waivers at the start of the season though. Still Frk a lot like Nestrasil really put it together, it wouldn't surprise me one bit for him to really shine in camp, he is trending that way.

I'd be happy with him making the team, but Nosek will be over him.

IMO, it's hard to see a guy like Frk making the team with the current roster. A "might work" player doesn't seem to get a chance.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd be happy with him making the team, but Nosek will be over him.

IMO, it's hard to see a guy like Frk making the team with the current roster. A "might work" player doesn't seem to get a chance.

Blash is a pretty big fan of Nosek. He wasn't during Frk's rough transition to pro hockey. Though honestly I just think Martin Frk was not in pro-shape for the first part of his career. He just didn't get how much work you needed to put in and it looks like he now understands that. I doubt Blashill recognizes Frk the player he knew these days.

But still Blash really like Nosek and there is a lot to like there. He is a very smart player and good all over. He is good depth and I do expect he will get a look in Detroit once again this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Ha, probably not changing my username regardless at this point :p: Still gets a cheap laugh out of me, and I have met Frk and have his autograph, he was very nice.

Is your boy Tvrdon playing in the KHL this upcoming season? Wonder if he will ever make his way back over.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ha, probably not changing my username regardless at this point :p: Still gets a cheap laugh out of me, and I have met Frk and have his autograph, he was very nice.

Is your boy Tvrdon playing in the KHL this upcoming season? Wonder if he will ever make his way back over.

I don't think Tvrdon will make it back across. He was a good passer actually had a very nice second half a couple years ago. Did not find a fan in Nelson though last year and did go back to Slovan. Not sure if he is there this year as well in terms of the KHL. I do know from streaming a couple of their games that he didn't play much at all last year there though. So maybe he goes to the Czech league and gets more ice time.

I still really like a lot of his game. I don't think his shot got any better though after the draft and he was way too reluctant to use it as a pro. He had a big ceiling but his game never really took the next steps in NA hockey. Hope he makes it in the KHL, but I don't see him coming back. It would be pretty cool if he progresses a little to see him playing alongside Jurco and Tatar on the national team.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Blash is a pretty big fan of Nosek. He wasn't during Frk's rough transition to pro hockey. Though honestly I just think Martin Frk was not in pro-shape for the first part of his career. He just didn't get how much work you needed to put in and it looks like he now understands that. I doubt Blashill recognizes Frk the player he knew these days.

But still Blash really like Nosek and there is a lot to like there. He is a very smart player and good all over. He is good depth and I do expect he will get a look in Detroit once again this year.

Nosek is a coach's player which will open some opportunities for him. I expect him to get a chance somewhere. I thought that the Miller signing may have shut the door on his chances of making the roster out of camp, but it now looks like there is a bit more room.

The one thing I notice about Bab and Blash is how they obsess about down-side risk. As a call-up it is ok if you don't set the world on fire so long as you don't lose it for the team. Most coaches probably see the world in this way but Bab and Blash take it to an extreme.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think Tvrdon will make it back across. He was a good passer actually had a very nice second half a couple years ago. Did not find a fan in Nelson though last year and did go back to Slovan. Not sure if he is there this year as well in terms of the KHL. I do know from streaming a couple of their games that he didn't play much at all last year there though. So maybe he goes to the Czech league and gets more ice time.

I still really like a lot of his game. I don't think his shot got any better though after the draft and he was way too reluctant to use it as a pro. He had a big ceiling but his game never really took the next steps in NA hockey. Hope he makes it in the KHL, but I don't see him coming back. It would be pretty cool if he progresses a little to see him playing alongside Jurco and Tatar on the national team.

Looks like he just signed with Indy (ECHL). Kind of strange unless he has a real chance of playing for Rockford, since being stuck in the ECHL is why he wanted to leave Toledo.

https://www.indyfuelhockey.com/former-detroit-draft-pick-signs-with-fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad