Confirmed with Link: Detroit re-signs Drew Miller 3 years 1.35m per year

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I just don't understand this move. For a roster that has slowly seen its scoring ability dwindle since 2009, I'd expect signing bottom sixers to be the last on Holland's list. I can't get a read on what he wants to do... Does this mean that Tootoo or Abdelkader are on the trade list? Or is he simply not planning on going shopping during FA? Sure, the Bickells and the Hortons are going to get ridiculous payments, but guys like Stalberg and Jagr intrigue me.

For God's sake, why? :shakehead

I don't understand how guys like Franzen take beatings on this board (deservedly so) and yet you want to tie up more money on guys that are the exact same type of player. There is a reason that Stalberg is sitting in the pressbox and Jagr looks old, even on the B's team.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
For God's sake, why? :shakehead

I don't understand how guys like Franzen take beatings on this board (deservedly so) and yet you want to tie up more money on guys that are the exact same type of player. There is a reason that Stalberg is sitting in the pressbox and Jagr looks old, even on the B's team.

Franzen is undeservedly beaten on this board. Jagr has been snakebitten in the playoffs, and had to switch systems mid season. Stalberg? Why wouldn't you want him? Size, speed, a little bit of skill? Perfect third liner for this team.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Dreger: Miller Signs Extension: 3yrs/4.05M

As per Darren Dreger's Twitter:

Drew Miller signs extension with Det. 3 years $4.05M

mottjm7

Jan 30, 2009
Grandville, Michigan
Wings are re-building, they would benefit more if Ferraro already starts playing in the NHL next season, learn the system, the PK etc so he can be productive in the 14/15 season. If he hasn't sniffed the NHL and he starts on the team in 14/15 there will be a lot more issues than if he starts this season.

Yes there will be growing pains and his mistakes would probably lead to a few goals against, but who cares? It's about getting the youngens ready sooner, and in the long run this will be more succesful than letting them rot ("over ripe") in the minors.

:huh:

tell that to Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Howard, and Kronwall.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We will never rebuild. We re-tool from the fly, put kids learn when they play together with veterans.

That's the best way to build long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad