Proposal: Detroit - Pittsburgh

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
it depends I don’t expect an active market. Would you accept less or just keep him? There aren’t as many buyers this year as normal. Playoff spots are pretty much locked for each division. The deadline usually has like 3 to 4 teams out of it. This year you have around 14 who are clear sellers

Less than a 2nd or less than a 3rd?

Once we get into 4th round picks I kinda just look at it as, "What's the point". You can still get good players but it's not very likely. I'd probably do it just because we're obviously not competing and if Luke really wants to come back, he can regardless.

But I think we'll get a third from him at least, if we move him.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Less than a 2nd or less than a 3rd?

Once we get into 4th round picks I kinda just look at it as, "What's the point". You can still get good players but it's not very likely. I'd probably do it just because we're obviously not competing and if Luke really wants to come back, he can regardless.

But I think we'll get a third from him at least, if we move him.

Ya less than that. Is he really worth more than staal who got a 3rd and 5th? He’s not worth more than Laughton if the flyers sell. I just don’t know how many teams will be fighting over him. I see him getting a 4th.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ya less than that. Is he really worth more than staal who got a 3rd and 5th? He’s not worth more than Laughton if the flyers sell. I just don’t know how many teams will be fighting over him. I see him getting a 4th.

Uhh, he's produced the same as Staal, he eats PK time, his FO% is second best only to Patrice Bergeron, and he costs half as much if Detroit opts to retain...

So yes.

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
Glendening at 50% for a 7th is quite the take considering most analysts and even some NHL execs think he's getting a 2nd, lol.

Seems like he wont go for anything less than a 3rd.

There's no way a serious analyst said that Luke Glendening is returning a 2nd and a 3rd seems just as unlikely.

Nate Thompson went straight up for a 5th last year and he cost 800k less against the cap. I cant imagine the price of Glendening being much higher than that.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Uhh, he's produced the same as Staal, he eats PK time, his FO% is second best only to Patrice Bergeron, and he costs half as much if Detroit opts to retain...

So yes.

staal has the same pts in 5 less games. Has a cup experience. (Teams pay for that wether you agree with it or not). the sabres retainrd on staal. so he’s sonly making like 800k less than staal if Detroit retains 50 percent. Staal also like hall has value based on last season. So no I don’t see him getting more.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There's no way a serious analyst said that Luke Glendening is returning a 2nd and a 3rd seems just as unlikely.

Nate Thompson went straight up for a 5th last year and he cost 800k less against the cap. I cant imagine the price of Glendening being much higher than that.

No. An NHL Exec did. :laugh:

Executive Trade Proposal No. 9

Red Wings trade Luke Glendening to Panthers for a second-round pick

I'll leave out the executive rationale, as it's behind a paywall. LeBrun's response was that he thought FLA would want to talk Detroit down to a third. Drance's response was that he liked the proposal.

Perfect NHL trade deadline fits? 9 deals proposed by NHL executives that make sense for both teams

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There's several bidders on Glendening up to 5 or 6 so yeah Luke will get more then a garbage 7th round pick @ 50% retention. For that Yzerman will just keep him and resign him to a one year deal this coming summer.

Glendening at 50% for a 7th is quite the take considering most analysts and even some NHL execs think he's getting a 2nd, lol.

Seems like he wont go for anything less than a 3rd.

If you fallowed completely, it was a player (Jankowski) and that 7th.

If you expect a 2nd/3rd....? Definitely keep him.:thumbu:

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->