Proposal: Detroit - Pittsburgh

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We can still use another center. While McCann and Gaudreau are according themselves nicely we can't conclude they'll keep that up. Besides, McCann has four PP goals out of the five he's scored of late. Still not sold on him being a true long term solution there at center. I'd welcome Glendening because he affords us flexibility in that regard. Great on faceoffs.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Mark Jankowski has not been a minus player for 16 games. He is instead +8 over that perid. He also has 5 points in his last three, two of which were blow-out losses.

Its time to step away from the ledge on this one. Pens fans first and foremost. There is zero reason paying anything to improve on the Pens 4C (unless it is a steal) when adding 1 middle six winger gives us Crosby, Malkin, McCann and Blueger down the middle, with Gaudreau and Janks as cover.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Mark Jankowski has not been a minus player for 16 games. He is instead +8 over that perid. He also has 5 points in his last three, two of which were blow-out losses.

Its time to step away from the ledge on this one. Pens fans first and foremost. There is zero reason paying anything to improve on the Pens 4C (unless it is a steal) when adding 1 middle six winger gives us Crosby, Malkin, McCann and Blueger down the middle, with Gaudreau and Janks as cover.
That's the issue McCann can't play C especially 3 C. Although he has filled in well for malkin he struggled last season in that role until he was benched in the playoffs. I see McCann Kapanen and malkin as the 2nd line. Still think they will add a C here before the deadline

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
We can still use another center. While McCann and Gaudreau are according themselves nicely we can't conclude they'll keep that up. Besides, McCann has four PP goals out of the five he's scored of late. Still not sold on him being a true long term solution there at center. I'd welcome Glendening because he affords us flexibility in that regard. Great on faceoffs.
Yeah the power play that has looked better with him on it than any time in the last 2 and a half seasons that scored 2 goals tonight and that he factored in on both...which was the margin of victory.

The lack of respect McCann gets in not acknowledging that Sullivan has mismanaged and actually hindered his progress is astounding. I mean most people don't realize that this awesome season he's having and the points he's scored are even more impressive when you consider that out of the Pens forwards Jared McCann is TWELFTH in ice time. Yeah journeyman Evan Rodrigues and a waiver wire guy who last played in the NHL 2 years ago get more ice time than McCann.

Or that McCann is 6th...SIXTH.......in the entire NHL in goals per 60.

Or that he's 25th in the entire league in points per 60.

We don't need to give up assets for another center more than we need aour coach to actually practice what he preaches and put the lineup which gives us the best chance to win every night rather than placating his favorites.

Reactions: The Old Master

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
That's the issue McCann can't play C especially 3 C. Although he has filled in well for malkin he struggled last season in that role until he was benched in the playoffs. I see McCann Kapanen and malkin as the 2nd line. Still think they will add a C here before the deadline

See above...couldn't disagree more and that isn't even how it went down nor was he the one who should have been benched.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com

Played great for the first 3 games and that line was the only one who could say that...then Sullivan cuts his ice time in half and broke up that line for no fault of their own...Jankowski's done fine when given more than 6 minutes
I don't get why nobody factors in ice time in their evaluations as it's a critical factor

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Played great for the first 3 games and that line was the only one who could say that...then Sullivan cuts his ice time in half and broke up that line for no fault of their own...Jankowski's done fine when given more than 6 minutes
I don't get why nobody factors in ice time in their evaluations as it's a critical factor

He is hopelessly uninspiring to watch and after that start he was getting caved in and outscored, so I get it.
But he has turned things around - and especially regarding outcomes. Something I am ultimately more interested in than aestetics.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Oh, no need for Ryan...

Jankowski + Pens 7th 2021

for

Glendening at 50% with what's left of the season (29 days) that's .326 - 50% = .163 <---- At least I think I'm correct?

If you want some other guy that's a possibility.
Jankowski has little to no value for us, And sorry Glendening @ 50% retention is worth far more then Pittsburgh's 2021 7th round pick.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah the power play that has looked better with him on it than any time in the last 2 and a half seasons that scored 2 goals tonight and that he factored in on both...which was the margin of victory.

The lack of respect McCann gets in not acknowledging that Sullivan has mismanaged and actually hindered his progress is astounding. I mean most people don't realize that this awesome season he's having and the points he's scored are even more impressive when you consider that out of the Pens forwards Jared McCann is TWELFTH in ice time. Yeah journeyman Evan Rodrigues and a waiver wire guy who last played in the NHL 2 years ago get more ice time than McCann.

Or that McCann is 6th...SIXTH.......in the entire NHL in goals per 60.

Or that he's 25th in the entire league in points per 60.

We don't need to give up assets for another center more than we need aour coach to actually practice what he preaches and put the lineup which gives us the best chance to win every night rather than placating his favorites.
It's not a lack of respect for McCann but producing largely on the PP doesn't mean he'd be good as a long term fixture at center. Surely you can see the difference there. The vast Majority of his goals this season have either been scored on the PP or when he played wing. Those are facts. He's having a very nice season, no question. But it has very little to do with the fact he's currently playing in the middle at ES.

Reactions: Tender Rip

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It's not a lack of respect for McCann but producing largely on the PP doesn't mean he'd be good as a long term fixture at center. Surely you can see the difference there. The vast Majority of his goals this season have either been scored on the PP or when he played wing. Those are facts. He's having a very nice season, no question. But it has very little to do with the fact he's currrently playing in the middle at ES.
has he played center with geno (or similar player) on his wing? because when he has played wing he had geno for a center. apples to apples

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
has he played center with geno (or similar player) on his wing? because when he has played wing he had geno for a center. apples to apples
Before Geno got injured McCann was doing well there. I believe eight of his 11 goals were produced at wing or on the PP. He's not particularly good on faceoffs either.

Reactions: The Old Master

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jankowski has little to no value for us, And sorry Glendening @ 50% retention is worth far more then Pittsburgh's 2021 7th round pick.
As I said, I get if you want another player, and it's not a ton to retain with like 25 games left at the TDL. So I might take it to a 6th, but it shouldn't be necessary.

The bold really isn't worth far more. Buyers market. Maybe in less stressful times he's getting a 3rd and some c-level prospect. A 2nd in a bidding war. But I don't really see too many GM's calling...for a one dimensional player who provides almost nothing offensively.

If it were not for him being good in the dot/PK he's probably not even in the league.

Anything more, why bother.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
As I said, I get if you want another player, and it's not a ton to retain with like 25 games left at the TDL. So I might take it to a 6th, but it shouldn't be necessary.

The bold really isn't worth far more. Buyers market. Maybe in less stressful times he's getting a 3rd and some c-level prospect. A 2nd in a bidding war. But I don't really see too many GM's calling...for a one dimensional player who provides almost nothing offensively.

If it were not for him being good in the dot/PK he's probably not even in the league.

Anything more, why bother.
There's several bidders on Glendening up to 5 or 6 so yeah Luke will get more then a garbage 7th round pick @ 50% retention. For that Yzerman will just keep him and resign him to a one year deal this coming summer.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Glendening at 50% for a 7th is quite the take considering most analysts and even some NHL execs think he's getting a 2nd, lol.

Seems like he wont go for anything less than a 3rd.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
See above...couldn't disagree more and that isn't even how it went down nor was he the one who should have been benched.
McCann was God awful against the habs last year. He has never looked completely comfortable at C at all. This is facts... his coaches benched him for obvious reasons. He has looked much been at wing but also struggled at that as well. Now give him credit the latest couple weeks has been his best as a penguin. He has looked more comfortable in a 2c role obviously playing more mins and increased PP time but when malkin comes back and he will McCann goes to wing or 3 c and that role will have wingers like tanev Lafferty ZAR etc..now most would argue bleuger is better for 3C and he probably is so does that mean McCann goes to 4c ? NO of course not but starting him at 3c is an obvious mistake come playoff time

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Glendening at 50% for a 7th is quite the take considering most analysts and even some NHL execs think he's getting a 2nd, lol.

Seems like he wont go for anything less than a 3rd.

it depends I don’t expect an active market. Would you accept less or just keep him? There aren’t as many buyers this year as normal. Playoff spots are pretty much locked for each division. The deadline usually has like 3 to 4 teams out of it. This year you have around 14 who are clear sellers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad