GDT: Detroit @ Ottawa | 11/15/2018 | 7:30PM eastern standard time

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Praying for the day where I don’t want my favorite team to lose. I despise cheering for a loss even though I know that’s what’s best. Feels gross.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
He is third on our team in assists.

The Nielsen hunting around here is starting to get a little absurd.
Third in assists is not good on a terrible team like the wings it’s pretty standard for a forward playing that many minutes. Made that comment because he had the puck in the slot with 5 seconds left and passed it away to the point to end the game. That’s the look they wanted

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Third in assists is not good on a terrible team like the wings it’s pretty standard for a forward playing that many minutes. Made that comment because he had the puck in the slot with 5 seconds left and passed it away to the point to end the game. That’s the look they wanted

You had the ice level look at his lane bodies everywhere, get it to Kronwall to get a shot on goal to rebound where the scramble is probably what he was thinking. It didn't work out.

Saying he isn't out there to make plays and is just treading water when he is third on the team in assists is not something I agree with. But hey we don't have to agree. I get it, he is fully entering whipping boy status where his game isn't evaluated rationally at times around here in my opinion. We shall see. He isn't playing like a fourth liner and he isn't ruining everything at all times. I want him to play a little better, but I just am not seeing the level of bad a lot of others are. He has had a few clunkers but most of the guys have. Tough giveaway on the first goal tonight as well, but he is just better than I think people are saying is all I am driving at.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You don't cheer for a loss. What you cheer for is effort, even if the result is a loss.

Cheer for Larkin, Mantha, Rasmussen, Cholowski, Bertuzzi to score and the wings to lose every game 6-5 with older dmen going -5 and cholowski being a plus 5. Young guys do well, team still loses.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
You don't cheer for a loss. What you cheer for is effort, even if the result is a loss.

I worded that poorly, whenever I watch I want Detroit to win. Never cheer for a loss, even though that’s what needs to happen. One of the very few things that the NFL gets right, worst team gets the first pick.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Never cheer for a loss, even though that’s what needs to happen.

Depends. Is the team winning thanks mainly in part of the younger players? Ok, I'll buy it.

Is the team winning because Howard is standing on his head and Abdelkader is scoring goals off his rear? That I will not cheer for.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Penalty shots are so awkward.

Of course you would choose to take one any day of the week. Well, unless the guy taking it is bad. But then if it gets stopped it's so deflating and you're out 2 pp minutes. It's like okay they committed a penalty but we didn't get anything for it and everyone just moves on.

I'm not saying I want a rule change or anything, I'm just saying. I don't know what I'm saying.

Reactions: aar000n

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Depends. Is the team winning thanks mainly in part of the younger players? Ok, I'll buy it.

Is the team winning because Howard is standing on his head and Abdelkader is scoring goals off his rear? That I will not cheer for.

I fear you are missing my point entirely. Wanting your favorite team to lose is disgusting, but necessary to acquire elite talent which Detroit is in dire need of. As I’m sure you are aware of having witnessed their squad against other NHL teams.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I like when the broadcasts have strange malfunctions. Trevor's segments began a few times while he was unaware he was live. One shot had a crazy strobe effect happening. Then the power shut down on the Ram desk after the game. Is it possible the home team was dicking with the Detroit feed during the game?

The Wings were out of step and didn't deserve this win. Giveaways, mishandled pucks, errant passes, off-sides, icings... the effort was the there but the execution was horrible. So many blown opportunities. Anderson was great.

The bad blood between Ottawa is always good. Ever since returning to the east in 2013 these teams just don't like each other. Was it because we stole Alfeddson? Haha. Chris Neil and friends always went hard after the Wings- it's still a decent rivalry IMO.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How can we score only 1 goal against Ottawa the team with the worst GA in the league?? Yet manage 6 goals against the Coyotes who had the one of the best GAs in the league? Hockey is weird this year.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Is it just me or do the Sens have one of the worst goal horns in the NHL?

And the person that selects and/or plays the music in that arena needs to be killed then fired... not necessarily in that order. It's like someone just hooked up Jaden Smith's iPod to the PA and hit shuffle.

Oct 18, 2006
Is it just me or do the Sens have one of the worst goal horns in the NHL?

And the person that selects and/or plays the music in that arena needs to be killed then fired... not necessarily in that order. It's like someone just hooked up Jaden Smith's iPod to the PA and hit shuffle.
You're not alone.

Another good effort, thought AA was really good again and unlucky not to hit the scoresheet. 7 SOG. He's really making something happen every shift, and he's dishing off the puck a lot more and looking to get other guys chances. Loving his progression.

Thought Larkin struggled outside a few shifts late in the third.

Reactions: turkleton85

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
What are the chances Jonathan Ericsson and Luke Witkowski play the next time Red Wings face the Senators?

80%? 100%? Younger Senators did just disrespect our alternate captain pretty badly early.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The bad blood between Ottawa is always good. Ever since returning to the east in 2013 these teams just don't like each other. Was it because we stole Alfeddson? Haha. Chris Neil and friends always went hard after the Wings- it's still a decent rivalry IMO.

It's fun to watch, for sure. Watching the Borowiecki and Abdelkader show all game was fun, too.

Reactions: FMichael

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad