GDT: Detroit @ New Jersey | 10/172018 | 1:00pm EST >>EARLY GAME<<

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Skilled kids are fun eh? Larkin is turning into a star before our eyes.
22 year old ppg center playing 21 minutes a night. The kid is good. Quarter of the way into the season we're getting to the point of being able to be cautiously optimistic he'd taken another step..

Reactions: KJoe88

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Larkin is not elite and never will be. Doesnt have the puck skills or the shot. Hes not even PPG in an era where half a dozen guys are pacing for 100+ points.

He has a good motor and good IQ which makes him a solid 1C but he's not elite.

Reactions: taliababa

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin is not elite and never will be. Doesnt have the puck skills or the shot. Hes not even PPG in an era where half a dozen guys are pacing for 100+ points.

Larkin is a far better playmaker at this point than I ever projected him to be. The guy works pretty tirelessly on his game, I am not really sure what his peak is at this point. I think he could have a couple of real big seasons maybe, we will see. But it is hard not to believe in the guy, he works at it and he has gotten better every season, he appears to have taken another huge step this year. It's really awesome to watch.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

It's too early to write him off as never going to be elite. Especially as he's sitting 1 point shy ofppg on a god awful team with next to no support. If he ends the season around ppg then yea he's in the discussion of elite.

Dunno where the idea came from he doesn't have skill. Labeling him as good motor and speed is selling him short. It's like his draft year again and we're talking about him as a helm type player. Hes clearly surpassing that and keeps improving.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Hes 22, if he finishes this season with 80 points he'll definitely be bordering on elite shortly. Hes definitely a one C if he finishes with 80, by the time hes 25 with his work ethic I dont see how he isnt elite

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
If Larkin can learn to make the routine plays every single time and keep developing his defensive game he could become the wings Bergeron. As the wings keep adding impact players he’s only going to keep looking better

zwixrr

May 12, 2014
Michigan, USA

Look at Zetterberg and Datsyuk PPG's over the course of their careers. They are not elite either? You have zero idea of what an elite player is if you base it only on points.... so many different factors go into how to term a player as elite. He is the motor that drives this team. That itself is elite.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
Look at Zetterberg and Datsyuk PPG's over the course of their careers. They are not elite either? You have zero idea of what an elite player is if you base it only on points.... so many different factors go into how to term a player as elite. He is the motor that drives this team. That itself is elite.

Well i think Datsyuk and Zetterberg were absolutely elite, so I dont know who you're arguing against

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
It's not likely we're going to get Hughes anyway but nice to see the young players get some confidence and rewards....still, we need to atleast get a top 5 pick next draft. Dach could solidify us up the middle.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
He is the upgraded version of him. If he puts it all together he is prime Todd Bertuzzi if he wants to be. A player you really cannot defend once he fills out. Tough to see him hurt though, if he just got the wind knocked out of him, I don't think he would still be grabbing at his ribs still, but hopefully he is alright.

hope this is the case. i like this comparison.
prime todd bertuzzi.

rasmussen is bigger tho and has the skills IMO to be even better with unreal hand eye and his skating.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I doubt even then. Blash is on record saying that they will call him up when he can stay. As much as I like the youth movement, I agree there.

Well they talk enough about him going to the World Juniors that is kind of what I am driving at, they seem committed to him going to those so he won't be up before them because he cannot be up to stay. I have liked the recent progress of Zadina, but there is no hurry, I don't expect him up before mid-January at the earliest.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My guess is if they go to get somebody from Grand Rapids is it Chris Terry right now, he has been pretty awesome for the Griffins. But we will see what they do. Megan could also just draw straight back in.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Might be wrong, but I feel like you're opinion has changed drastically on Larks. I swear a week ago you were pumping his tires a lot more than this.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
Might be wrong, but I feel like you're opinion has changed drastically on Larks. I swear a week ago you were pumping his tires a lot more than this.

a week ago he was playing the best hockey of his career looking like Nathan mackinnon (for like 3 games in a row), I said it would be great if he found another level and kept it up all season but also that I doubted that to be the case. He reverted back to his normal good self.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
a week ago he was playing the best hockey of his career looking like Nathan mackinnon (for like 3 games in a row), I said it would be great if he found another level and kept it up all season but also that I doubted that to be the case. He reverted back to his normal good self.

Yeah fair enough. He was ridiculous those games lol

Reactions: TheMule93

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
DDK is do ordinary, honestly the excitement we all had for him when he got here seems like a lifetime ago.

Yeah I remember being super excited about him during his first two seasons. Tonight he and jensne had 25min each. Next was green and cholo with 18-19min followed by Kronner and Daley with like 15-16

The only thing I agree with there is Kronner getting 15.. Green and cholos ice time was OK too tbh considering the lack of power plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad