Proposal: Detroit | Nashville

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
To Nashville: Jonathan Bernier
To Detroit: Saros and the NJ 2nd.

Why? Nashville has to improve between the pipes.
Rinne 17-12-3 .898 3.01
Saros 9-9-4 .902 3.03.
Bernier 12-14-2 .911 2.82

Now, I don't watch a lot of Nashville hockey, but it;s hard for me to believe that Bernier wouldn't post better numbers playing with Nashville than he would in Detroit. I think he'd push Rinne for #1 and greatly improve the Preds' chances of making the playoffs.

The Preds can make a late run at a playoff spot without paying a heavy price (I've seen Saros. He's nothing special).
Detroit can even eat some of Bernier's contract to make it work.

The Wings get a top 40 pick and maybe something in Saros.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Goaltending is one reason why Nashville sucks.
With Bernier level goaltending, they'd be a playoff team.
You can't win in the NHL with .902 or .899 sv percentage.

And anyone who thinks Saros, at .902, is better than Bernier, at .911 in front of an AHL defense, is blinded by names.

I'd take Rinne instead of Saros - but Rinne wouldn't waive.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Goaltending is one reason why Nashville sucks.
With Bernier level goaltending, they'd be a playoff team.
You can't win in the NHL with .902 or .899 sv percentage.

And anyone who thinks Saros, at .902, is better than Bernier, at .911 in front of an AHL defense, is blinded by names.

I'd take Rinne instead of Saros - but Rinne wouldn't waive.
I would take Saros over Jonathan freaking Bernier every day of the week based on age and contract status alone. And I am far from a Saros fan.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
This trade is horrific for Nashville but to be fair Bernier is playing out of his mind right now. Detroit is fielding an AHL-level defense most nights and Bernier is actually getting wins.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
While I agree Bernier is playing great right now, however, I don't see why Nashville does this especially adding a pick to the deal. I would take it in a heartbeat being a Wings fan but this is a non starter of a trade proposal.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
To Nashville: Jonathan Bernier
To Detroit: Saros and the NJ 2nd.

Why? Nashville has to improve between the pipes.
Rinne 17-12-3 .898 3.01
Saros 9-9-4 .902 3.03.
Bernier 12-14-2 .911 2.82

Now, I don't watch a lot of Nashville hockey, but it;s hard for me to believe that Bernier wouldn't post better numbers playing with Nashville than he would in Detroit. I think he'd push Rinne for #1 and greatly improve the Preds' chances of making the playoffs.

The Preds can make a late run at a playoff spot without paying a heavy price (I've seen Saros. He's nothing special).
Detroit can even eat some of Bernier's contract to make it work.

The Wings get a top 40 pick and maybe something in Saros.
hahahahahahah no....

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I don't.
If Nashville has any desire to make the playoffs, they need an improvement between the pipes.
And clearly, Bernier has really outperformed Rinne and Saros.
He's cheap.
He can play next year at a cheap price.

People are real assholes on here when you trigger them with trade proposals, don't take it too personally.

Saros is likely to be a good #1/2 option moving forward. Bernier is a journeyman.

If you want to move Bernier, look for a team with a more short term goalie issue (Florida?) and don't expect much in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad