Proposal: Detroit (Mantha) - Vegas (Futures)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Unsure of Vegas's needs so feel free to call me out if they're already winger heavy, but I think Mantha could look good flanking a center with Tuch on the other side. I think it is fair to say Mantha has been underwhelming this year but still has great talent and likely would be motivated on a playoff team. Detroit does it because it addresses their most glaring prospect pool need and gets them a player more along with their timeline. At this point Wings and Yzerman know that Larkin will be the vets by the time we're good again, not the torch carriers.

Vegas gets - Anthony Mantha, Wings 4th round pick

Wings get one of two packages -
A: Glass and Vegas 3rd

or...

B: Krebs and a 2nd

Feel free to rip it apart, just toying with some ideas.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
There is this thing called the salary cap. It’s real. And Vegas is up against it. Your proposal is makes zero sense in the real world where a nhl team has to be cap compliant. Manthas deal would put them way over the cap.
No need for sass, I already said I was just spit balling a 2am idea without doing much research. Though it was fun reading your post with a ridiculously nerdy and pedantic sounding voice in my head

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
There is this thing called the salary cap. It’s real. And Vegas is up against it. Your proposal is makes zero sense in the real world where a nhl team has to be cap compliant. Manthas deal would put them way over the cap.
Many things can happen to become cap compliant. Just like when the Leafs, Lightning etc are never going to figure out the cap every off season they some how do.

You should understand that cap compliance isn't the thing that is holding this trade back from happening. The main problem is that this is a FANTASY TRADE BOARD.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Many things can happen to become cap compliant. Just like when the Leafs, Lightning etc are never going to figure out the cap every off season they some how do.

You should understand that cap compliance isn't the thing that is holding this trade back from happening. The main problem is that this is a FANTASY TRADE BOARD.

They're not moving mountains to add another winger this season. Zero interest considering the cost.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No need for sass, I already said I was just spit balling a 2am idea without doing much research. Though it was fun reading your post with a ridiculously nerdy and pedantic sounding voice in my head
Whats so nerdy and pedantic about being aware and realistic?

It would have taken 30 seconds to check Capfriendly to know Vegas would have to send a large contract back

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The only deal I could see between these teams is Bobby for a 3rd/4th at the deadline.

I think Vegas could use a rental 3rd line wing ideally pushing Reaves out of the lineup altogether.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
So what cap casualty and/or dump(s) would VGK need to move out/back to DET to facilitate? It's all speculation, we're all Armchair GM's, give it a go...
There really isn't a cap dump on VGK and wing isn't really a need for them except a third liner like Bobby Ryan for a second round pick.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Unsure of Vegas's needs so feel free to call me out if they're already winger heavy, but I think Mantha could look good flanking a center with Tuch on the other side. I think it is fair to say Mantha has been underwhelming this year but still has great talent and likely would be motivated on a playoff team. Detroit does it because it addresses their most glaring prospect pool need and gets them a player more along with their timeline. At this point Wings and Yzerman know that Larkin will be the vets by the time we're good again, not the torch carriers.

Vegas gets - Anthony Mantha, Wings 4th round pick

Wings get one of two packages -
A: Glass and Vegas 3rd

or...

B: Krebs and a 2nd

Feel free to rip it apart, just toying with some ideas.

If Vegas had the cap space, they would be seeking a C, not a winger. Since there is no cap space, they are playing with what they've got.

And if Vegas WERE looking for a winger, Glass or Krebs wouldn't be on the table.

I like Mantha, though.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
If anything, Detroit should offer something for Tuch. Vegas is paying him too much to play on the 3rd line.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If anything, Detroit should offer something for Tuch. Vegas is paying him too much to play on the 3rd line.

Unless a bonafide #1 center becomes available I doubt Vegas will even think about moving Tuch. From all reports they shot down any teams trying to pry Tuch or Smith this summer. The guys they were willing to listen on were Pacioretty and Marchessault.

Tuch IMO has been their 2nd best winger so far after Stone. He got bumped up to the top line with Stone a couple of games ago.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
we're not adding a 4th.

make it Glass and a second and ill drive him to the airport.

You're not getting either of those returns for Mantha anyway, but I'm dumbfounded as to why you'd draw the line at a 4th round pick.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
:laugh: These proposals are ridiculous.
He'll probably return a second or third round pick + based on how he's played and recent TDL trades. Will that be VGK? Who knows but someone will pony up that second or third round pick for depth scoring.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He'll probably return a second or third round pick + based on how he's played and recent TDL trades. Will that be VGK? Who knows but someone will pony up that second or third round pick for depth scoring.

I'm happy for him but if this were a regular regular season, 1 1/2 months in would be mid-November so it's a bit of a small sample size. If he's still going strong at the deadline then he should fetch a 3rd or a conditional 2nd.

As far as Vegas goes I'd be fine with keeping Roy in the top 9. Glendenning at 50% for a 4th would be my target from the Wings (unless Danault is available).

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I'm happy for him but if this were a regular regular season, 1 1/2 months in would be mid-November so it's a bit of a small sample size. If he's still going strong at the deadline then he should fetch a 3rd or a conditional 2nd.

As far as Vegas goes I'd be fine with keeping Roy in the top 9. Glendenning at 50% for a 4th would be my target.
If Glendening comes to VGK, I know it sounds weird but I'm getting a jersey (I live in Summerlin currently). If they were moved I'm hoping for a second for Ryan and a third for Glendening. I think Glendening is that player that GMs just love because it's old school hockey.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So a club heavy on the wing and light at centre moves a centre for a winger and enters cap hell?

Makes sense, fax the paperwork

Reactions: Bruhin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad