Pre-Game Talk: Detroit @ Carolina Apr 11th 1900ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Ken Daniels was on SN590 and said he "knows Mrazek is starting" today.
What does it mean? Who starts the playoffs?
What did Smith do? Is there a GIF somewhere?

He made a big mistake which left Howard alone with 2 Habs players. He also played the puck from the bench which put the Wings down 3 on 5, as the wings were killing a penalty.

We just have to win or lose in OT to have a date with Tampa. Or hopefully Philly beats
Ottawa. Ottawa @ Philly is 12:30 start so we'll know this afternoon.

I hope Sens win a point or 2 so that either Bruins or Pens miss the playoffs.

Probably one of the dumbest things he's ever done. And he wasn't even on the ice for it.:laugh: I guess it could happen to any player but of course it had to be Smith. He batted the puck from the bench back in play.
But had it worked, he would be smart.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I think you have to look at the B. Smith bench minor penalty the other night as a glass-half-full occasion;

the Wings were looking for an opportunity to bring Kadeykin over, we can now send a player back to SKA St. Petersberg in return.:nod:

That penalty was simply the worst in the long line of blatantly stupid B. Smith doings, and IMHO it's a shame that the Phaneuf trade didn't work out, because Smithy really belongs there.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Has there been an update on Abby that I missed? On track to be back for game 1 I hope...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Wasn't it just Miller last year that played 82 games???

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So what's the point of playing Cleary?

Call a kid up.

No joke. Would have loved to see one of the kids get a callup. A few of them been doing work down there and it's a nice acknowledgment. Plus who knows, they might surprise. Looking at you, AA.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Cleary's been a wing quite awhile. By all accounts a solid guy in the dressing room. I get the impression he was a good soldier this year with huge press box time. It's his last nhl game. His career is likely over after this season. Having a GR kid jump him for the last non-meaningful game wouldn't have been proper in my opinion.

Glad to see him on the roster tonight. Also thought it was classy to have him wear the A the other day as well.

He was a fine 14th forward this year.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Cleary's been a wing quite awhile. By all accounts a solid guy in the dressing room. I get the impression he was a good soldier this year with huge press box time. It's his last nhl game. His career is likely over after this season. Having a GR kid jump him for the last meaningful game wouldn't have been proper in my opinion.

Glad to see him on the roster tonight. Also thought it was classy to have him wear the A the other day as well. He was a fine 14th forward this year.

I'm in agreement. Whatever happened the last few seasons Cleary has been a good Red Wing overall. Last year was a joke, this year he has played under 20 games. I'm glad it's over but happy he'll get one last game.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Yup. last year was painful to watch. This year, he's just a fill in that kept himself ready to go if they needed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad