SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Detroit trades
Robbie Fabbri

Boston trades
Zboril, 2nd, 7th

What do you think?
Fabbri is a young, cost-controlled forward
He's gone 11-16-27 in 43 games with a messed up Detroit team.
He's got a good release, some passing IQ and he's got some grit for a little guy. Think poor man's Marchand.

Boston is running out of time with Zboril and have other defensemen creeping past him on the D charts.
Detroit can probably afford to give him a long look. Boston can't in the midst of cup contention.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Zboril, 2gp in NHL has proven nothing. Didn't exactly tear up the AHL either. Fabbri, a legit top6, young, cheap, IQ, meshes well, good shot/playmaker, . We're so bereft of talent we shouldn't be trading any of our Top 6F, except AA, which would leave us with 5 total. A late 2nd is a very slim chance to even make the NHL (3-5+yrs away), much less provide value & impact + a piece of TP (7th) is a crap return.

I trust SY though, so if he did it, I wouldn't be happy about it, but I could accept it as he knows best.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Fabbri is a Center - shoots left and is not big. Bruins need a big physical RW, who else do you have that fits close to that.

Zboril would be in the NHL on most teams right now. Bruins have way too many options right now on defense. Miller is out injured, Moore is sitting and Clifton is coming back soon.

Reactions: Scruffy

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Fabbri is a Center - shoots left and is not big. Bruins need a big physical RW, who else do you have that fits close to that.
Fabbri doesn't play C though, even if he's listed as one. Adam Erne, but he's a avg. 3rd/good 4th line or Abdelkader :naughty: Givani Smith, but I think the org. likes him so his worth to us vs. what we would ask in return doesn't jive.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He’s a winger
Left or right Hockey DB has him at center but he is not the big guy they need to get past St Loius, Tampa or the Caps.

I imagine Cholowski makes the Wings next year. He is known to my family very well.

PS - Zboril probably makes the Bruins dee next year. Bruins will lose one of Grzelcyk or Clifton to Seattle and let Miller walk and trade Moore.

There has been rumors about Backes and Stevie Y taking that cap. Maybe the Bruins add a piece.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Easy no from Detroit. Fabbri is still young, highly skilled, and is RFA - exactly what fits in Detroit’s rebuild. He has holes in his game, sure, but there is zero reason to move him right now, especially for that. Zboril would be buried in our depth.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Left or right Hockey DB has him at center but he is not the big guy they need to get past St Loius, Tampa or the Caps.

I imagine Cholowski makes the Wings next year. He is known to my family very well.

PS - Zboril probably makes the Bruins dee next year. Bruins will lose one of Grzelcyk or Clifton to Seattle and let Miller walk and trade Moore.

There has been rumors about Backes and Stevie Y taking that cap. Maybe the Bruins add a piece.

Some places have Nyquist still listed as C but he’s essentially never played center in North America.

Not only is Fabbri a winger but I’d have a hard time seeing him handle C duties at this stage. He doesn’t have the defensive chops.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Easy no from Detroit. Fabbri is still young, highly skilled, and is RFA - exactly what fits in Detroit’s rebuild. He has holes in his game, sure, but there is zero reason to move him right now, especially for that. Zboril would be buried in our depth.
Who would Zboril be buried behind?
Dekeyser (always hurt)
Nemeth (one year from UFA)
Choli (can't stick on a bad team)
Daley/Ericsson? Gone for good in 8 weeks.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Who would Zboril be buried behind?
Dekeyser (always hurt)
Nemeth (one year from UFA)
Choli (can't stick on a bad team)
Daley/Ericsson? Gone for good in 8 weeks.

Dekeyser is not always hurt and you can’t just dispose of him offhand anyway. Cholowski not being able to stick at what has been 20-21 years old as an offensive defenseman on a shit team is understandable - not a knock - and regardless he is still better, albeit different, than Zboril despite being a year younger and a notoriously slow developer.
You can’t just ignore Hronek.
Nemeth being UFA in over a year is irrelevant to now.
We still have Bowey, who is arguably better or as good as Zboril, although again, different.
We have Lindstrom, who is essentially Zboril, and yet a year younger.
Just ignore Seider, who nearly has the A figured out at 18? Ok
Not to mention the slew of other depth down in GR like Lashoff, Mack, and Hicketts that are basically the group Zboril is trending towards.
And all the others I’m surely forgetting.

So what exactly does the appeal of a defenseman days away from being 23 yet not even carrying the day down in the A have to Detroit? Very, very little.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Dekeyser is not always hurt and you can’t just dispose of him offhand anyway. Cholowski not being able to stick at what has been 20-21 years old as an offensive defenseman on a **** team is understandable - not a knock - and regardless he is still better, albeit different, than Zboril despite being a year younger and a notoriously slow developer.
You can’t just ignore Hronek.
Nemeth being UFA in over a year is irrelevant to now.
We still have Bowey, who is arguably better or as good as Zboril, although again, different.
We have Lindstrom, who is essentially Zboril, and yet a year younger.
Just ignore Seider, who nearly has the A figured out at 18? Ok
Not to mention the slew of other depth down in GR like Lashoff, Mack, and Hicketts that are basically the group Zboril is trending towards.
And all the others I’m surely forgetting.

So what exactly does the appeal of a defenseman days away from being 23 yet not even carrying the day down in the A have to Detroit? Very, very little.

Lindstrom, Seider, Hronek are RHD.
Zboril is a LD.
Like Dekeyser, Nemeth and Cholo.

Game missed for Dekeyser:
19-20 - 74
18-19 - 30
17-18 - 17
That's a lot of games for a guy about to turn 30.

Here's who we have on the left side
Dekeyser - Decent when healthy. But overpaid and fragile lately.
Nemeth - Dime a dozen guy
Cholo - Prospect who can't make the jump.
McIsaac- Will need at least a year of AHL hockey. At least. Probably more.

Zboril is a guy who can take a spot on this team next year.
The 2nd rounder just makes things nice.

Maybe Zboril sticks around for 10 years as a bottom or middle pairing defenseman. Maybe not.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Not interested in Zboril. Fabbri is still fairly young and is a legit top-6 talent that has done well so far. I would think he goes well with Detroit's future.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Fabbri probably doesn’t return his actual worth until he can prove he’ll consistently produce this way.

I’ll gladly hold onto him until next year, as that value recoups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad