Pre-Game Talk: Detroit at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Also, rumour is that the legendary Bob Cole is calling the game tonight.:yo:

TheGunslinger

Mar 24, 2016
great, hopefully we don't see Babcock kill the playoff streak haha. Who's starting in net and does it really matter? Both have been subpar last 5 games, with a slight advantage to Howard in my opinion.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Is there a game day skate today, or will we be waiting until game time to hear about the starting goalie?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Wings have been awful in the second game of back to backs all season -- have only won 4 of 14... Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they **** the bed here

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With a week to go, you can't lose ground...even though we're talking about just a point. Stay even or make up ground...basically, just handle your business and hope for some help this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. At worst, you need to hold serve. The biggest games of the season are next week.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah absolutely zero excuses in this one. Leafs want to lose, and we desperately need to keep winning.

A win sets us up for a solid chance in the last 3 games, a loss and we're nearly eliminated.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Why even fight? This team has shown it doesn't belong in the playoffs. Playing Kronwall and Zetterberg 20+ minutes a night is a sign of desperation, nothing else.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Wings have been awful in the second game of back to backs all season -- have only won 4 of 14... Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they **** the bed here

Has Howard played both games in a back to back this year? Maybe thats why we are terrible in them, we keep switching things up in the net, let the hot hand roll. A professional goalie should be able to handle back to backs.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Why even fight? This team has shown it doesn't belong in the playoffs. Playing Kronwall and Zetterberg 20+ minutes a night is a sign of desperation, nothing else.

If they make it than they belong.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
If they make it than they belong.

How tautological. Sorry, but the statistics bear out that, save for two outliers, bottom feeder teams are fodder. If this team makes it with a negative gf/ga and a .500 winning percentage they don't belong.

well maybe it's because the players don't like losing? :dunno:

tanking is generally not in a pro athelete's DNA

I never said tank, but, lets be honest, 4-5 extra games where they get embarrassed doesn't make this season any better, and it objectively makes the future worse.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
How tautological. Sorry, but the statistics bear out that, save for two outliers, bottom feeder teams are fodder. If this team makes it with a negative gf/ga and a .500 winning percentage they don't belong.

I never said tank, but, lets be honest, 4-5 extra games where they get embarrassed doesn't make this season any better, and it objectively makes the future worse.

So if you were a player on the wings right now, you're saying you would purposely throw the games?

Sorry but that's shouldn't/won't happen.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Has Howard played both games in a back to back this year? Maybe thats why we are terrible in them, we keep switching things up in the net, let the hot hand roll. A professional goalie should be able to handle back to backs.

Usually Mrazek would get the first game and Howard the second. Guess Blash is just deciding to go with whatever one sucks less right now given the circumstances.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
So if you were a player on the wings right now, you're saying you would purposely throw the games?

Sorry but that's shouldn't/won't happen.

I'd say my eyes would be pointed towards the future. Their current chances at a cup is at around 0.1%. That is laughably low. Their chances at Matthews is 10x higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->