Sportsnet: Details of Babcock's meeting with Andersen when they were in Denmark

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
On that 5th Boston goal I think half the blame should have gone to Gardiner for the way he allowed Debrusk to go around him.

Yes, agree with about Gardiner, though the shot by Debrusk was easily stoppable. It wasn't so much that Debrusk went around. him, it was Gardiner just had to stand up the Bruins blueline and put a shoulder into Debrusk the play would have stopped there.

And on the sixth goal Gardiner joined another Leafs Dmen behind the net, leaving an open Bergeron in front of the net.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He stole game six. He was overplayed horribly all season by Boobcock. Sheesh, the ACC was chanting his name during game six. We had a one goal lead in the third and Boobcock has the team laying back and playing defensive.

Its all on Boobcock, the Boston series. Outcoached again.

I am making a new call. Sheldon Keefe is warming up in the Maple Leaf dressing room.

Funny how you say that. To me Babcock is at times a poor a game manager . His silly matchups have the players more concerned about racing to the bench, instead of playing hockey. I've been advocate (unworkable of course) of having Babcock coach during the day, and does TV interviews. Keefe comes in and works the games.
I've been impressed by the Marlies. How organized they look, and the development of their players. Seems to me, Keefe deserves an NHL look. If the Leafs get knocked out in the first round, is HC job with the Leafs?

Reactions: ToMaLe

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
People seem to forget saves likes this Andersen made against the Bruins and why the series went to 7 games.

No doubt he was spectacular at times. His issue is consistency. You have to be able to make routine saves when holding a lead in the 3rd period of a game 7.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
He has been inconsistent and easily outplayed by the opposing goalie in the 2 playoff series he has had with us. We can sign all the superstars we want but if that doesn't get corrected we will still likely lose playoff series.

In the playoffs and regular season, he still tends to give up very bad goals at the worst times.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He stole game six. He was overplayed horribly all season by Boobcock. Sheesh, the ACC was chanting his name during game six. We had a one goal lead in the third and Boobcock has the team laying back and playing defensive.

I am making a new call. Sheldon Keefe is warming up in the Maple Leaf dressing room.
Your jealous.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Damn, he got to your cornflakes again, didn't he?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
He doesn't need to step up he does his job fine. It's not his fault the defence is crap and the forwards lack defensive responsibilities. Hopefully eliminating bozak and JVR etc can help change that minimally up front.

I'm content with Freddy and think we can win with him, but common, he was not good in the playoffs and completely blew game 7.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm content with Freddy and think we can win with him, but common, he was not good in the playoffs and completely blew game 7.

Yep. He was straight up BAD for 1/2 the games in the series. The Leafs D and PK didn’t do him any favours but that still doesn’t excuse all of his subpar play.

I suspect he was just gassed after playing so many regular season games

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
His poor play was also a big reason why they were down 2-0 at that point and ended up losing the series.

He had some good saves, but overall wasn't good enough.

Just listen to yourself. And whst was he to het the series tied at 3 in game 7. It wasn't bad I'm positive of that.

Andersen is awesome. Best goalie in our conference last season and hasn't lost any 40 plus shot gamrs in I don't know how long.

Its not fair beating him up for losing a series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->