Proposal: [DET/TB] Nyquist(+) for Panik?

Johnz96*

I'm a Wings' fan and was wondering if you guys would do something like this.
The Wings are loaded with smaller high skilled finesse forwards like Nyquist already on the team and in the system and have a shortage of big physical agitating forwards.
I was very impressed with Panik in the CCF last year, exactly the type of player the Wings could use.
Nyquist is a smooth skating very cerebral playmaker I see him as someone who could be a point a game guy in the NHL. He was considered the Wings top prospect last year and was leading the AHL in scoring before being called up.
Would you make this trade?

Last edited by a moderator:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
No.

We certainly don't need more forwards. As it is, 2 or so that could be in the NHL won't be this year because of the glut we have.

Johnz96*

No.

We certainly don't need more forwards. As it is, 2 or so that could be in the NHL won't be this year because of the glut we have.

Yeah but you would be adding one and subtracting one, so you wouldn't have any more or less forwards than you had before the trade.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Yeah but you would be adding one and subtracting one, so you wouldn't have any more or less forwards than you had before the trade.

Think about what you typed.

Yeah, we'll get what we want, but you'll be stuck with still too many forwards!

Hardly an incentive to make that trade. It would have to be a D prospect on par with Panik/Nyquist to make this remotely tantalizing.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Sorry, but we lack power forward prospects as well (only Panik and Erne), while having a glut of highly talented (undersized) forwards (especially wingers).

If Sproul would be 1 year older and be a proven AHLer I might have interest in him, but he is unfortunatly not and we have loads of Dprospects as well anyways.
So we are absolutly happy with Panik.

Johnz96*

Sorry, but we lack power forward prospects as well (only Panik and Erne), while having a glut of highly talented (undersized) forwards (especially wingers).

If Sproul would be 1 year older and be a proven AHLer I might have interest in him, but he is unfortunatly not and we have loads of Dprospects as well anyways.
So we are absolutly happy with Panik.

How's he lookin in the preseason?

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
No thank you.

Although, as a Bowie fan there would be something poetic about Panik in Detroit. At least he'd come equipped with his own goal scoring music.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
im wing and bolt fan. 35 and 20 years lol.

I would do this trade so fast it would make peoples heads spin.

Nyquist is Killorn people. I get what panik brings but we are not talking about the smaller tatar here who is also a great player. Nyquist CAN DO EVERYTHING on every line. He is better than killorn imho and will have the better career. Killorn might shoot more though and might score a few more goals but nyquist will bring more points and is as good or better in every other situation.

Now the OP is offering more than just straight up which is beyond fair? NO this is a super fair trade. Is only cause of how well Erne showed so far that would make this trade acceptable. Cause of panik being a true power forward type. But panik doesnt make johnson or palat its the other way around. Killorn and Nyquist make and get their own.

Nyquist is Killorn. Two guys like that on your team are a LUXORY to say the least. I would do it straight up instantly but would also take a pick if you want to add one lol.

I'm a Wings' fan and was wondering if you guys would do something like this.
The Wings are loaded with smaller high skilled finesse forwards like Nyquist already on the team and in the system and have a shortage of big physical agitating forwards.
I was very impressed with Panik in the CCF last year, exactly the type of player the Wings could use.
Nyquist is a smooth skating very cerebral playmaker I see him as someone who could be a point a game guy in the NHL. He was considered the Wings top prospect last year and was leading the AHL in scoring before being called up.
Would you make this trade?

I get why you want this putting tatar with panik cause youve seen it intl etc.. is a good combo honestly.

To move someone like this we want a RHD pmd hopefully with physicality like jensen if he recovers ouellet looks awesome but think he is lefty?

Sproul needs work but love his size but wait is too long to move a panik etc..

I just said would do this trade cause I know how good Nyquists game is all around he is the real deal no size problem etc.. More of a playmaker than tatar who is more finisher maybe but smaller easier to get off puck needs help to create etc.. but you saw what that line did with andersson? Pretty impressive. You just need to wait to get rid of some guys this years and next who are over the hill.

It will happen soon. Maybe make that last cup run this year with some oldies. Also hate to do trade and help same division lol.

Yet as said would do str8 up panik for nyquist cause nyquist will have the better career imho by a lot.

So my advice is dont throw the baby out with the bathwater:)

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Nyquist is Killorn people. I get what panik brings but we are not talking about the smaller tatar here who is also a great player. Nyquist CAN DO EVERYTHING on every line. He is better than killorn imho and will have the better career. Killorn might shoot more though and might score a few more goals but nyquist will bring more points and is as good or better in every other situation.

Now the OP asked for more? NO this is a super fair trade. Is only cause of how well Erne showed so far that would make this trade acceptable.

Nyquist is Killorn. Two guys like that on your team are a LUXORY to say the least.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I'd rather keep Panik. When he's fired up he's a beast on the ice. Playmakers are nice but if no one is making room in front of the net or bashing in rebounds then you're losing out on a lot of potential goals(and wins).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Makes no sense to trade forwards for forwards. Nyquist is a similar player value wise but if we move Panik or a forward I'm sure it'll be for a D.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
agreed the same division as all of you just stated nyquist plays with killorn like fire. Just not as big as panik. I pretty much think of nyquist as hudler fippula mixture better playmaker scorer as those two and as good on d as fippula. Very fast makes everything go pretty well. Him and tatar together on a third line will suck for us if we didnt have palat johnson panik killorn etc.. but will suck for a lot of teams just like our third line is not gonna be a fun night for most clubs:)

I also am higher on Erne than panik and was when we drafted him said he could play this year with big club and figure he proved that:)

Is always next year though :)

I would want some of detroits D and they would be stoopid to move any of those guys till they have a few solid ones ready in next two years to take over for what they have now etc.. Def have some prospects that are interesting d wise in 2-3 years.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013

Now the OP asked for more? NO this is a super fair trade. Is only cause of how well Erne showed so far that would make this trade acceptable.

Nyquist is Killorn. Two guys like that on your team are a LUXORY to say the least.

Nyquist is great and I like him a lot but there's absolutely no reason to trade Panik right now. We have lots of skilled offensive wingers and lots of nice two-way wingers but Panik projects to be a player that we need. He has mean streak in his game and can score goals, I think he'll be a perfect fit for our second line in future. I know that Erne looked great in his pre-season games and in training camp etc. but what has he proven that Panik hasn't? Panik has already shown that he can be a very good player in professional level, he was magnificent in AHL playoffs and looked very good when he played in Tampa. There's absolutely no reason for us to do this trade.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
Nyquist is great and I like him a lot but there's absolutely no reason to trade Panik right now. We have lots of skilled offensive wingers and lots of nice two-way wingers but Panik projects to be a player that we need. He has mean streak in his game and can score goals, I think he'll be a perfect fit for our second line in future. I know that Erne looked great in his pre-season games and in training camp etc. but what has he proven that Panik hasn't? Panik has already shown that he can be a very good player in professional level, he was magnificent in AHL playoffs and looked very good when he played in Tampa. There's absolutely no reason for us to do this trade.

I agree with you unless we get offered a Top 2 potential Dmen prospect of a top 4 NHL Dmen (Ex: Franson) I think its a safe bet that Richard Panik stays in Tampa for a while.

His first NHL goal, Flip the puck over the Goalie and go around the net to put the puck in the net.

Also look at this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
If you also type in Richard Panik's name in youtube. you'll see some of his fights. He doesn't look like he takes S*** from anyone, he plays the style Jon Cooper wants his player to play. Some of his fights were defending his teammates after they were hit. I think for a Euro player he can mix it up pretty good. Looking forward to seeing him in Tampa Bay for many years to come.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I love seeing that Panik first goal video b/c I was at that game, and quite stunned at how he scored that one...not a typical goal at all.

As for the trade, it doesn't make any sense on Tampa's end for the reasons already stated. He's a good forward, and worth keeping around.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Trading Panik would be stupid, unless we get an unreal piece back.
His skillset is one of the best in the team, he's one of the few players that is not afraid to hit in this team...
If he improves his consistency, he has potential to be a 1st line player in the league for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->