Trade: [DET/TB] Carlton Davis, 2025 and 2026 6th round picks for 2024 3rd round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Interesting....

TB should still have $3.33 mill of SB to allocate, plus $10.7 mill in a restructure in 2023. $14mill in dead money to eat.

They just got out of the massive "wash" they did in 2023. Surprised they felt it was best to move him at his $14 mill salary.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Essentially a one year, prove it deal for our low 3rd rounder.

I'll take it seeing as our other CB in the playoffs was a guy signed off a practice squad weeks before.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Dang. I suppose this takes them out of the Snead market?
It certainly does. The Lions have Sutton on a not-too-inexpensive deal and already re-signed Moseley. I do not expect any major addition at CB now.

The trade is not horrible for Detroit. But Davis is not a proven CB1, has only one year at $ 14m from his contract left and almost had to be let go by the cap-strapped Buccaneers.

Gruß,
BSHH

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It certainly does. The Lions have Sutton on a not-too-inexpensive deal and already re-signed Moseley. I do not expect any major addition at CB now.

The trade is not horrible for Detroit. But Davis is not a proven CB1, has only one year at $ 14m from his contract left and almost had to be let go by the cap-strapped Buccaneers.

Gruß,
BSHH
Why is TB cap strapped again? I thought they took the bath last season and have the $35 mill from Brady that was dead freed up. I don't see in over the cap that there is anymore dead money from Brady. Biggest one was Evans, but he got signed, so no dead money from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad