Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Red Wings sign Teemu Pokémon (1 year, 812.5K)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Ken Holland to Teemu Pulkkinen a 1 year show me what you can do deal. The only problem being is Pulkkinen is out 4-6 months from early June shoulder surgery. Doubt he comes back at the earliest until at least early January.

Pretty much just an extension on an ELC and last shot for him. If he doesnt earn an everyday spot I imagine he wont be in the NHL too much longer.

Sure, another bottom half team might give him a tryout or 1 year deal the following year, but a pretty much do or die year for him.

Seems like the prototypical too good for the AHL but not good enough for every day top 6 in the NHL and not rounded enough for bottom 6 duty

Unfortunately for RW fans, not that I think too many are banking on this guy, I think he will go the way of burying a lot of pucks in Europe or the KHL in the near future

ijuka

May 14, 2016
These are the boom or bust prospects. Either you make top 6 or you don't make NHL at all. These are the riskiest players. He even is small.

His skill is undeniable but I don't see him being good enough for a top 6 role in NHL. I think that this is the last we see of him in NA.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Lol @ the Twitter post

Hope he can pick up from before he went down with an injury last year. I've liked him before he was even drafted and was ecstatic when the wings drafted him. Signing is his last chance to show all he's got.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
These are the boom or bust prospects. Either you make top 6 or you don't make NHL at all. These are the riskiest players. He even is small.

His skill is undeniable but I don't see him being good enough for a top 6 role in NHL. I think that this is the last we see of him in NA.

I d think he gets one more chance is place like NYI, but unlikely to become a player. He was not roster worthy in World Champs, so even KHL megadeal is questionable.

18-19 in Switzerland?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Based on the hype that surrounded him two years ago, and considering his actual accomplished in NHL, it seems more like a Gyarados devolving into a Magikarp. :laugh:

Teemu Hartikamon

Idk, but if they get something half as good as this, I'm sure they'll be happy

6dcIMCw.jpg

Brilliant :laugh:

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
If the Wings are nowhere near the wild card in January, give Pulkkinen 30 minutes per game, see him score 20+ goals and trade him for a 1st round pick. Then laugh when he sucks again the next year.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
SMH. You know there's a new lockout coming when 56 CP rating Pokémons are getting close to a million per year.

Even worse, Holland tried spending his whole budget on incenses to catch a legendary Stamkos and that failed completely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad