Confirmed with Link: [DET/PHI] Kent Huskins for Conditional 7th in 2014

CloneHakanPlease*

What's with all the Ian White hate? I think he isn't bad and he is our only D-man that shoots RIGHT!

It has nothing to do with White being bad and everything to do with a 3rd being worth more than 20ish games of White when we arent going for a cup run anyways

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
My 1st reaction: A 7th for Huskins? Thumbs up, Kenny.
My 2nd reaction: A 7th for Huskins, but only if he plays in 5+ games? Ok, why not?
My 3rd reaction: Mother****er. Does this mean we're not trading White, who we won't re-sign and has 3x the trade value that Huskins does?!?

The Wings will still have to move another defensemen before DeKeyser can play.

crashman

What's with all the Ian White hate? I think he isn't bad and he is our only D-man that shoots RIGHT!

I agree, but he's a UFA and I'm pretty sure he's done with Detroit no matter what after being a healthy scratch. I think he might actually have some decent trade value as well.

crashman

The Wings will still have to move another defensemen before DeKeyser can play.

Really? Well that makes things interesting. It better not be Kindl for nothing.

Can't they just send Lashoff down?

we like our team*

don't think there's any white hate. he doesn't seem very happy playing for us anymore though so it's better to trade him than lose him for nothing

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Really? Well that makes things interesting. It better not be Kindl for nothing.

Can't they just send Lashoff down?

You can see it like this:
DeKeyser in - Huskins out.
Samuelsson in - Nyquist out.
Colaiacovo in - Lashoff out barring another trade.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
New info. I think some Flyers beat writer tweeted something similar.
So it's pretty likely the Wings don't get anything for him. Not that I expected them to get something.
Did detroit get that 7th rounder, that was conditional, from the stuart trade?
Yes, the condition was the same as now with Huskins. That was a 2014 pick as well.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Highly doubt PHI has interest in re-signing him, but you never know. They're beyond beat up on the blue line right now, so I can see Huskins helping a bit. He's probably better than Lillypads at that age.

Thanks for your short service Husks, you were solid.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Cool. Fine by me, Kent was pretty serviceable when he played. Hopefully this pushes Lashoff back to the AHL as Dekeyser comes in.(Hopefully Dekeyser is an upgrade to Lashoff, that is.)

RedWingsNow*

My 1st reaction: A 7th for Huskins? Thumbs up, Kenny.
My 2nd reaction: A 7th for Huskins, but only if he plays in 5+ games? Ok, why not?
My 3rd reaction: Mother****er. Does this mean we're not trading White, who we won't re-sign and has 3x the trade value that Huskins does?!?

Even if Lashoff gets demoted..

I think we have to move White, Kindl, CaCa or Quincey

1 Kronwall
2 Ericsson
3 Kindl
4 Smith
5 White
6 Quincey
7 Colaiacovo
----------------
8. Dekeyser

The real issue is, we've still not even addressed our immediate need on defense.

The media is treating this like Ken Holland just made some score at the deadline.

That's why I want to see Dekeyser Sunday and Monday. I want some idea about whether or not he's a good player before deciding whether or not to trade for a Robidas

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I wonder if Kenny made this trade just so he can add it to his "trade resumé"...even though it's basically waiving him since huskins for sure won't be signed... could have just waived him... :D kenny you

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

1 Kronwall
2 Ericsson
3 Kindl

Right on the money. Kindl has really made great strides, honestly they are one good dman from a solid top 4. Lashoff looks awful out there, but I know Babcock likes his meat and potatoes guys. Huskins, good Lord was he terrible. I seen him wipe out twice in one game after making a pass and no one was even near him! Smith forces too many plays, makes terrible decisions, I think he should be sent to GR until he gets a grasp of the Wings system.... I would like to see what Almqvist could do up here.

How about Kaberle? Its a stretch, but he would be free. If he fits in the system he could be a God send, if not, they put him back on waivers.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I can't believe anybody is complaining about Holland with this. He possibly added an asset for our 9th dman. Huskins was going to be waived. People say it should of been White but could be that Philly wasn't looking for a puck moving guy and wanted a 6th-7th instead.

I say we let this play out and see what happens. We are currently in a playoff race so I don't see the point of trading off players for picks. Yes it will suck if they walk at the end of the year and we lose out in the playoffs but that's a decsision I'm fine with.

crashman

I can't believe anybody is complaining about Holland with this. He possibly added an asset for our 9th dman. Huskins was going to be waived. People say it should of been White but could be that Philly wasn't looking for a puck moving guy and wanted a 6th-7th instead.

I say we let this play out and see what happens. We are currently in a playoff race so I don't see the point of trading off players for picks. Yes it will suck if they walk at the end of the year and we lose out in the playoffs but that's a decsision I'm fine with.

Who's complaining? I think people are just poking fun at Holland.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago

1 Kronwall
2 Ericsson
3 Kindl
4 Smith
5 White
6 Quincey
7 Colaiacovo
----------------
8. Dekeyser

The real issue is, we've still not even addressed our immediate need on defense.

The media is treating this like Ken Holland just made some score at the deadline.

That's why I want to see Dekeyser Sunday and Monday. I want some idea about whether or not he's a good player before deciding whether or not to trade for a Robidas

No way that happens unless a deal for another D is made. No way do they go into playoffs with only 7 NHL D and 65. No matter how much he ends up contributing it would be considered gravy and nothing that they would count on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->