Trade: [DET/PHI] Golden Tate for 3rd round pick

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There was a pretty good consensus among Detroit fans that he should be traded after those first two games(through no fault of his own). Those games are which really killed the Lions.

In addition I felt like the Seattle game was a potential playoff play-in game. Seattle has better odds with their division as a wild card where it was a must win for Detroit. Granted they can still make it but I all but wrote them off as a playoff team after Sunday.

Acquring Harrison was for this year and beyond. So I'm quite okay with this move.

Yep, agreed all around. I pegged the Seattle game as the big swing game of the season but in reality, the Jets and Niners losses is what really sunk them.

This move sets them up well for the future provided that Quinn makes the right moves. With Tate and Ansah off the books and with them recouping the 3rd rounder that they lost in the Hand trade (which is looking like a great move) and some young budding stars at the core, Quinn has an opportunity to build a contender quickly. Linebacker and #2 CB are the big needs, could use a legit edge rusher too even though Kennard and Okwara have had good seasons.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And attitude which the team has lacked this year. Got fat and happy after last year. In the words of Phillip J. Anselmo "Yesterday don't mean ****".
I wouldn't say they got fat and happy, I just think they weren't fully recovered from the toll that run took. They've still been dealing with injuries and unlike last year, have been needing to juggle the roster from week to week whereas last year when a guy went down, everyone knew they were done and could move on. The receiving unit was something that needed to be worked on no matter what though, they don't have enough players after Mack Hollins went down.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I love this move now, didn't realize they would get a 3rd or 4th comp pick in 2020. Id like to see Nelson at runningback sometimes too.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The surprise is that Philadelphia hasn't obtained a RB(yet) at a relatively good cost. So the other alternative might just be throw more.

There is nothing wrong with Tate. Just getting older, probably will start getting nicked up more/breaking down after years of being an iron man and likely wasn't going to be resigned.

He'll be missed but I understand it.

Because when they actually do run the ball Smallwood and Clement are pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->