Proposal: DET-NYR

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Literally hit 49 points in 76 games in 16-17. Guess I should have used "pace" to appease the HF nitpickers.
Or maybe just don't call a guy a 50 point player when he's 26 years old in his prime and has never posted a 50 point season?

This is not much different when people kept trying to sell kreider as a "30 goal scorer" when he's not at all

close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
These are my 2 favorite NHL teams. Hayes is already at a 5 million cap hit. Lets say Hayes plays exactly like he did last season, or slightly improves, the asking dollar amount is going to be more than what Wings should be offering longer term for him.

Rangers would probably prefer the draft pick at this point in their rebuild.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Literally hit 49 points in 76 games in 16-17. Guess I should have used "pace" to appease the HF nitpickers.

In that case AA is a 40 point player, so Detroit's add wouldn't be tremendous.

... Either way, this entire concept is baseless as Detroit already has a similar prospect with a higher potential ceiling.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hayes to Detroit doesn’t really make sense. There’s nothing on the Wings that (realistically) excites me anyway. I’d want a 1st+ for Hayes but the Wings 1st will be too valuable to move for Hayes. I’d love a deal around Berggren but again, no reason for the Wings to do it
Yeah, both teams are in too similar a position for this to make sense. Detroit being up against the cap and NYR having space could potentially be an opportunity for something, but a deal like this makes no sense for either team really. Hayes should go to a team that is competing and could use an extra center to push them over the top.

Reactions: Rangers_23

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Would rather keep AA and give him a shot at center than trade him for a year of Hayes. Don't think this works with our cap either.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I don't think the value is an issue. I think both teams are rebuilding even though the rangers committed to it a lot more at this point. I don't see the wings moving a younger player for an older one.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Hayes for AA +

It seems like Hayes will be gone before the end of the season, however trading him now could get best value. Red Wings get a center to secure that 2nd line role once HZ is done and Rangers get a speedy winger/center who can be moved around.

God no from the Rangers. Hayes is on the verge of being a 30 goal, 55% faceoff center who can play defense. Jesus.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Helm isn't a cap dump!

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I've always had a soft spot for Helm and it'll be weird the day he's not wearing a Wings jersey, I get that it's a business but still. Met him a few times and he's one of the cooles dudes ever.

I honestly think people make too big of an issue over his contract. It's about 1.5 or a little more too much and nowhere near as bad as some 3 or 4 of our other contracts.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
If Hayes is such a good second line center why don't the Rangers keep him? Is it because he wants too much money? So you think the Wings should give up something and then they can pay him too much money? Wings are in a rebuild also so I don't think they need Hayes

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but I've always had a soft spot for Helm and it'll be weird the day he's not wearing a Wings jersey, I get that it's a business but still. Met him a few times and he's one of the cooles dudes ever.

I honestly think people make too big of an issue over his contract. It's about 1.5 or a little more too much and nowhere near as bad as some 3 or 4 of our other contracts.

I was being serious. He is one of my favourite Red Wings, and he is paid in line with other 30-35 PT, PK'er 3rd liners. Get tired of seeing him lumped in with Dekeyser, Abdelkader and Nielsen as bad Wings contracts.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
God no from the Rangers. Hayes is on the verge of being a 30 goal, 55% faceoff center who can play defense. Jesus.

Lol wut?

Scores 25 goals (first time scoring more than 17 goals) and all of a sudden he's on the verge of being a 30 goal scorer?and last year was the only year as a 50+% faceoff guy and BARELY eclipsed it at 50.5% and now he is being bumped to 55%?

Wow

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I was being serious. He is one of my favourite Red Wings, and he is paid in line with other 30-35 PT, PK'er 3rd liners. Get tired of seeing him lumped in with Dekeyser, Abdelkader and Nielsen as bad Wings contracts.

Yep, so do I. Of course anyone that harshly criticizes him refuse to look at the comparables. I would love to see him when we rebuild with Ras, Zadina and a few of our other D prospects (that probably aren't ready yet) his stats really aren't accurate because the whole team had suffered for one reason or another.

Reactions: Oddbob

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
Lol wut?

Scores 25 goals (first time scoring more than 17 goals) and all of a sudden he's on the verge of being a 30 goal scorer?and last year was the only year as a 50+% faceoff guy and BARELY eclipsed it at 50.5% and now he is being bumped to 55%?

Wow

Wish I could like this post more than once

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->