Confirmed Trade: [DET/NYR] Marc Staal and 2021 2nd round pick for future considerations

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Taylor Hall? 10 years, 3 teams, 2 playoff appearances? That's the guy you think the Rangers should add? That's the guy? lol.

You're saying a guy sucks because he's been traded from bad team to bad team?

tenor.gif

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Every season has it’s own different set of dynamics, panarin rightfully lost every trophy he was nominated for and hall won. I just don’t see the issue in trying to upgrade your team. If Hall is interested in signing, you do it because he os a clear upgrade on anything you have. If he wants to sign there you simply have make room for him, that is my train of thought.
Again, he wouldn’t upgrade our team from what we have already and we DONT NEED ANY MORE LWs. 95>93. Deal with it.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Are you saying this guy is worth the money he will probably command when he can't lift a team up, and has a track record of this?
He literally lifted that trash devils team to a playoff birth.

Again, he wouldn’t upgrade our team from what we have already and we DONT NEED ANY MORE LWs. 95>93. Deal with it.
I am not sure we need to keep going in circles here but I firmly believe in 2018 93>95, hall was too good that year. I also do believe Hall would drastically help your team as he would be your best player. Clearly we’re not going anywhere and I’ll head out but those are the facts.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
10 years and this one guy as you say was on shit teams...unproven when it counts then. is what is it is, god bless any team that wants to add him, don't see why one would, other than draft luck.

what is he at, 4 career playoff goals? bummer.

Sorry for derailing the last few posts. wish Marc Staal luck in Detroit.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
10 years and this one guy as you say was on shit teams...unproven when it counts then. is what is it is, god bless any team that wants to add him, don't see why one would, other than draft luck.

what is he at, 4 career playoff goals? bummer.

Sorry for derailing the last few posts. wish Marc Staal luck in Detroit.
Would you agree that 4 goals in 14 playoff games is almost as good as 10 in 30? If you don’t then you’re extremely biased.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
He literally lifted that trash devils team to a playoff birth.

I am not sure we need to keep going in circles here but I firmly believe in 2018 93>95, hall was too good that year. I also do believe Hall would drastically help your team as he would be your best player. Clearly we’re not going anywhere and I’ll head out but those are the facts.
That’s not the way numbers work - Sorry!

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
That’s not the way numbers work - Sorry!
I tried to explain to you earlier that every season has it’s own different set of dynamics, but you ignored that. In this case 93 won Hall the MVP in 2018 and in 2020 95 won jack, it’s a perfect example, no? I find it quite hilarious at the thought of Hall on the rangers being this offensive to you guys when he would be best best player on your team, a team who happens to enjoying fishing for big UFA’s. I don’t get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I tried to explain to you earlier that every season has it’s own different set of dynamics, but you ignored that. In this case 93 won Hall the MVP in 2018 and in 2020 95 won jack, it’s a perfect example, no? I find it quite hilarious at the thought of Hall on the rangers being this offensive to you guys when he would be best best player on your team, a team who happens to enjoying fishing for big UFA’s. I don’t get it.
It's offensive because, as we've demonstrated to you, he would have been the 5th best player on our team last year, which is a lot more relevant than he scoring less then our best guy this year 2 years ago. That's why.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It's offensive because, as we've demonstrated to you, he would have been the 5th best player on our team last year, which is a lot more relevant than he scoring less then our best guy this year 2 years ago. That's why.
That’s not true though. He was stuck on bad teams, if he was on the rangers 1st line I have no doubt he would outproduce every player on your team.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
I’m just hoping the find Georgie a nice home (sorry am a hank homer), re sign the RFAs that don’t suck and UFA fast. Bottom pair UFA LD and Laf and lets go for next year- can do it all with the room provided by dumping staal. Good deal by Gorton

Reactions: bernmeister

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
He can and thats why he won a major award. He would immediately be the best player on your team.
But he didn't do that the year after that...or the year after that. So that was an ABERATTION.

Hilarious. First you said "Well he was playing on bad teams!" Then you said "He can make bad teams good!"

So which is it?

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
But he didn't do that the year after that...or the year after that. So that was an ABERATTION.

Hilarious. First you said "Well he was playing on bad teams!" Then you said "He can make bad teams good!"

So which is it?
Whats funny to me that is lost on you is that you're doing the exact same thing regarding Panarin lmao. I trust a 1st overall pick and hart winner more than panarin.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Whats funny to me that is lost on you is that you're doing the exact same thing regarding Panarin lmao. I trust a 1st overall pick and hart winner more than panarin.
So again, you first blamed the last few years on being on bad teams, yet you continue to cite his MVP season as him making a bad team good...sooooo which is it?

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So again, you first blamed the last few years on being on bad teams, yet you continue to cite his MVP season as him making a bad team good...sooooo which is it?
Clear novel concept of a good player being on a bad team. Like what point are you trying to make? He carried his junk team to the playoffs thats what you asked for you clearly forgot he did that. A player capable of an MVP winning season would help any team out.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Clear novel concept of a good player being on a bad team. Like what point are you trying to make? A player capable of an MVP winning season would help any team out.
Right, but he didn't help out the Devils in 18-19 and he sure as shit didn't help out the Devils/Coyotes this past season.

So, care to explain that?

The guy won the MVP once in an aberration year for him. He'll never even sniff another major NHL award for the rest of his career. Jose Theodore won an MVP one year and nobody is getting a spot in the hall ready for him.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Would you agree that 4 goals in 14 playoff games is almost as good as 10 in 30? If you don’t then you’re extremely biased.
LMAO c'mon guy it is not even close, considering it says a lot about a player helping his team win enough to play in only 14 playoff games. At least 10 goals in 30 games means making the playoffs more than twice, with even a series win or two mixed in. Whatever, it is pointless to even think about the Rangers having any need or capability to sign Hall. Another winger or a high priced player is the last thing the Rangers could use. Panarin, Lafreniere, Kakko , Kreider, Buchnevich, Lemieux and Gauthier is a really good to great, maybe even best in the league wing group. Kravstov on the way too.

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Right, but he didn't help out the Devils in 18-19 and he sure as shit didn't help out the Devils/Coyotes this past season.

So, care to explain that?

The guy won the MVP once in an aberration year for him. He'll never even sniff another major NHL award for the rest of his career. Jose Theodore won an MVP one year and nobody is getting a spot in the hall ready for him.
I don’t have to explain anything, Halls body of work is more impressive than panarin and his clear aberration of a season. It is an aberration until he can come close to replicating it. I don’t think he will.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I don’t have to explain anything, Halls body of work is more impressive than panarin and his clear aberration of a season. It is an aberration until he can come close to replicating it. I don’t think he will.
You don't have to explain it because you can't. You contradicted yourself constantly, and proved me right in the process. Guess we'll see what happens next year! But I can tell you, for shit sure, that that band-aid boy ain't gonna be plying his trade on the Rangers.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
WHAT?????? Panarin has been amongst the league leaders in scoring since his rookie season. There is less than a handful of players who have outproduced him. Hall is very clearly the one with the aberration of a season and the less impressive body of work.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
WHAT?????? Panarin has been amongst the league leaders in scoring since his rookie season. There is less than a handful of players who have outproduced him. Hall is very clearly the one with the aberration of a season and the less impressive body of work.
If you consider 10th, 12th, 20th, 18th and 4th place (clearly an aberration) near the top since his overaged rookie season then be my guest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->