Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Matt Luff signs extension with the Red Wings (1 year, $775k, two-way)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Matt Luff is the guy who got face planted into the boards by Juraj Slafkovsky.

Luff also took a Dumba clapper to his chin piece.

Matt just had some bad injury luck last season.

Reactions: Ezekial

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
I actully like Luff as an AHL/NHL tweener.
Doubt he sees much NHL time. Already 11 NHL forwards signed (If you count Veleno) and we're still $5M under the cap.

And then you've got Soderblom and Kasper who could be the call ups for long term injury replacements. (I'd assume they wouldn't jerk either one around on a 1-3 game call up)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Doubt he sees much NHL time. Already 11 NHL forwards signed (If you count Veleno) and we're still $5M under the cap.

And then you've got Soderblom and Kasper who could be the call ups for long term injury replacements. (I'd assume they wouldn't jerk either one around on a 1-3 game call up)
For sure. What I meant is tht he fully capable of playing 15 games or so if we need him to, and he won't look out of place in the NHL. He's a hard worker and a good skater. But yeah, AHL for sure, until we get drilled by injuries.

Seider and Donuts

Jul 1, 2023
For sure. What I meant is tht he fully capable of playing 15 games or so if we need him to, and he won't look out of place in the NHL. He's a hard worker and a good skater. But yeah, AHL for sure, until we get drilled by injuries.
I look forward to us signing some scoring only to have that player taken out by injury 10 days into the season...

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They still need to sign 4-5 other for Grand Rapids. Expect Grimaldi to sign as one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad