Waived: [DET] Danny Dekeyser waived

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Dekeyser when healthy has been a really solid #4 at his peak, unfortunately because Detroit is so devoid of defensive talent and depth and has been for basically Danny's whole career, he has almost excluslively played above his head as a first pairing guy.

I was optimistic he would be fresh for this season because of the nearly year long offseason for Detroit, but back injuries are really difficult and can have so many complications/ additional impacts on limbs or neck strength and mobility.

I hope he gets some ice time soon whether it is in the AHL or NHL and can get into a groove, so that Holland can trade us a 1st + for him. :D

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wait, so now Dekeyser cleared waivers, is he worth a 2nd rounder like Ranger fans say Tony DeAngelo is worth after clearing? Help me understand.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Word is Dekeyser isn’t recovering as quickly as hoped and as a result doesn’t have the leg strength/drive to skate like he used to. The hope is with another offseason he can get back to 100% and regain that strength and bounce back. I think it’s too early to write him off as toast like Ericsson due to the back. Give him another offseason and make the call next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->