Proposal: DET-COL

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
It wouldn't make sens for the Avs, they only way it would make sens from the Avs perspective is if they get Mantha in a deal. (Probably no 1f1)

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
You wouldn't be adding after Mantha get real. AA wouldn't land Girard certainly, but lets not over rate Girard here!

You're asking for a top 4, more like top 2 d-man on a long-term, very inexpensive contract that is going to look incredible in 2 years when Seattle joins the NHL. You're adding to Mantha.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Genuinely asking. He's better than Makar?

I'm guessing he thought Girard had the lowest value of Makar, Girard, Byram, Timmins...

Right now, yes. He plays the most minutes on the team at 5 on 5 by a pretty significant margin. He gets leaned on pretty heavily at both ends of the ice.

Now, I fully expect Makar to pass him as soon as next year. But at least for right now G is our best Defender. He had a rocky ~10 or so game stretch back in November but aside from that he's pretty much been a legit Top pairing level guy for us all year long and the offensive production at 5 on 5 is really jumping up this year.

The more one watches him play and focuses in on him, the more he looks like Spurgeon. Especially defensively where he similarly undersized like Spurgeon but makes up for it with his stickwork, positional play, and never quit attitude on the defensive side of the puck.

Long term I really think he and Makar are destined to be the Top pairing for us. With Byram and Timmins manning the fort on the 2nd pairing.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
You wouldn't be adding after Mantha get real. AA wouldn't land Girard certainly, but lets not over rate Girard here!
Girard is also locked in for 7 years after this one at just 5M per. There is massive value to that.

Zero chance he gets moved for AA or Mantha because the value isn't there for the Avs. Sakic will wait till the offseason and sign a UFA or make a Bura-like trade if he feels they need another wing.

Fun fact, Girard had 29 points 2 more than Mantha.

Reactions: Danvalanche

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Girard is also locked in for 7 years after this one at just 5M per. There is massive value to that.

Zero chance he gets moved for AA or Mantha because the value isn't there for the Avs. Sakic will wait till the offseason and sign a UFA or make a Bura-like trade if he feels they need another wing.

Is fun fact code for stupid post with no context?

Reactions: izlez

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You're asking for a top 4, more like top 2 d-man on a long-term, very inexpensive contract that is going to look incredible in 2 years when Seattle joins the NHL. You're adding to Mantha.

You are hoping he is a Top 2, right now he is not!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

You realize Mantha has been hurt this year, and plays on the lowest scoring team, that also is icing about 5 AHL defenceman in it's lineup and another 5-7 AHL forwards.

If Girard was on our team he would not have 29 points and would probably be -30. He is -3 for you guys and that is with much better goaltending than we have gotten.

Danvalanche

Feb 13, 2019
Is fun fact code for stupid post with no context?
No its code for we are talking about current production and contracts. Not what if’s. You realize we are in no rush to get AA or Mantha. We don’t need scoring. We don’t need a lot actually. (Detroit does). Wait any longer on AA and maybe he can hit -60 before the trade deadline. That will help boost the return I bet.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Yeah. Don't bother mentioning that Girard has also played 24 more games than Mantha this year, for a team that averages 1.5+ GPG more than Detroit.

That's the most cherry-picked stat I've seen on here in quite some time. Well done.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
No its code for we are talking about current production and contracts. Not what if’s. You realize we are in no rush to get AA or Mantha. We don’t need scoring. We don’t need a lot actually. (Detroit does). Wait any longer on AA and maybe he can hit -60 before the trade deadline. That will help boost the return I bet.
I don't care. The original proposal was terrible. No reason to make stupid posts comparing points between players with a difference of twenty games played.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wait any longer on AA and maybe he can hit -60 before the trade deadline. That will help boost the return I bet.

Imagine if Sakic had this logic during Colorado's sub 50 point season, when Landeskog and Rantanen weren't even half PPG players.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Imagine if Sakic had this logic during Colorado's sub 50 point season, when Landeskog and Rantanen weren't even half PPG players.

AA has been tagged very lazy defensively by plenty of wings fans lol unreal wheels on the rush but no way I'd trade any of our top 4 D for him

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Girard is:

A) 21 years old
B) Already playing top 4 minutes
C) On pace for 40 points
D) Signed for 7 more years at 5M per

Players like that have sky high value, it's pointless to include him in a trade proposal.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This isn't "should be locked bad" but its still pretty awful.

AA's value has plummeted this year and Girard is not an available piece from Colorado.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Great message to send in further contract negotiations. "Girard reupped for 7 years and before the new deal kicked in you banished him to Detroit and you want me to trust you?!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->