Proposal: DET-COL

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
To Detroit: Samuel Girard

To Colorado: Andreas Athanasiou

Detroit does it as they could use an offensive LHD to run a PP and Colorado has a surplus of offensive dman (Makar, Timmins, Byram).

Decent or nah?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
hell nah.
Girard is untouchable. 21 year old top4 D already locked up on a good contract for the next 7 years.
He is not available for trade.
And certainly not for AA.

AA might get you a Helleson or Kamenev +3rd kind of return i would say. Maybe bump up the pick to a 2021 2nd if the market gets crazy. If Sakic loses his mind maybe a 1st.
But certainly not one of the Avs high end pieces.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Girard is our 1D this season and will help to make our defense not a joke during our contending years. Big, big no to trading him. Even bigger no to trading him for AA.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
If you want Girard you can start with Mantha and add from there

It's a definite no. I wouldn't even think about it unless the Wings were crazy enough to put up their 1st this year without lottery protection.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's a definite no. I wouldn't even think about it unless the Wings were crazy enough to put up their 1st this year without lottery protection.

Well that's equally as ridiculous.

Avs aren't trading Girard obviously he's our best Defender right now and looks like a future Top pairing guy, but if they were to trade him, Mantha+ as a basis wouldn't be a bad start by any means.

Reactions: Avaholic29

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I'm the one Avs fan who'd happily move Girard + in the offseason for a serious winger. Girard can be replaced by Byram, for cheaper. Girard had perceived value, which to hfboards means "untouchable" but I'm a weirdo who's willing to give something to get something.

That said, AA doesn't turn my crank. But I'd add to Girard for Mantha.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If you want Girard you can start with Mantha and add from there

The OP is pretty awful, but it appears you two came in to attempt to balance the scales...

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Of course, especially considering how I viewed the OP's proposal in light of Girard's contract. I expected the OP to reject it out of hand and drive home the point how I viewed his proposal. Not happening. At all.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm the one Avs fan who'd happily move Girard + in the offseason for a serious winger. Girard can be replaced by Byram, for cheaper. Girard had perceived value, which to hfboards means "untouchable" but I'm a weirdo who's willing to give something to get something.

That said, AA doesn't turn my crank. But I'd add to Girard for Mantha.

Or.... And here me out because I know this is crazy talk.

But maybe, just maybe the Avs can actually have 2 LHD that can play in the Top 4, instead of just one? Crazy thought I know.

You are completely out of your mind if you think Sakic is going to turn around and trade the Avs best Defender this summer after he literally just signed him to a 7 year extension at a fantastic cap hit. He's a part of our core and a damn good player. Zero chance he is moved.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site

Avs aren't trading Girard obviously he's our best Defender right now and looks like a future Top pairing guy, but if they were to trade him, Mantha+ as a basis wouldn't be a bad start by any means.

Genuinely asking. He's better than Makar?

I'm guessing he thought Girard had the lowest value of Makar, Girard, Byram, Timmins...

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Or.... And here me out because I know this is crazy talk.

But maybe, just maybe the Avs can actually have 2 LHD that can play in the Top 4, instead of just one? Crazy thought I know.

You are completely out of your mind if you think Sakic is going to turn around and trade the Avs best Defender this summer after he literally just signed him to a 7 year extension at a fantastic cap hit. He's a part of our core and a damn good player. Zero chance he is moved.
2 LHD in the top 4? Byram and Girard. Best defender isn't Girard. Game's onright now, Avs have last change. Let's how often Girard's matched up against Point, Stamkos, and Kucherov.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
How bout AA and Glendening for Byram???? The Av's have plenty of Offensive defenseman and they value Girard highly!!

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2020-2-17_21-26-58.png

Colorado hangs up the phone and changes the name in the phone to “Do not answer”

@nshlphoenix, That's a troll, he's not from the Red Wings board, ignore him/her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad