Confirmed Trade: [DET/CHI] Brendan Perlini for Alec Regula

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
just like yakupov right?

problem is there is whole lot of misconception posters like you wanting to look at it differently.

yakupov was drafted where in a draft and then look at his production.

now compare that with perlini production and draft position.

he has done well without the expectation and pressure of yakupov.

see i want to look at the whole picture before i judge.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
That's insane to value a 5th round pick over Brendan Perlini. Go look at Wings 5th rounders over the last 25-30 years. I think only Jensen, Mrazek and Helm ever wound up playing a game for the Wings.
True as that may be, a 5th round pick is a lottery ticket. A 5th round pick could turn into even a star player. Could be a replacement level player. And sure with overwhelming likelihood it's absolutely nothing. Never touches NHL ice. That's what I would and should expect from a fifth. Regardless any player that does play from a fifth round pick would do so in 3+ years when we'd actually have use for them.

Perlini is a replacement level player for a team that is terrible right now. Unless he resigns with us AND gets significantly better he won't ever contribute more than his average replacement to a meaningful win for this team. I'll take a lottery ticket over nothing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
True as that may be, a 5th round pick is a lottery ticket. A 5th round pick could turn into even a star player. Could be a replacement level player. And sure with overwhelming likelihood it's absolutely nothing. Never touches NHL ice. That's what I would and should expect from a fifth. Regardless any player that does play from a fifth round pick would do so in 3+ years when we'd actually have use for them.

Perlini is a replacement level player for a team that is terrible right now. Unless he resigns with us AND gets significantly better he won't ever contribute more than his average replacement to a meaningful win for this team. I'll take a lottery ticket over nothing.

Perlini has 45 goals in 200 NHL games, about an 18 goal pace and is still pretty young himself. You can think of him as another 'lotto ticket' with a much higher floor than a 5th rounder.

I don't know, maybe others see it how you do but I would definitley value him over a 5th round draft choice.

Reactions: LDF

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
problem is there is whole lot of misconception posters like you wanting to look at it differently.

yakupov was drafted where in a draft and then look at his production.

now compare that with perlini production and draft position.

he has done well without the expectation and pressure of yakupov.

see i want to look at the whole picture before i judge.
Looking good for 4 games then looking like ass and getting 3 points over the next 40 games doesnt qualify as "doing well"

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Looking good for 4 games then looking like ass and getting 3 points over the next 40 games doesnt qualify as "doing well"
One guys in the league ones not. Whats ur point? Why do u have to ****on him cause ur team moved him? The thought of him becoming anything more than he is really does terrify you eh

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
no matter what i post, all this is coming from a person who compared him to yakupov via a rhetorical question.

so my last point is this, he shuffle from line 3 to 4....... he will now playing in a static lineup without the possibility of being shuffled.

there, i am done.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Call perlini whatever you want. Basically the only way he will produce decently is if he gets into a lineup for 80+ games

His problem is he plays his way out of the lineup consistently

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Just checked in to see how perlini was doing in Detroit. Gross

Didn't think he would really take off or impress anyone in Detroit, but this is worse than any stretch he had with Chicago or Arizona
0G, 2A, -13

Seems like regula is having a decent OHL season offensively, for what that's worth

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
At this point I’d be surprised if Detroit qualifies Perlini and I doubt another team is going to give him a one way deal.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Pretty disappointed in how he's been used so far. Gotta think it has something to do with his attitude/practice habits. Otherwise why would we give up a decent prospect in Regula just to healthy scratch the guy or play him 10 minutes a night.

Reactions: RedMenace

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Just checked in to see how perlini was doing in Detroit. Gross

Didn't think he would really take off or impress anyone in Detroit, but this is worse than any stretch he had with Chicago or Arizona
0G, 2A, -13

Seems like regula is having a decent OHL season offensively, for what that's worth

I wasn't a fan of moving Regula, but realistically, there was almost zero chance he'd ever be anything more than a third pairing RD on Detroit even if he hit well. Hronek and Seider are gonna take up the RD top 4 spots on Detroit for the next decade.

Can't blame Yzerman for doing it. He's made a handful of these trades and only one has really hit, but the one that hit hit big. I'd trade all of what he's given away this year (Kaski, Regula, Pope, 4th, JDLR, Saarijarvi) for Fabbri.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Pretty disappointed in how he's been used so far. Gotta think it has something to do with his attitude/practice habits. Otherwise why would we give up a decent prospect in Regula just to healthy scratch the guy or play him 10 minutes a night.

It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. The guy is useless. He’ll sign somewhere in Europe next year

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
At this point I’d be surprised if Detroit qualifies Perlini and I doubt another team is going to give him a one way deal.

If he plays 10 or less NHL games for the rest of the year, they can give him a two-way QO. If he plays more than that, he can only be given a one-way, which he definitely won't get.

At this point, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Perlini ends up waived sometime before the trade deadline.

Seeing that Yzerman seems to want to build a winning culture for the young guys in GR, I can see them bringing Perlini back for organizational depth. If he doesn't hit 260 pro games at the end of the year (he's currently at 243), he won't count against the "veteran maximum" in the AHL if he clears waivers and gets sent down. The Wings already have 3 Dmen under contract for next season that will count against the max, and depending on what they do if they re-sign/replace guys like Turgeon, Elson, Terry and Puempel, and GR with Ford and Tangradi, Perlini might be nice to have down there if they won't be able to dress all of their veteran guys.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You can thank Blashill for that. He would rather use 4th line center Luke Glendening in a top 6 winger role and put Perlini on a 4th line checking role.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
You can thank Blashill for that. He would rather use 4th line center Luke Glendening in a top 6 winger role and put Perlini on a 4th line checking role.

This excerpt from an Red Wings player poll on The Athletic could have a clue:

Who is always late?
The winner: Brendan Perlini (6)
On his heels: Nemeth (3)
Also receiving votes: Andreas Athanasiou, Givani Smith, Tyler Bertuzzi
After some early answers, this question was revised to “who’s closest to late,” because there was at least one “no one” answer, and even our winner had teammates defending him while simultaneously voting for him.
But still, someone has to be the latest, even if he’s not outright late, and based on this poll that’s Perlini.
“He’s not late, but he’s, like, always cutting it close,” one said.
“He’s not late but he’s (there) like five minutes, always, before (the) meeting,” another added.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
For being close to late? I believe Blashill has an obsession with Glendening more than Blashill punishing Perlini for almost being late.

I agree that Blash has a crush on Glendening but the reason for that is he's a hard worker. If Perlini is showing up at the last minute and not working as hard that at least explains the method to Blash's perceived madness.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I agree that Blash has a crush on Glendening but the reason for that is he's a hard worker. If Perlini is showing up at the last minute and not working as hard that at least explains the method to Blash's perceived madness.
Oh I totally understand why he's doing, I just completely disagree with him doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad