Proposal: DET - CGY

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Stopped reading at the bolded. If you want a response try again with something I actually said. If not no big deal.

Follow along next time.

You jumped in on me responding to a guy saying hes back to his normal pace at 14 goals a season. You come back with possession numbers and then say youre not going to even respond to what I said lol. Theres not even 50 posts in the thread, you should be able to follow the conversation better than that

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Follow along next time.

You jumped in on me responding to a guy saying hes back to his normal pace at 14 goals a season. You come back with possession numbers and then say youre not going to even respond to what I said lol. Theres not even 50 posts in the thread, you should be able to follow the conversation better than that
You are going to feel like an idiot when you re read this short thread. Quite literally have never called him a 14 goal player. The number 14 doesnt even come up in my posts. I even agreed with the concept he can score 30. I know its hard to read when you are raging like this. Calm down and feel free to respond to anything I actually said.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Thats fine I wasnt talking about that though. I was talking about how calling him a 14 goal scorer is complete BS. Theres plenty of good teams that have depth and better possession players than the wings where they could afford to stick him on a wing and get a boost of offense even if its sacrificing possession play.

Hes dynamic and can create his own offense which can be a weapon for teams, especially if they have good defensive and possession players already. I dont think hes an amazing player but I also dont think hes worthless. Hes a weird, polarising player. I could see some GMs offering quite a bit for his skillset and I could see some having him completely off their radar
I read the rest. Pretty much EXACTLY what I have been saying. The question isn't if he can score the question is if he can play enough defense to not be a detriment on the ice dispute scoring. Calm down

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just a note.
It was rumoured that the deal Calgary had in place for Mark Stone was a 1st and Oliver Kylington.

This is a major overpayment for a guy that's a league favourite to win the green jacket. Friedman described AA as a headstrong guy who doesn't mesh with everyone either... so, this Flames team is already so fragile, we can't have more guys playing for themselves.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Just a note.
It was rumoured that the deal Calgary had in place for Mark Stone was a 1st and Oliver Kylington.

This is a major overpayment for a guy that's a league favourite to win the green jacket. Friedman described AA as a headstrong guy who doesn't mesh with everyone either... so, this Flames team is already so fragile, we can't have more guys playing for themselves.
Too bad Stone wouldn't sign with the Flames. Would have been a perfect fit

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

My memory was that it was rumored Ottawa wanted 1st + Valimaki from Calgary. Calgary said no.

Calgary tabled 1st + Kylington final offer. Someone in Flames management felt they likely had the best offer and was expecting offer to go through. Ottawa wanted to sleep on it or something.

At the 11th hour, VGK showed up with a Brannstrom + Lindberg and 2nd offer which was accepted by Ottawa.

I don't recall the rumored deal falling through due to Stone not wanting to sign with Flames.

Reactions: blankall and Volica

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

it wasn’t that stone wouldn’t sign, it’s that Vegas offered a top defensive prospect in the league (like top 10).

oliver and a first is way off that.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You are going to feel like an idiot when you re read this short thread. Quite literally have never called him a 14 goal player. The number 14 doesnt even come up in my posts. I even agreed with the concept he can score 30. I know its hard to read when you are raging like this. Calm down and feel free to respond to anything I actually said.

I read the rest. Pretty much EXACTLY what I have been saying. The question isn't if he can score the question is if he can play enough defense to not be a detriment on the ice dispute scoring. Calm down

Ok now go read it one more time. I quoted a post that said hes playing at his normal pace after an outlier season last year basically. I said hes on pace for 14 goals, thats not his normal pace and provided a bunch of stats to show why 20-30 goals is more likely his normal output going forward.

You jumped in out of nowhere talking about his possession numbers being bad. Youre going to feel like an idiot when you realise I never quoted you, you jumped in out of nowhere and didnt address what I was talking about and then proceeded to have a tantrum about how you didnt talk about what I was responding to. Dont tell me to calm down when you dont even have reading comprehension lol

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The good: AA is all offense all the time. Top 5 fastest players in the league and can put the puck in the net. 30g last year.

The bad: he is no defense all the time. He has zero interest in even trying. Even though he will win 98% of races starting 3 steps behind he insists on starting 3 steps a head. Its like PK 5 on 5 in your own end.

If you have a line driver at centre (Larkin) he can be useful. But he has to be put into a position to succeed.

Or, you could look at the facts.
Last year he scored 30 goals.
His most common linemates were Luke Glendening (324 minutes 8-6-14) and Franz Nielsen (294 minutes 7-4-11).
He played all of 92 minutes with Larkin at 5 on 5.

He finished the year, largely playing center. Mostly between Hirose and Glendening and then Hirose and Helm, after Glendening got hurt. He went 8-7-15 +2 in 16 games.

Now, this year?
Man, he's been bad. Almost zero 5 on 5 goal scoring after spending 4 years being a top 20 5 on 5 goal scorer in the entire NHL.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Ok now go read it one more time. I quoted a post that said hes playing at his normal pace after an outlier season last year basically. I said hes on pace for 14 goals, thats not his normal pace and provided a bunch of stats to show why 20-30 goals is more likely his normal output going forward.

You jumped in out of nowhere talking about his possession numbers being bad. Youre going to feel like an idiot when you realise I never quoted you, you jumped in out of nowhere and didnt address what I was talking about and then proceeded to have a tantrum about how you didnt talk about what I was responding to. Dont tell me to calm down when you dont even have reading comprehension lol
Flame away bud. I love the rage.

Just trying to help you understand the number of goals aren't important when his overall game is a net negative.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
it wasn’t that stone wouldn’t sign, it’s that Vegas offered a top defensive prospect in the league (like top 10).

oliver and a first is way off that.
Lindberg wasn't bad either. Ottawa did very well for dealing a UFA that wouldn't sign.

Another issue was Stone's large ask. Calgary would have had a very tough time opening up $9.5 million in cap. They had a tough time just making the ceiling as it was without bringing anyone in.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Flame away bud. I love the rage.

Just trying to help you understand the number of goals aren't important when his overall game is a net negative.

Which I literally said in response to your post. I said he isnt a perfect player but he can provide skill and some goal scoring to a team.

Lol dug yourself a hole now you have to act like an asshole instead of just reading and realising you were wrong

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Which I literally said in response to your post. I said he isnt a perfect player but he can provide skill and some goal scoring to a team.

Lol dug yourself a hole now you have to act like an ******* instead of just reading and realising you were wrong
More flaming. Just take it down about 20% there bud. No need to be so upset.

To make life easier on you there is a button with 2 speech bubbles on the top right of your screen. That is so you can have a private conversation. This way you won't have to get so angry about other people "coming out of nowhere" and commenting on your posts on a public message board meant for other people to comment on your public messages.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
A guy in his early 20s on a bad team is averaging 20 goals a year, at 24 he makes the jump to 30.. are we really going to pretend its more normal for him to be a 14 goal guy? Seriously?

I'm not saying hes a consistent 30 goal guy, but I find it hard to believe he wont be a 20+ goal scorer from here on out. Being a winger on the worst team in 20 years is having an impact on his season. So is being ridiculously unlucky Detroit Red Wings Andreas Athanasiou is the Unluckiest Player in the NHL - Last Word on Hockey

Nothing points to him being on pace for 14 goals being back to normal for him at all. If you put his shooting percentage to his career normal number 12.1, he has 12 goals already this year and is on pace for 24 goals on the year. He looks like what will be a consistent 20-25 goal guy, especially on a team with a bit of talent on it.

So ya 14 goals being normal for him is complete BS

I'd also add that he started the season injured and got injured midseason. He hasn't really had a chance to get rolling.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
More flaming. Just take it down about 20% there bud. No need to be so upset.

To make life easier on you there is a button with 2 speech bubbles on the top right of your screen. That is so you can have a private conversation. This way you won't have to get so angry about other people "coming out of nowhere" and commenting on your posts on a public message board meant for other people to comment on your public messages.

Lol or just take your lumps and realise that you were wrong. I make a post and you dont even read it, you cant follow along whats happening in the thread. Its fine, youll get it next time. I dont care if people comment on my public posts, I just get a laugh when thy respond saying they didnt read it, then say I'm going to look stupid, and then when I say read it again they get mad that I'm flaming.

Just follow along next time and youll be alright, no big deal

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Lol or just take your lumps and realise that you were wrong. I make a post and you dont even read it, you cant follow along whats happening in the thread. Its fine, youll get it next time. I dont care if people comment on my public posts, I just get a laugh when thy respond saying they didnt read it, then say I'm going to look stupid, and then when I say read it again they get mad that I'm flaming.

Just follow along next time and youll be alright, no big deal
Yes, when all you do is flame it sure does make me look wrong. Relax bud it's just a message board. Maybe you can use it to talk about hockey some time. Until then I guess you can just keep being angry and flaming away.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No. Detroit can easily draft an elite defenseman, according to the trend they're following in the standings.

I mean, there's only one consensus top 10 defender, and he's a righty. Detroit's set with RHD for the next 8-10 years between Hronek/Seider/Lindstrom.

Not only that, but I wouldn't take Drysdale at #4 or higher, which Detroit is almost guaranteed to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad