Dr. Hook
Aug 12, 2002
That's the 4th time Kyle Wood has been traded... 23 yrs old

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yzerman making moves. Its so refreshing

Stevie Y is very good at this GM thing. So is Carolina's group of Waddell/Tulsky/Scouts/Computer Boys. To me, truly the makings of win-win dealing. Wings get a 6'7" guy with some great analytics in the AHL who was hopelessly logjammed in our farm and was waivers-eligible, while the Canes get a guy who dominated in Finland, signed a UDFA contract in the off-season, and will have 2 seasons of waiver exemptions.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Kaski might have asked for this thinking he wasn't getting enough of a look? But the D are stacked pretty thick both in Carolina and Charlotte, so this probably isn't going to work out as well as he hoped. :dunno:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze I totally forgot about Kaski. I heard a ton about him this offseason that he had potential to become a stud puck mover

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
CAR is evidently interested in acquiring all the offensive RHD....

-Traded for Fox (and Hamilton)
-drafted Anttoni Honka
-tried to trade for and eventually signed Chase Priskie
-rumored to have shown interest in Julius Honka
-now acquiring Kaski

I wonder who they’ll trade to TOR for Barrie...

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Interesting for two reasons (both have been mentioned)

-Kaski was signed as a UFA just over 6 months ago by DET, as a pretty decent Euro FA signing
-Wood is on a carousel - fourth trade in his short career, and 3rd one-for-one trade in 18months...

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Everyones praising yzerman for making moves, lets not kid ourselves both these guys wont make the nhl

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kaski was signed after Yzerman became GM though, wasn't he?

I don't remember the exact timeline, but he was 100% Yzerman signing.

It's interesting how Kaski was rotated with Saarijärvi in AHL and either was going nowhere.

So Yzerman traded both. Seider and Hronek seem to look lock future studs, so there's only one RhD spot open in the future competition. New guys in to compete.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->