Defensemen
Slavin-Hamilton
Fleury-Pesce
Skjei-Bean
Goalies
Nedeljkovic
Reimer
Hard to complain here
Pesce-Fleury is a good pair. Shelter Bean and Skjei.

going heavy offense to create more chances. I like it. Although the record isn’t good without me complaining about lines. So..... no lorentz?!?!?! What are these guys thinking?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Forwards
Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
McGinn-Staal-Fast
Martinook-Paquette-Foegele
Defensemen
Slavin-Hamilton
Fleury-Pesce
Skjei-Bean
Goalies
Nedeljkovic
Reimer
Hard to complain here

I LOVE IT. Top 6 will score 4 even strength goals tonight, book it. I'd swap Foegele and McGinn though but beggars can't be choosers. I just think McLovin has fit pretty well with Staal and they should stick together but not a big deal.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
If you people are going to keep making puns like this, you can go and kick rocks for all I care.
32646439.jpg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So who is the backup when Mrazek comes back?

You ask me, Ned has proven himself more capable in that role than Reimer so far this year.

I don’t hate the idea of a 3-headed-monster at goalie once he comes back.

I think you have to keep all three up once Petr is ready. No way any of them pass through waivers now that Ned has shown he can play. I think the move of Zinger was in part to allow them the cap space for this very issue.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Even as a Ned skeptic, as long as he gets results, he should be in the rotation. I think Reimer has been fine as well given his circumstances. Hopefully it's give Mrazek the slight majority and sprinkle both the other guys in. I trust how we handle our goalies mostly at this point.

Yeah I think I would go a 3 parts Petr, 2 parts Ned 1 part Reims kinda rotation, and personally think that would benefit them all. Reims has looked better the more time he has off and zned has just looked and been better then James.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Just saying... I know we're all (possibly correctly) labelling Mrazek our savior in net and assuming he'll be the 1a immediately, which is probably likely and the best bet, especially with how well he started out this season. But Petr has not been without faults and hasn't been a stranger to some rough stretches. I don't think we should be labelling anyone as the definite 1a, 1b, backup, 3rd string, etc. I say we roll with whoever is hot while giving all 3 their opportunities. If Mrazek pulls away as clear cut starter, which I think is somewhat likely, and Ned pulls away as clear cut 1b/backup ahead of Reimer, which the recent stretch of play suggests, then great. But there's still a good chance it doesn't work out like that. I trust Rod and company to figure it out.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Mrazek isn't perfect, but I think he's clearly the best goalie until proven otherwise on full body of work. I don't think that equates to a savior. I won't be surprised if he takes some time to get going again upon coming back though, so sure, go with whoever is working. Luckily, we don't always need a goalie to steal games for us anymore.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Just saying... I know we're all (possibly correctly) labelling Mrazek our savior in net and assuming he'll be the 1a immediately, which is probably likely and the best bet, especially with how well he started out this season. But Petr has not been without faults and hasn't been a stranger to some rough stretches. I don't think we should be labelling anyone as the definite 1a, 1b, backup, 3rd string, etc. I say we roll with whoever is hot while giving all 3 their opportunities. If Mrazek pulls away as clear cut starter, which I think is somewhat likely, and Ned pulls away as clear cut 1b/backup ahead of Reimer, which the recent stretch of play suggests, then great. But there's still a good chance it doesn't work out like that. I trust Rod and company to figure it out.

I can ride with that thought. Only thing I will add is that in his time here Petr has been the better overall net minder over Mac, Reims, and Ned. While all the others had some moments of being the hot better goalie. Petr has had more of them and most have been longer

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Anyone reading the Detroit GDT? Wow what a mess. According to them and the Detroit media Svechs brother has played his way into the starting lineup, yet despite that and him publicly saving his dream is to play against his brother Blashill won't commit to playing him tonight. In fact he was on the taxi squad up until about 30 mins ago.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Anyone reading the Detroit GDT? Wow what a mess. According to them and the Detroit media Svechs brother has played his way into the starting lineup, yet despite that and him publicly saving his dream is to play against his brother Blashill won't commit to playing him tonight. In fact he was on the taxi squad up until about 30 mins ago.
Svech may score 4 if they don’t play his brother tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->