GDT: DET @ ANA | 10:00pm EST | 3/16/2018

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Haven't watched a game in a bit, when did DeKeyser go up to the second pair?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Is anyone else pleasantly surprised by Bertuzzi? In 117 less games than AA he's slowly becoming a more dependable, effective NHL player. Wins board battles, makes plays to keep possession, chips pucks deep to avoid turnovers. Lot of smart little things that's helped Z's line.

AA has been a hot mess the last few. 31 pts in 59 games is very good but lately he's getting passes intercepted, stripped of the puck too often. Is his chemistry thrown off with different linemates? Would he be as effective as Bert if given time on the 1st line?

Reactions: TheMule93

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
It just sunk in that Ericsson - Daley has been this team's top defense pairing all year... **** Blashill deserves the Jack Adams for keeping this team out of last place.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Bertuzzi has a lot more hockey IQ than the rest of our youngsters except for Larkin, maybe, Maybe. I mean, Bert has made some stupid decisions like getting baited into an egregious slash but experience is going to improve a lot of that.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Bertuzzi has a lot more hockey IQ than the rest of our youngsters except for Larkin, maybe, Maybe. I mean, Bert has made some stupid decisions like getting baited into an egregious slash but experience is going to improve a lot of that.
I'd like to see him get more goals, but that's difficult on this team. I'm sure they'll come.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Is anyone else pleasantly surprised by Bertuzzi? In 117 less games than AA he's slowly becoming a more dependable, effective NHL player. Wins board battles, makes plays to keep possession, chips pucks deep to avoid turnovers. Lot of smart little things that's helped Z's line.

AA has been a hot mess the last few. 31 pts in 59 games is very good but lately he's getting passes intercepted, stripped of the puck too often. Is his chemistry thrown off with different linemates? Would he be as effective as Bert if given time on the 1st line?

Absolutely. He's my favorite youngster

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Meh, it increases the chances that Perry will get his face bashed in. A very slim chance still, but we have to cling to some sort of hope, right?
It's not a huge deal, Frk is a little overrated by some people, but I'd prefer to get the young guy with a little bit of upside in the lineup than the career AHLer.

Then again, some fights could be fun.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Ottawa has passed us in the standings, we now have the fourth best lottery odds!

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I want to see an overhead of that goal to see what really happen

It started with a not-very good clear and change by the Red Wings.
Then Henrique beat Ericsson to the puck behind the net and played it.
Then Nielsen took the wrong way around the net.
Daley was too slow getting back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad