Destiny 2 | Curse of Osiris DLC - Part II

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ikora to this point has basically just been a religious zealot.

Anything the Traveler does is good and right, anything that goes against the traveler is evil and must be destroyed.

I generally find characters that view the worls in terms of black and white insufferable, doubly so when that mindset is born out of blind faith.
I haven't seen the scene as I haven't accessed the Dream City yet, but there are a ton of rumours out there that the original Destiny storyline was nothing like the one we got now. Supposedly the Traveller was the bad guy/object in Destiny reviving Guardians to get rid of the other species so the Traveller can ultimately control the universe; similar to what I consider Unicron is like in Transformers. Staten was the lead writer in it, but after Activision scrapped and redid the mumbo jumbo mess we get in the original Destiny, Staten left the company. My bro is big into this stuff concerning video game companies and said that when you bought the collectors edition in Destiny 1, they sent you the original grimoire cards that had the original premise on it. Interesting to say the least...

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I haven't seen the scene as I haven't accessed the Dream City yet, but there are a ton of rumours out there that the original Destiny storyline was nothing like the one we got now. Supposedly the Traveller was the bad guy/object in Destiny reviving Guardians to get rid of the other species so the Traveller can ultimately control the universe; similar to what I consider Unicron is like in Transformers. Staten was the lead writer in it, but after Activision scrapped and redid the mumbo jumbo mess we get in the original Destiny, Staten left the company. My bro is big into this stuff concerning video game companies and said that when you bought the collectors edition in Destiny 1, they sent you the original grimoire cards that had the original premise on it. Interesting to say the least...

Yep, Ive heard similar rumors, though the ones I heard suggested that the traveller was an entity that fed on conflict. It would travel from system to system and sow conflict by giving races tastes of power, enough to become obsessed with it, have them battle out, then leave, leaving the broken, obsessed corrupted remains of the peoples it encountered to chase it around as minions of the Darkness, with nothing but mad hatred for the travrllers new chosen.

By that understanding, the end of the Destiny 2 campaign is much more interesting. The traveller didnt choose you over ghaul because you were righteous, it chose you because it deemed you a more efficient killer.

Forsaken did actually, finally start asking explicit questions about just how good and righteous the Guardians are. And pointed out repeatedly, this giant ball in the sky has basically amassed a large, very well armed, zombie army.

Reactions: S E P H

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
All that original story story stuff is all rumour and definitely not fact. While a lot of it id likely true, there was no grand Staten story that was great. Seth Dickinson(author of a lot of the grimoire cards, Book of Sorrows, and the Awoken lore book i forget the name of in D2) has railed against these rumours numerous times on Reddit.
And no there were no “original pretense” grimoire cards since they were all written the summer before launch by a small group of people.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Finished the quest to unlock the third forge. I heard the complaints about everyone not wanting to run it on their other characters. Got about 5 steps into the quest and thought, this isn't so bad. Turns out that was not even half way through the quest. I am not doing that on another character. My other two characters will only have the 1st forge unlocked. Weapons are really good though.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The lore book drops for Season of the Forge are excellent. They tell Ada1’s backstory and they’re dark, brutal and heartbreaking.

They really do turn the idea of Guardians as righteous warriors on its head, which is so refreshing. This universe gets so much better when it deals in shades of grey.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Cool.

Not sure how much will change, but Im happy to see Activision out of the picture regardless.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've been thinking about playing a bit more lately, but don't own any of the DLC and I'm not really sold on buying it. Is there any reason as someone who's already level capped the OG game on release to jump back in now without purchasing the DLC or will I not really get anything new out of it?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I've been thinking about playing a bit more lately, but don't own any of the DLC and I'm not really sold on buying it. Is there any reason as someone who's already level capped the OG game on release to jump back in now without purchasing the DLC or will I not really get anything new out of it?

You pretty much need the DLC. If it helps, right now Destiny is in the best shape it’s ever been in (including D1). I’ve been playing religiously since forsaken (new DLC) dropped and still haven’t run out of things to do.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

You pretty much need the DLC.

But honestly, they're basically throwing the game at people these days. It's not hard to find a full bundle of everything for like $40 or less. The annual pass will grant you access to the newest stuff, but if you haven't play COO, Warmind or Forsaken yet, you'll have weeks of stuff to get through, especially if you're the type that likes grinding for god rolls or whatnot.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Even without the DLCs you can see if you like the other changes that they made.

- Weapon system changes
- Triumphs and collections
- Bounties

But you won't gain any progress or earn any new weapons/armors (random rolls) without the DLCs. Id say, give it a try see if you like the new weapon system (especially if you didn't care for the year 1 system).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well I did the forge quests on a 2nd character just to get more Jotunn chances. They're even worse when you're doing them all back to back.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Well I did the forge quests on a 2nd character just to get more Jotunn chances. They're even worse when you're doing them all back to back.

Meh. 2 chances per week for an exotic that still won't knock Sleeper or Whisper out of my rotation (hell, maybe not even Thunderlord) is more than enough for me.

One of these days I'll start a hunter as a 2nd character, but for now, still hunting for my Blast Furnace god roll.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

I only unlocked the 2nd forge on my alternate characters. Couldn't bring myself to do the 3rd forge quest again. Stinks this week because two of the frames are for that forge.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I only unlocked the 2nd forge on my alternate characters. Couldn't bring myself to do the 3rd forge quest again. Stinks this week because two of the frames are for that forge.

You can do any frame at Bergusia if you're high enough level but I'm not sure when that actually opens up... I think I was able to do it before the 3rd one?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
You can do any frame at Bergusia if you're high enough level but I'm not sure when that actually opens up... I think I was able to do it before the 3rd one?

On my alternates i can run the Bergussia forge but cannot pick weapon frames for forges i haven't unlocked yet.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Humble had the Forsaken thing for 26 bucks so I went ahead and just bought it.

Probably gonna jump back in tomorrow and see what it's all about now. I have heard decent things.

If I want to start over from scratch, is the experience wildly different now from 1-20 or am I better off just starting up one of my old 20s and going from there?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Humble had the Forsaken thing for 26 bucks so I went ahead and just bought it.

Probably gonna jump back in tomorrow and see what it's all about now. I have heard decent things.

If I want to start over from scratch, is the experience wildly different now from 1-20 or am I better off just starting up one of my old 20s and going from there?

Just start where you are and build up one character. When you get it high enough transfer weapons to your other two characters with the companion app and you’ll bring them up really quickly.

Forsaken is one of the most amazing DLC’s in modern gaming. There’s so much awesome packed into it you’ll be playing it for a long time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I picked up Destiny 2 again to unlock the Dream City and I came across a player called Ascended One who had unique subname called "Dredgen". Any idea what's up with this? Unlocked an achievement viewing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad