The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It is done.

With only 4 days left to reset. Phew!

5XFGts7.jpg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
So I want to get back into this game, but it's been quite a while. I only have the base game. Do I need all of the DLC?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

At invading, certainly. Thats just ridiculous.

You using Queensbreaker?

I knew the minute the nerfed Sleeper they were screwing themselves. Cause at least anybody can earn Sleeper through a sinple quest. Now the dominant invasion weappn is purely RNG, and anybody unlucky is basically just ****ed. I was lucky to get it quick, first RNG Forsaken exotic to drop for me.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You've always been able to use a Crooked Fang to pretty much the same effect. Better if you get decent rolls; if you get rampage you can body shot people after the first kill.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
At invading, certainly. Thats just ridiculous.

You using Queensbreaker?

I knew the minute the nerfed Sleeper they were screwing themselves. Cause at least anybody can earn Sleeper through a sinple quest. Now the dominant invasion weappn is purely RNG, and anybody unlucky is basically just ****ed. I was lucky to get it quick, first RNG Forsaken exotic to drop for me.

My load out is

Kinetic - Masterworked Bow with exploding heads, Cerebrus+1 (crushes everyone), and Bygones (Switch between these depending on invasion, map and where in the match I’m at. Mostly the bow.)
Energy - Escalation Protocol Shotgun (clearing the mote bank and Primevals)
Power - Fully masterworked Bad Omens Rocket launcher with enemy tracking and cluster bomb on impact. (The rocket launcher god roll)

Super - Storm trance

All my armor has the super mod attached to it so I get 3-4 supers a round if I use them

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Finished my first Forge run at 604 light. It's a fun little wave mode. Not sure I like it as much as EP from Warmind, but having the whole battery throwing mechanic (and having to hunt down the battery enemies, each of which adds different amounts of time to the clock) is a cute twist.

Not a fan of the grind though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a grind, but typically speaking, these multi-step weapon quests either lead to a weapon with fixed perks (exotics) or finishing the quest adds the weapon into the mode's loot pool, which allows you to get different rolls on the gun while you're working toward other things.

Not so here. Now, after completing the LMG quest and getting a decent-but-not-excellent roll, if I want a new roll on my LMG, I have to do this multi-part, grindy quest for the CHANCE at a better roll (or a worse roll).

IMO, that's just silly.

If I complete the gun quest, add the gun into the Forge loot pool so it can randomly drop after forge completions moving forward.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Damn the raid scout can roll with Box Breathing. 180 RPM that can 3 tap. Same TTK as Luna's/NF.

How long does it take box breathing to engage? And the reticule actually has to be on a target, doesn't it? You can't just go into ADS and hold a lane, wait for a guy to cross your reticule and then smoke him can you?

I don't use snipers much, that's why I have no idea how the perk works, lol

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
How long does it take box breathing to engage? And the reticule actually has to be on a target, doesn't it? You can't just go into ADS and hold a lane, wait for a guy to cross your reticule and then smoke him can you?

I don't use snipers much, that's why I have no idea how the perk works, lol

Just need to ADS for about a second.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Nice. Ive got one with rampage and ambitious assassin. Good for pve, dont really use scouts in pvp much in the current meta.

The Blast Furnace Pulse Rifle is a monster. Im eating up bygones users with it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Holy. Shit.

Bungie dropped a BOMBSHELL of a (main story line/Forsaken) plot twist this week.

Give your offering to the queen in the Dreaming City (offering comes from a bounty), go though the portal and go to the left and you’ll see an image asking you to ‘lean closer’. Do it. Then the story bomb shell drops.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Holy. ****.

Bungie dropped a BOMBSHELL of a (main story line/Forsaken) plot twist this week.

Give your offering to the queen in the Dreaming City (offering comes from a bounty), go though the portal and go to the left and you’ll see an image asking you to ‘lean closer’. Do it. Then the story bomb shell drops.

Yeah, the cutscene was leaked awhile ago, so I had it spoiled.

This might finally be the thing that makes Ikora interesting and not insufferable.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hey everyone. I'm considering buying the bundle that's on sale for $50 right now with the base game and all the DLCs. I'm just curious how hard it is as a new player to grind to be competitive, what the pvp is like and if it's worth getting now or if Destiny 3 is just around the corner kind of thing. I'm looking for an mmorpg kind of game to play with my brother a few times a week and this game looks neat, but I might also prefer to play something newer if it's going to be hard to be competitive.

Cheers.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hey everyone. I'm considering buying the bundle that's on sale for $50 right now with the base game and all the DLCs. I'm just curious how hard it is as a new player to grind to be competitive, what the pvp is like and if it's worth getting now or if Destiny 3 is just around the corner kind of thing. I'm looking for an mmorpg kind of game to play with my brother a few times a week and this game looks neat, but I might also prefer to play something newer if it's going to be hard to be competitive.

Cheers.

It’s pretty quick and they recently patched the game to make it quicker.

Destiny 3 is probably going to hit next September unless Bungie has to restart development from close to scratch like they have the last 2 games. So you have at least a year, probably more.

The bigger issue is that Anthem is hitting in a few months, and depending on how good it is, that could suck alot of the playerbase away from D2. And without a large playerbase to keep the world feeling active (not to mention needing 3 or 6 players for pretty much any good activity), D2 would be pretty lame.

The PVP is in kind of a weird place, in that they’ve made drastic changes to the sandbox, but we’re all still stuck playing on maps designed around how the game USED to play. Basically, you either play aggressive and rush at people, or you’re kinda screwed. The maps and sightlines arent big enough for more conservative mid-long range play with stuff like snipers or single-fire precision rifles (scout rifles). Shotguns, hand cannons and pulse rifles rule the day. Outside of the iron banner event, you’ll be competitive in pvp as soon as you unlock it. Levels are aggregated (or flattened), so the only thing separating players are the perks on their gear (which are player preference, mostly) and your class abilities.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Cheers.

Do it. It’s totally worth it.

Bungie announced today that they’re going to make it easier to get to 600 light for the new players.

Also, learn how to take public events heroic.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, the cutscene was leaked awhile ago, so I had it spoiled.

This might finally be the thing that makes Ikora interesting and not insufferable.

Can I ask why you say this? I've seen the cutscene, so don't worry about spoilers (for me at least).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The bigger issue is that Anthem is hitting in a few months, and depending on how good it is, that could suck alot of the playerbase away from D2. And without a large playerbase to keep the world feeling active (not to mention needing 3 or 6 players for pretty much any good activity), D2 would be pretty lame.
I was pretty close to just buying the Forsaken pack yesterday until I saw this comment and did a bunch of research. Anthem sounds exactly like what I'm looking for (though it won't have pvp which I do really enjoy, so idk about that) so I'll probably just wait for it so I can start at the ground floor and not feel too far behind. Thanks!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Cheers.
Even with all the issues that rightfully surround this game, it is still a fantastic game. Even though I have taken a break from it to play other games, the amount of fun I have gotten definitely makes the game worth the price. I do not like certain elements that Bungie has incorporated like the armour shades, how they finished off the Forsaken storyline (haven't even gotten to Dream City yet), loading screens, faction rally (which I haven't even experienced), and certain elements like constant grinding. Nonetheless, I consider it by far the best and smoothest shooter out there that is very easy to pick up, play for a couple of hours, and feel satisfied.

I wouldn't say that Destiny is hard to get competitive, it's one of those games where if you just keep playing it over time you become good (that's what I found out from me personally).

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Can I ask why you say this? I've seen the cutscene, so don't worry about spoilers (for me at least).

Ikora to this point has basically just been a religious zealot.

Anything the Traveler does is good and right, anything that goes against the traveler is evil and must be destroyed.

I generally find characters that view the worls in terms of black and white insufferable, doubly so when that mindset is born out of blind faith.

The traveler just selected the man that killed her best friend to become a guardian. Immortal. To fight alongside her and every other guardian in service of the Traveler.

She’s either going to have to embrace her best friend’s murderer, or start questioning her own faith in just how good the Traveler is and why it makes the decisions it does.

Or both.

Reactions: AKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad