News Article: Despres/Ebbett to WBS, Bennett to ECHL, Pouliot to WHL, Letang/Vokoun to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's not that I don't question anything, I just refuse to question everything. This board has been really negative about everything.

That is because we're sick of the country club attitude of this team. The "maybe next year, when everyone's another year older, and broken down," system of Dan Bylsma is failing. We want to see Despres, Sill, hell, even Harry Zoolander, in the NHL, not Tanner Glass and Craig Adams, but will it ever be? Not in this lifetime.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Well, I do feel that a poll among scouts and gm's would come out that way. Can I prove it? No. Can anybody prove much of anything said on this board? Not much.

So let's recap what happened:

Froods, written: "I have an opinion!"

Froods, internally, "Boy, this opinion sounds great, I bet others agree!"

Froods, written, "Every GM agrees with me!"

If we're going to start including our daydreams, fantasies and imaginary friends in our conclusions, Katy Perry and I are going to blow this joint.

As for the discussion at hand, no, I actually disagree with you. Despres isn't perfect and he is inconsistent, but he's no more inconsistent than Niskanen, while also having a size and physicality that Niskanen lacks.

Further, there's the whole deal of Niskanen playing out of position on the 3rd line, something Despres wouldn't have to do.

And finally: Niskanen is who he is. At his age, he's not going to get markedly better or worse. With Despres? There's still time. And the only way he's going to get more consistent is to play. In the NHL.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It's not that I don't question anything, I just refuse to question everything. This board has been really negative about everything.

Questioning the 4th line, the #5/6 Dman, and a goalie who has killed his team in the playoff time-and-time again.

Yep, that's everything.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Questioning the 4th line, the #5/6 Dman, and a goalie who has killed his team in the playoff time-and-time again.

Yep, that's everything.

That's all anybody talks about. Very negative in here right now. It is a sport. It is fun. Stop making it sound awful. It's like that guy who sits next to you at work and *****es about work everyday. If you hate it so much, find another job.

froods

Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
So let's recap what happened:

Froods, written: "I have an opinion!"

Froods, internally, "Boy, this opinion sounds great, I bet others agree!"

Froods, written, "Every GM agrees with me!"

If we're going to start including our daydreams, fantasies and imaginary friends in our conclusions, Katy Perry and I are going to blow this joint.

As for the discussion at hand, no, I actually disagree with you. Despres isn't perfect and he is inconsistent, but he's no more inconsistent than Niskanen, while also having a size and physicality that Niskanen lacks.

Further, there's the whole deal of Niskanen playing out of position on the 3rd line, something Despres wouldn't have to do.

And finally: Niskanen is who he is. At his age, he's not going to get markedly better or worse. With Despres? There's still time. And the only way he's going to get more consistent is to play. In the NHL.
"Boy this opinion sounds great, I bet others agree"

Ha. I knew for a fact that "others would not agree"
Now get out of my internal conversations before you make them negative as well.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

This is everything. Despres needs to regularly play in the NHL to improve. Give him a full season without jerking him around. He needs to play to get the experience and his mistakes need to be accepted almost like he's one of the preciouses, not get him unfairly punished. Let him make a mistake, see the mistake and try to improve from it, in actual NHL games.

The cap almost forced it, and still might; it shouldn't have come to that point.

It would help him lose weight, it's a win all around.

froods

Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
This is everything. Tangradi needs to regularly play in the NHL to improve. Give him a full season without jerking him around. He needs to play to get the experience and his mistakes need to be accepted almost like he's one of the preciouses, not get him unfairly punished. Let him make a mistake, see the mistake and try to improve from it, in actual NHL games.

The cap almost forced it, and still might; it shouldn't have come to that point.

It would help him lose weight, it's a win all around.

Fixed. New year same story.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Fixed. New year same story.

If you really think Despres and Tangradi are similar, then you have lost it :laugh:

Despres has already done more in the NHL than Tangradi. That said, he still should have played more. He certainly can be better than Glass.

froods

Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
If you really think Despres and Tangradi are similar, then you have lost it :laugh:

Despres has already done more in the NHL than Tangradi. That said, he still should have played more. He certainly can be better than Glass.

Not comparing the players. I am comparing the complaint. You could interchange that entire post for about 5 players.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Different subject. Does Kobasew get a contract?

probably. looks like they're negotiating right now and that he's going to practice with the team as long as the negotiations go on.

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 1h
Kobasew on continuing to practice with #Penguins: "I came here on a tryout, a PTO, with the intention of trying to make the team. (1/2)

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 1h
Kobasew (2/2): "This is kind of an extension of it. I’m here as long as they want me here, and then we’ll see what happens." #Penguins

https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/385120277559926784

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not comparing the players. I am comparing the complaint. You could interchange that entire post for about 5 players.

That's true. I mean if your argument is that we are way too into prospects here then I agree :laugh:

That said, I think this regime needs to learn when to give guys a shot and live with the growing pains.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
As we're headed into the morass of fan vs. fan arguing instead of discussing the roster, we're going to bail out here.

We can continue debating hockey issues in other threads.

• For news on Letang's injury and how it affects the defense, Maatta's tryout, etc., head here.

• For news on Vokoun and the shaky goaltending situation, try this.

• For more on this series of roster moves and how it relates to the salary cap and the opening night roster (LTIR implications, Bennett, Kobasew and the like), go to this thread.

People are understandably still sour about how last season ended, but we've got a clean slate here with the new season to stick to hockey talk.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->