GDT: Despite what it looks like outside, we are not playing the Suns tonight, it’s the Stars

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think you may have missed the multiple pages where this was already discussed in the off topic thread. In fact, I think Hank even said he bought a couple shares.

what i think people may not have gotten was the stonks part. I didn’t until I looked it up.
Stonks is one of the big reddit WSB memes they use often.

I followed that place on Reddit up until about a month ago. For the most part, it's filled with complete idiots giving absolutely horrible advice. But damn if they didn't hit it big this time.

Reactions: Wnc Caniac

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I thought Bean looked much better in this game than the one prior. He still had a bobble or two in his own zone, but he was more decisive and defended pretty well (only saw one "oops").

Seems to me Warren Foegele is going to have to earn his way back into the line up.

Had the most minutes last night.
I was referring only to one play when he danced across the blue line fairly magnificently only to lose the puck off his stick with zero pressure, which he did at least twice last game. Not referring to his play in general. He looked good again last night.

He can clearly force a high skill play that changes momentum, my comment is rooting for him to get the first one out of the way.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I was referring only to one play when he danced across the blue line fairly magnificently only to lose the puck off his stick with zero pressure, which he did at least twice last game. Not referring to his play in general. He looked good again last night.

He can clearly force a high skill play that changes momentum, my comment is rooting for him to get the first one out of the way.
He did that fair bit for the Checkers too... especially on the PP...just one of those things you'll probably have to get used to for a while

Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Great game, but the best possible thing for Dallas is they get an immediate shot at redemption. I suspect they’ll come back ready to go. Today is a test about where we’re at. Beating them like we did yesterday just to give it back today would be frustrating.

It’s always tough to beat the same team twice back to back, but with this season being shaped so you do that over and over again the teams that successfully do it are the ones to worry about.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

Oh, I wasn't trying to call you out @bleedgreen . I was just noting that it appears that he keeps getting a bit better each game. Given that these guys haven't played in almost forever.....and that Bean was really just developing his game to an NHL level, it's to be expected. He did show some of those nice flashes of offense.

He still needs about 10 lbs of muscle, though.

Great game, but the best possible thing for Dallas is they get an immediate shot at redemption. I suspect they’ll come back ready to go. Today is a test about where we’re at. Beating them like we did yesterday just to give it back today would be frustrating.

It’s always tough to beat the same team twice back to back, but with this season being shaped so you do that over and over again the teams that successfully do it are the ones to worry about.

Yeah, while we shouldn't be satisfied with anything but winning, taking 6 out of 8 seems about right. To do that we'll have to win a number of these back to backs (or playing the same team twice in a row).

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Oh, I wasn't trying to call you out @bleedgreen . I was just noting that it appears that he keeps getting a bit better each game. Given that these guys haven't played in almost forever.....and that Bean was really just developing his game to an NHL level, it's to be expected. He did show some of those nice flashes of offense.

He still needs about 10 lbs of muscle, though.

Yeah, while we shouldn't be satisfied with anything but winning, taking 6 out of 8 seems about right. To do that we'll have to win a number of these back to backs (or playing the same team twice in a row).
Hey, don’t agree with bleed. LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED WE ENDED UP ON TWITTER.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

It’s unfortunate for him (good for the team though) that with Gardiner and Skjei are playing so well, he’s going to sit when Slavin is back. Injuries, or Fleury if stumbles, neither which is want to see, are his only path right now.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Trochek Scores the first goal of the game and then grabs the ref to get the puck because he knew it was Lorentz's first NHL point
Ah. I noticed that he very purposefully got the puck from the ref but it didn't immediately occur to me why. And the reason is much better than the explanation I came up with on the spot, thinking maybe he was like Emmett Smith and kept all the footballs with which he scored a TD. :eyeroll:

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Search GameStop stock (GME). It was the most shorted stock on the market through COVID. Some say 100%+ of the shares are shorted. Reddit meme investors are short squeezing hedge funds. Started around $3-4 a share. Last week the stock went from $75 up to $500+ at one point. Some think $1000+ next week. Handful of Reddit millionaires created. Elon Musk and Mark Cuban are on Reddit's side. Real shady stuff going down on the broker side to try and kill it.
Pretty savvy for Canes twitter. It's definitely the "thing" right now.

I AM A STRONK APE WITH DIAMOND HANDS

I'm just not accustomed to the streams crossing like that. And I hope Dundon isn't shorting GME, because let's be honest, he's exactly the type who might be.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Just watched the game and I haven't read all pages of this thread yet but how would you feel about reuniting Slavin and Pesce when Slavin returns and keeping Skjei with Dougie? I'd try it.

Other notes I think we have such a great D group right now.
It’s an interesting idea. I think it might be suboptimal offensively. While Dougie and Skjei looked good for a couple of games, we got the best of Dougie when he had more free reign as he knew Slavin had his back. When he’s at his best, he’s bringing offense from the backend and I think you lose that with Skjei as his partner.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Need a second division before we can do that.

Which I'm all for, by the way. Two sixteen team divisions, two round robin tournaments of 15 games, two playoffs of top eight. Bottom two from Division 1 are relegated; Division 2 winners of regular season and tournament are promoted.
Lions can be the first team in.. The NFC East can go second. yes the entire division and My Panthers and the Falcons... Jaguars.

Reactions: Navin R Slavin

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It’s an interesting idea. I think it might be suboptimal offensively. While Dougie and Skjei looked good for a couple of games, we got the best of Dougie when he had more free reign as he knew Slavin had his back. When he’s at his best, he’s bringing offense from the backend and I think you lose that with Skjei as his partner.

Dougie doesn't play as aggressively because of Skjei. Skjei doesn't play as aggressively because of Dougie.

If you think both are too aggressive that's a good thing. But I think Dougie found a good balance with Slaving and it's worth bringing that back:

Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Skjei-Fleury

This lets Hamilton and Gardiner and Skjei be more aggressive knowing someone has their back, and lets the other 3 focus on what they do best.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I dunno, goalies hurt their fingers semi often and the recovery period seems to vary. I guess a lot will depend on what kind of bracing it needs. Like are we talking about a full break, is it affecting the joint, etc

Jared Goff won a playoff game with a broken thumb 12 days post surgery ... so ... hopefully it’s like that!!!

I'd guess it will come down to how well he can hold his stick with a compromised thumb. That worries me, although I'd have never guessed a QB could play that soon after thumb surgery on his throwing hand. Maybe they can just duct tape Petr's stick to his hand? :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad