GDT: Despite what it looks like outside, we are not playing in Raleigh tonight, it’s in Chicago

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Meh....the lines are the lines and as @Boom Boom Apathy said, "subject to change".

Still Nino can easily play the McGinn role. Dzingel can move up to any line, and Brock can move down to any line.

Rod really does have options like this team has rarely had in the past.
But Tim Peel is not subject to change... Officiating will be "interesting"

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Foegele - Staal - Svechnikov can be dominant on the cycle given its collective size and strength. The possession metrics were strong for the trio last year (Link). Keeping Kane, who that line will be out there against as much as possible, in his own zone will put a lot of pressure on the rest of a shorthanded Chicago squad offensively.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Meh....the lines are the lines and as @Boom Boom Apathy said, "subject to change".

Still Nino can easily play the McGinn role. Dzingel can move up to any line, and Brock can move down to any line.

Rod really does have options like this team has rarely had in the past.

What are you talking about? Those lines on the SC BBQ map are never changing.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Big game tonight! Well, for me at least...
upload_2021-2-2_18-13-58.jpeg

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The joke isn't that mustard sauce isn't good (or bad), the joke is that saying "SC is Mustard sauce" or that there is 1 type of SC BBQ sauce. Garnetpalmetto has corrected us a number of times on that (see the map I posted earlier).
The joke isn't that mustard sauce isn't good (or bad), the joke is that saying "SC is Mustard sauce" or that there is 1 type of SC BBQ sauce. Garnetpalmetto has corrected us a number of times on that (see the map I posted earlier).

It's really the 5 county area around Columbia where mustard is king. Hite's BBQ is an example of really good mustard barbecue. What even more characteristic of that part of SC is when they use the ham (leg) instead of the shoulder. It's almost like cracklings and pulled pork in one dish, and my god it's delicious.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
We all learned our ABCs as kids (Anyone But Carolina)...so obviously NC State. Only psychos and bandwagoners would choose otherwise :sarcasm:
Pardon? Raised right and a Tar Heel. Used to write letters to Dean Smith as a child. Loved getting a reply back in Carolina Blue ink. Valued them more than my acceptance letter.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Many times. The pig knee is a favorite. Reminded me of Brno, where they fed me a lot of pig knee.

But it's on the other side of town! I got no time for that!
Reminds me of an old joke:

A guy walking down the street sees a guy with a 3 legged pig and is curious about the pig. The guy tells him that this isn't just some ordinary pig: He once saved the man's family from a burning house, had saved a child who fell through the ice skating on a pond and foiled an armed bank robber by knocking him unconscious. The guy was amazed but finally asked the obvious question: why does he only have 3 legs? The man replied: "Well you can't eat a pig that good all at once!"

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's really the 5 county area around Columbia where mustard is king. Hite's BBQ is an example of really good mustard barbecue. What even more characteristic of that part of SC is when they use the ham (leg) instead of the shoulder. It's almost like cracklings and pulled pork in one dish, and my god it's delicious.
Mustard is king in most of SC.

But Texas style brisket is god. (Yeti coolers here might disown me for this one)

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad