Signing(s): Desperate Seahawks sign Mychal Kendricks (upd: suspended, allowed to play pending appeal)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I might be in the minority but I honestly don't have an issue with it. He committed a crime and will likely have to pay for it when he's sentenced but I just can't get too worked up over a white collar crime. There are plenty of worse people currently playing in the NFL.

Reactions: m9

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I might be in the minority but I honestly don't have an issue with it. He committed a crime and will likely have to pay for it when he's sentenced but I just can't get too worked up over a white collar crime. There are plenty of worse people currently playing in the NFL.

My thoughts exactly.

White collar crimes hurt so few compared to some of the cans of human garbage you already have in the league.

Reactions: IslesFan2017

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Renting a good player while KJ Wright is injured. Feels ethically borderline but I can't fault the FO for finding fixes.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
White collar crime shouldn't be in prison anyway, they should just be heavily fined or penalized in other ways. Let them make money to pay their debts and leave the prisons for dangerous people.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
I think I'd do really well in white crime prison. It actually sounds pretty great. 3 hots and a cot and you wouldn't even have to bother doing normal shitty everyday life things like going to work and grocery shopping.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Peoples lives have been ruined because of white collar crime. Those committing those crimes do belong in prison. Sure some white collar crime is semi harmless but most of the time this is not a victimless crime.

Jul 10, 2010
exactly, its not like he was arrested for domestic abuse or anything

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not the same thing as domestic abuse, not close but still a crime. Not sure I'd be signing him if I'm the Seahawks.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Rumblings seem to be that the NFL is reviewing the case right now. I would expect there's a suspension coming for Kendricks, the question is how soon and how long.

Feb 24, 2017
:laugh:
Don't let it hurt your feelings or anything, the team is down two pro bowl LB's and is interested in finding the best help available.
This doesn’t hurt my feelings. I’m a Lower Mainland, BC Packers fan. Think anything else Seahawks related may have hurt me? Like a McCarthy clinic in gutlessness circa January 2015? Haha Or a call so botched by replacement refs circa September 2012 that the nfl the next day caved to the puny loser ref union? I was there for that one and ate “12” pounds of shit from fans who couldn’t see what a joke that call was.

So this I’m ok with haha

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Neat. Well here *in 2018*, Seattle is heading into a tough game in Chicago with no KJ and no Wagner. So they signed this terrible human being who was trying to buy better stocks, in the hope that they can overcome these injuries.

I have no issue with the idea that he's going to jail for what he did, but the way the system works he can still play until he does. And I welcome the help, considering the nature of his crime isn't particularly despicable, unlike say drugging and raping multiple women.

Feb 24, 2017
Neat. Well here *in 2018*, Seattle is heading into a tough game in Chicago with no KJ and no Wagner. So they signed this terrible human being who was trying to buy better stocks, in the hope that they can overcome these injuries.

I have no issue with the idea that he's going to jail for what he did, but the way the system works he can still play until he does. And I welcome the help, considering the nature of his crime isn't particularly despicable, unlike say drugging and raping multiple women.
I was just taking the opportunity to rag on Pete Carroll. I find him kinda disgusting. The allegedly criminal linebacker I really don’t have a problem with being employed until he has his day in court, etc.

Feb 24, 2017

That night in Seattle was actually a little enlightening in a way. During my many verbal spats with Seahawks fans, I found out that a whole lot of them were Canucks fans who felt the Canucks got jobbed in the 2011 Final. So a lot of the spats turned out more amicable than they started.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Adam Schefter is reporting that the NFL suspended Kendricks before the game this weekend, however he's being allowed to play pending appeal.

Haven't seen any report of how long the suspension is supposed to be for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad